main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should the YJCC be group and game-free?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by General Kenobi , Jan 1, 2004.

?

Should the YJCC be group and game-free?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes.

13.8%
  2. No.

75.9%
  3. It doesn't really matter to me.

10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    No.

Groups and games are more valuable to most people here than debating whether the actor who played Cloud City Security Guard #133 in ESB played the guy driving the blue car in Miami Vice episode #14.

2. PadmesHairstylist

PadmesHairstylist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I'll say it again....No.

Edit - What exactly is the point of this poll anyway? Perhaps I should ask what's the motive behind it?

This subject is really getting old.

See post after mine...

3. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Nope. It's call "Your Jedi Council Community" for a reason. Games and groups are just as much a part of the community as all the other threads.

I don't like some of the threads at the JCC so I ignore them, and it's not hard for those who don't like groups and games to do the same. There's gasp!! 7 threads out of 50 right now that are groups and games and they're evenly spread out among the other 43 threads on the first page. I doubt it's seriously that hard to avoid those few threads.

4. Mrs_Kitty

Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2002
  5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
  6. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    stop with all of this bullcrap of trying to change the YJCC.

Anybody that wants it changed...can go ahead and go to another friggin site...

GK edit: Let's keep it civil.

Go to SouloftheJedi.net...or anything else...go to the crappy OS boards.

Get off the YJCC's case.

Simple as that.

You keep trying to change the biggest and best Forum you got.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T TRY AND FIX IT

7. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Doesn't really matter to me!

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    well said, J Sat!! :D

9. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I voted "It doesn't really matter to me." because, well, it doesn't, since from what I understand another forum would be made for the groups and games. If that was the case, I wouldn't really care which I would need to go to. I don't go to JCC for anything very often anyway, so moving the stuff wouldn't bother me.

Now, if they got rid of it completely, then we'd have a problem.

10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    did I also forget to mention that they also want to take the away the silly threads as well and leave it to just serious threads?

I still don't see the point in it, considering that is what and makes the YJCC is and if you do take away all three types then your killing the heart of the board.

11. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
  12. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
  13. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
  14. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    No, seems to fine the way it is.

15. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
  16. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    No is my final answer.

17. DARTHMOM10

DARTHMOM10 Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I believe that similar topics and discussions about this subject have come up before and will come up again, and again, and yes - again. [face_plain]

I don't think the YJCC should be game or group-free. Why? Well, what else would there be in the YJCC if there weren't any clubs for people to join or games for people to play?

There's a forum for everything else, from the EU and films to discussions about "serious" disucssions, to the welcome boards, and the "polls" like this one. The YJCC should be a fun place to go and goof off as well as meet new people and create friendships. ;)

If the "kill joys" don't like it .... sorry. Besides, no one has yet to present a solid and logical reason for why there should be "no clubs" and "no games" in the YJCC anyway. It's just people complaining ... :p

18. Thraxwhirl

Thraxwhirl Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I agree with DM10.

I mean, why get upset about groups being formed? Why? Is it 'cos folk feel they're being left out? It's not as if these groups and games discriminate against anyone joining. Unless of course they have a "bad record" which precludes them, in which case they've only themselves to blame.

And if you don't wanna join, then how are you being inconvenienced by these groups and games being there? How exactly?

It's like all those people complaining about the number of threads devoted to this or that topic(like LOTR for example). If you don't want to discuss it, people, don't click the link. That's what I say. I mean OMG! the massive inconvenience it levies upon my life when I open up a thread and find it's a subject I'm not inclined to read! :eek: A full six precious seconds of my life wasted, that I can never recapture. [face_plain] The sheer horror!

Personally, I have no trouble with a thread devoted to any topic or "group", provided its purpose is not to deliberately offend or upset anyone who might be using these boards.

Who on earth has a problem with this? They should get a life, and if they really don't like the threads here, then they should either start their own threads on topics they do like, or stop coming here and find something else to do. Either that, or just put up with the oh-so-onerous task of clicking 'next', and proceding to page 2 because page 1 is full of threads they don't want to read.

How hard is that? How much of your life has been disrupted or irretreviably scarred as a result of having to 'sift' through to an extra page or two to find a thread you do like?! :eek:

Have any of these complainants noticed 'Active Topic Notification'? There's a link in every post for goodness sake!

Criminy!

However, I'm interested in what Falcon says. Why not? I for one would have no objection to a forum being set up for the exclusive purpose of social "groups" and games, that way all the people who don't like it could steer clear and not be inconvenienced(not that they are). I mean, I for one never visit the EU Forum. Why? 'Cos I'm not interested in reading about the EU, yet I have no objection to people discussing their chosen topic. A forum devoted to it is, in my mind, justified, even though I personally have no desire to visit it.

Same applies to any thread in any forum. You don't like it, people, don't click the link. Duh!

A lot of folk have expressed disatisfaction over the no. of threads devoted to LotR. Well, I could have told you a year ago that a) they'd be a lot of these threads here, and b) that there'd be folk complaining. In fact, that's why, at about the time TTT was released in Theatres, and we had a temporary forum set up specifically for the JC election game, I suggested that it might be worthwhile doingthe same for LotR, as a temporary measure. I PMd an admin about it to ask if it was a sensible idea or a ridiculous one.

I'll never know, because I never got a reply. But personally, I feel that if any subject or concept(whether it be groups and games, or a cultural phenomon that's captured a large percentage of the global user populace's zeitgeist) shows sufficient endorsement and patronage to warrant a hefty amount of discussion, and an equal amount of backlash, then a forum devoted to it seems applicable, so as to seperate devotees and bashers...

...of whatever the topic, purpose or concept may be.

That's my thought, but I see no logical reason why anyone should complain about any thread on these boards unless its purpose is to offend, abuse or mislead any user who potentially might read it, and groups and games can hardly be said to do so, unless they are discriminatory or defamatory.

19. TadjiStation

TadjiStation Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    No - it's too much fun the way it is!

:)

20. darkknight_152002

darkknight_152002 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    I voted no because group threads and games make the JC Forums a better community. The only thing I believe that we should do is keep a directory of major fan clubs and discussion threads.

Wait, they do keep a record of fan clubs in the SW Community.

Game threads are also in abundance, and the Roleplaying board is a fun place for games.

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It doesn't matter to me.

22. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    NO!

I would like to know what idiot(Sorry) came up with the 'no games and groups' idea.

What do they want on there? More threads on sex? [face_plain]

The only thing the YJCC needs is a little less talk on sex.

The rest of it is great. The clubs give it life!

BYS, LS, DS, JCHE*. Great stuff! :D

*Jedi Council Homeschool Empire ;)

23. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    It doesn't really matter to me

24. SmugglerAnnaMasak

SmugglerAnnaMasak Jedi Master star 1

Feb 13, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.