main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should NASA return to the moon?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by General Kenobi , Jan 9, 2004.

?

Should NASA return to the moon?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes.

72.5%
  2. No.

5.8%
  3. That's no moon. It's a space station.

21.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Only if they bring me back some moon rock. I want some moon rock! Number 4 on that 10 Reasons to Put Humans Back on the Moon list is "Gather rocks", so if they go to gather rocks then they can at least bring me one back. And only if they do some dancing on the moon.

But seriously, what do they hope to achieve by going to the moon again? Can you really see humans living on other planets? Will we leave ours when we've destroyed it and go and destroy other ones? Is that the plan? Or is this all in the name of science and the quest to know more stuff? Going to the moon isn't a big topic of conversation in Australia and NASA rarely makes headlines over here.

2. stradman

stradman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2002
    Some say the world will end in fire, others say with ice....

I think that it is in the name of science that we claim to go, really we go to satisfy our own curiosity or to boost our own egos by marveling at our technological wonders.

3. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Definitely! Space exploration has been ignored for a few years right now, and it couldn't hurt. It may be easier now since have have much more technology to work with.

4. endangeredsp

endangeredsp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2003
    I think we should do it asap. Earth won't last for ever folks. And taking missions or making settlements on other planets and even satellites will ensure our survival. This will take a very long time so now is a good time to start.

~endangeredsp

5. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    YES

About time-its been to long since we've been there.

6. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Absolutely not. At least not right now. We've got two huge projects under way, let's finish those before we move on to other things. We've got committments to our international partners on the International Space Station and the Mars probe has only just begun. First things first, ladies and gentlemen.

7. stradman

stradman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2002
    The option of going to the moon is not an immediate project. When Bush made the proposal of going to the moon it was to take place in a new space shuttle and by the year 2020. That is still 15 years down the road. I think that this is a good goal to set. By the time this all happens, the ISS will have been completed and so will the mars probe project.

Just remember, alot can happen in 15 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.