main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Show Off Your Collection! (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Was Going To Cele2020 Instead I Got This Forum' started by LAJ_FETT , Jun 16, 2020.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Part of the fun of a Celebration is hitting the vendor area. Unfortunately we can't do that this year so show us your photos of previous purchases!

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok, certainly not the biggest collection around, but it takes up a good deal of my home....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my X Wing via sub space

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There are some old pics at the link in my signature. Unlike Adalia's, my collection hasn't proceeded to the ceiling stage yet.

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yet.

I found more on top of somewhere I go every day but haven taken for granted its there, but haven't got photos......yet. ;)

5. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    That is one serious collection @Adalia-Durron

I'm not ready for a room like that yet. I have the SW collection to fill the room, but alas, not the room.

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey, married 30 years, had to wait for a child to leave home! :p Truth is it's spread through the whole house. The only rooms its not in are the toilets! Even got SW Bubble bath stuff in the bathrooms! Even got car smellie things in the shape of R2 so My X WING has an R2 Unit :p

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I have at least one SW item in each room of my two bedroom flat. The bathroom has Vader and Jango shampoo/shower gel (not sure which) and the kitchen has a couple of small Jango and Boba figures on display and some of the old BK Star Wars glasses in a cupboard.

8. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    You actually have real SW things/collectibles! Amazing! I only have a Star Wars Return of the Jedi reprint poster on my wall.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got an original theater poster from 1977 (had a projectionist friend who snagged it when it left his cinema) and a first edition of the paperback novel from 1976. Those are the oldest collectibles I have. Most of my collection is based around the Fetts and Slave I but i have some other items that I liked and bought.

Adalia-Durron and Sadie Erso like this.
  10. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    I have the some original hardbacks of Legends books. And the paperback FIRST edition of the Original Trilogy Collection book.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Being a novel collector I know that the first edition of the original trillogy is pretty rare.

Sadie Erso and Adalia-Durron like this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have some of them in hard cover, not all. Would love to see a photo of them!

I have that novel too, its so well worn, hardly a collectable! :p And Splinter of the Minds Eye, same condition! :p

Sadie Erso likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My copies of those aren't in great shape either. The original pb novel of the film was on the shelf for years til I realized it was a first edition. Both it and Splinter are in comic bags now.
    There was a hardcover edition of the original novel but it is quite rare as not many were printed. (Note - this hardcover is not the SF Book Club one - that's a different beast altogether).

Sadie Erso and Adalia-Durron like this.
  14. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    I think I have about 6 hardback books. The cover-art is so beautiful.

15. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I do have several SW things... several books (novels & non-fiction), drinking glasses in the cupboards, coffee mugs (also in the cupboards), several fridge magnets (oh maybe I can take a photo of those -- but several are not on my fridge now...). I have some of the Celebration magnets. A logo magnet for Anaheim 2020 is the only item I would be missing (based on my pre-order). I have the FIRST edition vinyl soundtrack record for Star Wars (it's two records). I have CDs, DVDs, VHS & Blu-ray discs. I have the 30th anniversary artwork from Joe Corroney, which I put in a nice frame, but still not on my wall. Thing is, I went through two disasters and I haven't yet recovered. A fire in 2016 (I had water damage - for SW stuff, it was the Celebration programs, which I bought again on eBay). Then, there was a tornado in September 2018. I must have mentioned it before. It had me move away for 15 months!! Most of my furniture was damaged by the moving company and most of my SW stuff is still in boxes. I even have a few action figures (I'm not much into those, but I bought them at previous Celebrations! LOL). My first Celebration was Los Angeles in 2007. I was so excited to be there, I bought too many things without thinking twice about it. So much so that I had to get things shipped to my home from L.A. (I think shipping fees aren't a good use for my money - I try to be more careful now).

EDIT: I've got LOTS of SW T-shirts!!! And I keep buying them. LOL

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Sadie Erso likes this.
  16. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    We have a bedroom filled with Star Wars things,closet too, no one but me and my husband are allowed in it. it's a small room so things are in boxes , tubes(posters) and plastic crates. things from each Cele. are in their own crates, I also have original '77 comics in covers. The most controversial piece is an original black market recording taken in '77 at a theater. it's a cassette tape and still sounds good. I paid $5 for it in "78 in L.A. at a small con. I don't have room to spread everything out, but my collection is not as large as Adalias, excellent collection and exhibit!

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Where are the pictures?!?!? Am I the only brave one here? :p

Sadie Erso and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  18. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Uhg! I would not have room in our little place for all my stuff to set out, I'll try to take a picture of the whole room and closet that is full of goodies!

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Same here, especially the books. I have all of the adult novels and a fair few of the YA ones.

20. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
  21. Jedi_Five

Jul 23, 2010
    Wow! I like what you did with your lanyards (in the second photo). Mine are in boxes, I stumbled upon Orlando 2017 the other day, and trying to put them together. Along with badges from other cons.
    The way you displayed your autographs in the last photo - awesome! It made it look like the ceiling was made just for them! (my autographs are in a Celebration IV binder).

EDIT: Adalia: Your collection is amazing!! My collection is really small compared to yours. Pretty much everything is still in boxes and I wouldn't have the space to spread it out much. My apartment is only one bedroom (well, one bedroom, kitchen and living room - oh and bathroom!)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Love the Patches and Lanyards!! My lanyards are hanging on the bed head, can't see them. Patches are all on my X Wing Jacket. So many signed images! Amazing! [face_love]

23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Room is a mess right now because I'm doing some reorganizing but here is some of my collection:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Jedi_Five

Jul 23, 2010
    Nice collection, cool display! =P~
    The Force is strong! :vader:

cubman987 likes this.
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wonderful collection, and your own room for it too! EPIC!

Sadie Erso and cubman987 like this.