main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should we do something??

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I was just over at the FanForce Chapter Reps - Private Board and there was a new topic asking all the reps what they were up to (events, meetings, parties etc) and what makes their chapter unique.

The answers by most of the chapters kind of put us to shame. They are organsing charity events, nights out, DVD release parties, cinema sessions and one has even adopted a highway!!!

I thought about what I would put as an answer for the Welsh chapter. All I could think was that we have a script in development that could be made into a movie one day. That's pretty weak to say the least.

So I guess my question is this. If I were to arrange cinema meetings, nights out etc, who would be interested?

As far as I know there has only ever been one meet up, and that was between just myself and Fall-on-Jin. I know we're not a big chapter, but if enough of us pull together and commit to something then perhaps we can get the ball rolling and get more people involved, ecspecially as we are coming up to episode 3 and the DVD release. There's going to be a lot more interest soon and we need to start making plans and getting things in motion.

However there's not much point doing this if it's just going to be myself and Fall-on-Jin turning up.

So who here is interested? And if you are interested, what are you interested in?

I need some input here people!

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    If your gona go see ep3 I might as well join you, where were you thinking of seeing it? Also I dont think going on the opening night would be a good idea, to many people wearing costumes. :p

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Don't you just hate those people.

*pushes full Anakin costume (including cape and hair braid) back in the closet*

Uhhh, it's my mothers!

4. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Of course it is. [face_mischief] :p

5. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    At the moment, I'm getting ready for college, but in a few weeks i'll be able to go to cardiff free of charge (you gotta love free bus-passes).

I've run into a slight problem with the scripts, I've had to spend £200 on new bits to get my computer fixed, and involved in that was a drive formatting :( (which also means i lost those pitches, i'll have to do them again, but i'm a bit gutted because i don't know if ill be able to remember it all)

As for episode 3... I don't think The British public who don't have "connections" will be able to get tickets to the London Premier, so what about a Cardiff meet-up gig? The UGC there is pretty impressive... or what about the bristol IMAX? That Would be awesome!

Hmmm... this has got me thinking. Perhaps we could all go see a movie thats out a bit sooner than may next year? It would be a good chance for us guys to meet up, methinks.

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    :_|

Formated drive and no back up make Welshguy go something something.

Go crazy?

Don't mind if I do..... 8-}

Oh well, I guess i'll get working on it anyway and we can try and fit in the pitches you did afterwards.

I think a meetup for ep 3 is a must but I don't think IMAX do screenings until the movie has been out for a long while, so if we want to see it near to the release date another cinema might be in order. UCG in Cardiff sounds pretty good to me. What could we go and see that is out this year?

Does anyone have any idea if any big movies are coming out, the kind that would be condusive to a FF meet-up?

I wouldn't mind going to see Constatine, but thats not out till March. What about something like Hellboy or Without a Paddle. Saw the trailer for "Paddle" and it looks funny as hell.

7. Master_Qel_Droma

Master_Qel_Droma Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Welshguy: One question, what were you doing in your mothers closet?

As for a meet up, i take it most of us will be seeing episode 3 with friends or family, however if they do show it at the imax in bristol a couple of months later i think a trip could easily be arranged.

However before that we could have a meet up in Cardiff, do there still run the comic convention in cardiff (havent been to one for several years)

and is anybody else planning on getting Star Wars: Battlefront? We could arrange to play a few games of this over a weekend, im sure i could disconnect myself from galaxies for a few hours!!!

8. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Don't you just hate those people.

*pushes full Anakin costume (including cape and hair braid) back in the closet*

[face_laugh]

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Just to clear things up, the only reason I was hanging around my mothers closet was because I was airing it out. Rumors of a Norman Bates style comlex have been grately exagerated!

By the way, if ever we have a meet up you can all comes back to mine. I own a nice quiet motel that is just dying to be used. The beds are murderously comfy, the rates have been slashed repeatedly and the room service is so good, you will bleed to death in a screaming orgy of pain and violence....

Uhh, it's a good motel.

Not to sure about conventions in Cardiff, if anyone lives local to that area, then perhaps they can find out?

I'm thinking that for our first proper meetup, we should meet somewhere public and safe. Thats not to say that I don't trust anyone here, but i'm sure some of our younger posters would prefer that set up.

A movie and a meal in Cardiff sounds like the best bet to me. Any input on what movie people would like to see or when will be welcome.

10. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    A movie and a meal in Cardiff sounds like the best bet to me.

Sounds good to.

11. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Count Me in. I've almost finished the scripts (again), I'll email them the second i finish.

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, so a movie sounds like the best option. I'm going to go off and have a look at future releases in the near future that we might want to go and see, but if anyone has any particular movie that they are looking forward to, let me know.

13. The_Battle_For_Endor

The_Battle_For_Endor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2004
    I'm from Cardiff.

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    The Battle for Endor: Excellent! Its nice to see some new faces around here. I had a quick look at your bio and noted that you seem to be heavily involved with the fanfilm side of business.

Take a look at our work in development, hopefully you will join our ranks and we can get something really professional going.

Any input and suggestions will be very welcome.

Also, if we were to have a meet up in Cardiff to see a movie and have a meal, would you be interested in attending?

We're a pretty harmless bunch, excpet Fall-on-Jin who has issues with his dentist (say no more!).

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Possible movies we could see.

Hero: Released 24th September.

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow: Released 1st October.

Without a Paddle: Released 8th October.

Alien Vs Preditor: Released 22nd October.

The Incredibles: Released 26th November.

Anything sound good to anyone here?

16. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    I would be intrested in Alien V Predator or the incredibles.

and if we do meet up in Cardiff and go to the UGC we can meet in the Springbok pub next door first, a quick pint for the over 18's and a coke for the under 18's!

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sounds like the begining of a plan to me.

Anyone else want to lend their opinion on what movie we should see?

18. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    i would not mine going and seeing Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow as the advirts look cool sorry about spelling

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Given a choice, that's the movie that I would like to go and see also.

Anyone else got any input into this?

I know your out there, you can't hide forever.

20. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    Sky captain would be good, is there any advance showing?

21. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, good. Now we're starting to get somewhere.

So far Sky Captain looks like the popular choice, and a good one at that. From what i've heard its supposed to be pretty amazing. The opening scene with the giant robots is supposed to blow you away!!

Ok, if the movie is out on the 1st, I recommend seeing it either on 2nd or 16th (9th not being good for one our our number).

If we go to see it on the 2nd, pre booking may be in order as it could sell out.

22. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    The 2nd sounds good, can everyone go then?

23. WelshDrivaaar

WelshDrivaaar Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2004
    You guys give me a time and a place and a date and I'll show up - sound cool?

24. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Just a tip, fellow Wesh SW fans:

The Incredibles: Released 26th November.

Probably the most ideal film for you to see, there is something special during the trailers for you. ;) *cough* Episode III trailer *cough*

25. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Anyone here watch "The Mighty Boosh"? Was on over here for a few weeks then they pulled it. Very different lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.