main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Should they consider banning open container laws

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Mar 21, 2014.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    My city I live in Albany, NY is considering banning or not permitting open container laws for future outdoor events. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/54713235/...ers-alcohol-laws-outside-events/#.UyxHXZrD_mI

Now in the spring we have Tulip Fest, lark fest, and a few other outdoor festivals. Of course they can not touch fourth of July events cause the state has a huge outdoor festival at the empire state plaza.
    The mayor wants more families at these events and claims that families don't come because the excessive amounts of drunks and outdoor drinking. We are a blue state. We just allowed alcohol sales at any time. But open container laws were always allowed cause it meant more people to come to the events. So I ask, should they allow open container permits or not? Oh and we have five people arrested for drunkenness during saint paddies day. 5, that's pretty good for St Paddies day on a cold day like we had. Less families come to St Paddies day when its really cold. The warmer the more families.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Yes, these laws should be banned. By law.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    No. The food goes bad more quickly if you leave the container open.

4. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    beezel you must realized that you're beyond self-parody at this point