main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Shows

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phntmns

Phntmns Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2003
    As far as the new Battlestar goes, I liked the story, but the ship itself, well, they should have used the old ship. The new vipers rock though!

I got the old Battlestar series on DVD for my birthday a few months ago. It's been great getting to catch up on the old series now that the new one is in production... It will be interesting to compare the two story lines...has anyone else been watching the old series???

2. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    The only good thing coming out of the Angel cancelation is that they are getting a good chunk of time to scribe a ending which is often not afforded to canceled shows, (ALF, Battlestar Galactica and the Orig. Star Trek to name a few- odd mostly sci-fi shows) Joss kinda had a feeling this would be the last season so he has been working on a ending- it doesn't seem it will be a definitive one- but will tie up loose endings and leave future TV movies to continue the story- which is something the WB has given the show. I wonder if the Shanshu prophecy will be fulfilled and by which vamp? Spike or Angel? This weeks show looks way funny!!!!
    Oh Brandon- I think Drew is way hot- it actually made me cringe how rough you were on her. I gather a girl has to be model pretty to be noticed by you?

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    No, not at all. In fact, I prefer "cute" to "model pretty." See, there are all different kinds of scales: hot, pretty, cute, gorgeous, etc. (the list can be as long as you want it). Now, assuming each scale is rated 1 - 10, a girl might be a 6 on the gorgeous scale, a 4 on the cute scale, a 9 on the hot scale, etc. Out of all those scales, though, my favorite is cute (though, obviously, all are important).

Drew, though, is not even on one of those scales. She, sadly, falls into the Other Scales, those being: ugly, disgusting, fat, repulsive, etc.

I suppose the only "good" out of this is that if Drew ever shows up at our meetings, in no way will I get in your way in trying anything you wish to try with her. I'll feel sorry for you, but if you're happy, then, well, "Do The Drew."

Brandon

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I think Drew's cute. Not insanely gorgeous or anything, but she's pretty and seems like a genuinely nice and fun person.

L8r

5. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    See, to me, she seems like an ex-druggie-hippie-freak-of-nature-Darwinian-nightmare-that-cannot-act-is-fat-with-bad-hair-and-should-only-be-known-for-E.T.-and-Scream type of girl. Oh, wait, probably current druggie.

Will *anyone* back me up on Drew? Hm, if Drew backed up on me, I'd be killed...

Okay, that was a bad one, not at all funny.

Brandon

6. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I don't like to trash other females because then it just seems like I'm being catty but what the heck, meow!!
    I think Drew is plain, not at all attractive and needs a personality transplant. Druggie, definately and sheltered from reality like most child stars. I can continue but I have better things to do with my time than to comment on Drew Barrymore, like clean the lint filter of my dryer. Maybe I can make a giant lint ball and bat it around. Fun! prrrrrr.....

Melanie

7. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Poor Drew. I wonder what Drew would say about you Brandon? Thats why I don't try to judge people by appearances- save myself- its hard enough looking in the mirror to shave. But... in your terms for such a hideous wretch she sure has made it far in a atmosphere that places youth and beauty above all else- I wonder how she did that? I know there are exceptions- but the girl is featured in all sorts of magazines in various picture spreads.

8. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I could care less what she thinks of me. I'm a nobody, but she, being in the public eye, is going to be judged, and she should be. She managed to get into all those magazines and photo shoots because there *are* people that find her attractive, which, to me, is just sad. I know full well that everyone has different opinions on what is or is not attractive, and we all have a handful of those people that we find attractive that no one else ever would (for example, I feel alone when I say I think Anne Heche is cuter than cuter (in her close-cropped hair days (see Psycho, Return to Paradise, or Six Days, Seven Nights for examples).

The only thing about Drew, though, is that usually I can somewhat understand what people see in others, even if I personally dislike them. Drew, however, is another story. To me she is absolutely revolting and should be shot.

She is rich, though, so that is cool...

Brandon

9. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I can understand Drew not being somebody's cup of tea, and it's not like I'm all gaga over her, but I don't see how she inspire so much loathing from you, Brandon. She's just a girl. There are many females less attractive than her and there are many females more attractive than her. To each his own, I guess. I just don't see the big deal, one way or the other.

L8r

10. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I saw 50 First Dates and Drew is sooo hot in that movie. Hey Brandon I thing Anne Heche is hot too. Well Drew rocks. I am glad she isn't married to Tom Green- I wonder if she is still single- maybe I can marry her.

11. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Tom Green was too good for her. Seriously.

Brandon

12. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Hey, anyone watch Scrubs this week? How about Superman or anything else interesting? Yes, this is my very obvious way of changing the subject.

Melanie

13. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, I can't say Drew is hot, because she's not. She's not repulsive though. All I think of when I see her is the E! special or whatever with pictures of her at age like 10 looking like she had banged the bong WAY TOO MUCH. Either way, she sucks as an actress. If anyone here has ANY acting background, I'm sure you will agree. Most of the time she tries to be deep but it just does not cut it.

The other day I watched Donnie Darko with my aunt and I was once again reminded how bad of an actress she is...CELLAR DOOR

14. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    While I am about to comment on Donnie Darko, I would also like this to *not* turn into a Donnie Darko thread. The film is great, no doubt, but to be honest, I am upset that just now, or in the past year or so, it is being 'discovered' by everyone, and Frank the Bunny is no a popular costume, etc. I was one of those that saw it in the theater upon initial release, then it became a cult classic (classic in such a short time!), and now it is actually, gasp, popular.

On top of that, there are about, hm, ten films or so that I think only certain people should be allowed to watch simply because most will never grasp them, understand them, or appreciate them. Donnie Darko is one of them. That is not directed at anyone in particular, not at all, but just a general comment towards "the world." I am glad I had the chance to show it to two different people who had not seen it, and they loved it, and "got" it. I have other friends where, sadly, I simply would not show it to them even if they asked. It is rare that I feel that way about a movie, but this is one of them.

Now, my comment: Drew was a joke in it, but, I believe, she was one of the executive producers, so she pretty much got to say who did what. She, literally, is the only weak aspect of the film. on the other hand, Patrick Swayze stole the entire movie. He completely nails it at the end where he shows us, the viewer, that he hates what he does and wishes he could stop. Outstanding. And, from what I understand, he has a cameo in "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights." =)

Brandon

15. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I think my new favorite actress is Drew Barrymore at the beckoning call of all who crucify here in this forum. To bad she isn't Jewish so I could call you guys anti-semites since thats the in thing now-a-days-but her godfather is Spielberg. Since Tom Green was too good for her in Brandon's logic I would be just right. I wanna roll in that Charlie's Angels money!

16. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Did anybody see the ILM R2 battlebot show?

17. Phntmns

Phntmns Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2003
    Okay, lets show some age here. Does ANYONE remember the show in the 70s called "The Night Stalker"? Karl Kolchack? It's supposed to be coming to DVD! Has anyone else heard this??

18. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Sounds familiar, but I'm certain I've never seen it. I'd check IMDb.com for info, and DVDPriceSearch.com for a good deal if it's coming to DVD. -Campbell

19. Phntmns

Phntmns Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2003
    Has anyone seen the latest on the Sci-Fi channel called "Tripping The Rift"?

Thursday nights @ 10:30 if you haven't seen it. Pretty funny stuff....

20. jedidc

jedidc Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    I watched this show last night and thought it was really funny. When he said, "Revenge of the Butt Pirates," I almost lost it I was laughing so hard.

21. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Wonderfalls is canceled!!!

GAH!!!

I mean seriously! Why do I even bother to watch television anymore if everything I like is going to get canceled after a few episodes? It really sucks to invest in a show that will not meet a proper conclusion. A cancelation after the season ends, while a bummer, would at least have afforded me the opportunity to have some closure in the deal. This way I fall in love and then the show gets hit by a bus and splattered all over my face while some jerkwad with a video camera yanks my pants down and laughs.

Fox didn't give this show a real shot. Sure, they moved it to Thursdays (thank god), but they didn't really sell the move. I'm not sure anyone who didn't stick around for the end credits of Wonderfalls last week would even had known about the move to Thursdays.

There seems to be two halves to the Fox network. On the one side, there's the creative execs who find these wonderful shows and make deals to get them on air. On the other side, there are these cucumber sucking brainless execs who seem to do nothing but sabotage any new non-reality show that comes their way. Whoever is running Fox Television needs to figure out a way to bring these two halves together. That way, either they'll start giving quality shows a fighting chance or they'll just start airing crap and I can ignore the network completely.

Frelling A!

:(

L8r

P.S. I know this show has never been discussed here before, and I'd really try to sell people on it but there doesn't seem to be much of a point anymore, so ignore my rant. I just had to get that off my chest.

Grrr.

22. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Well, the only good thing that might possibly come out of it is that the creator, Bryan Fuller, might now head back to "Dead Like Me" on Showtime. "Wonderfalls" was good, but after only three (four?) episodes, it just was not enough for me to LOVE it. Like it, yes, and I am upset it is cancelled, but it is not a major loss. Had it gone for an entire season, that, to me, might be worse.

"Dead Like Me" suffered after Fuller left to work on "Wonderfalls," and that is a shame. Don't get me wrong, it never lost its luster, always stayed great, well worth watching, but something was just missing. I do really hope he heads back there now to head it up again.

Brandon

23. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Angel was probably the only show I waited around for to watch everyweek, so it's a bummer that it's going off. I just always liked the way they interacted with one another, and Cordy's character developed so much over the years, it was just plain refreshing. I think Ms. Carpenter is way underated as an actress.

Drew, ummm, I don't find her attractive either, but who knows, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Yes, I remember The Night Stalker. That and Kung Fu were shows I watched every week growing up. I won't go out and get the DVDs, but they were fun watching growing up. And then came trash tv for the most part. Charmed is not my cup of tea. Never had time to get into Enterprise and Voyager I never got to see the last 2 seasons because the ultra Bible thumpers where we used to live decided the WB and UPN had to go (and right in the middle of 4th season of Buffy). Thank goodness we got to move down here.

jedigirl99

24. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    While beauty might be in the eye (eyes?) of the beholder, I'd ask you to remember that some people have bad vision...

I never cared for "Angel," but many people did, people whose opinions I respect (which is rare), so because of that, I was sad to hear it was going to go.

To be honest, though, I have only been upset about a few shows over the years that were cancelled. Off the top of my head "The Invisible Man," "Twin Peaks," "Boston Public," "Girls Club" (yes, for real, shut up), "Crusade," the "Babylon 5" spin-off, "Futurama," and up until the last season, "Ally McBeal." The final season, well, most of it, was a complete joke, dreadful stuff, the final episode was one of the worst final episodes of all time.

I am against most, though, when it comes to "Farscape." People tend to believe that I did not like the series because I was not upset that it was taken off the air, but that is so far from the truth as to enter the realm of stupidity. I *loved* the show, looked forward to it every single week, considered it one of the best programs on television. Oddly, though, I liked the ending, I thought it fit the show. It was just kind of over. While I will, of course, watch any follow up series or mini-series, I do not believe it needs one. If there is one, I would hope, and this will not happen, John and Aeryn are not in it (their fate is perfect). Still, the Earth episodes severly injured the show, and those are almost unforgivable.

I wish "Lexx" would have continued, but everyone has said, from the cast to the creators, that it was meant to end when it did, much like "Babylon 5." The Earth bound episodes in that, however, WORKED. Go figure.

Brandon

25. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    You know when I was a kid, with hardly anything to do, I watched tv. I mean you could only pay war for so long, same with the sandlot baseball, football, basketball. I enjoyed watching tv while growing up. Now I find it hard to watch an episode, let alone an entire season.

Dont you guys have better things to do then sit around and watch tv all day? I mean come on, go to the gym, walk around the mall, get up and do something and stop being so lazy. I might watch an hour of tv per night, and thats a maybe. Weekends are a little different becasue Im off of work, but the time I do watch tv I try to watch some of the news and catch up on things. I go out to the gym, tanning if I dont get out in the sun that day, just walking around outside is fun, anything to get the blood flowing and get some kind of exercise. Maybe we need to walk around downtown a little bit before we end up at the globe next time. The paint invite looks like fun, but I bet no one from here has the energy to get up and do it, maybe one or two at the most. Spending 13 years in the military, I just cant stand sitting around and doing nothing. I gotta be active, I gotta be doing things.

Its so funny when I catch up on posts on this board to see people whinning over tv shows getting canceled. Who cares, get a life, get out and do something. No fun being a couch potato all your life. So much to do and see, but so little time.

Speaking of, Im off to the gym. Cant stay in shape sitting around all day. We are by far the laziest country in the world. I know because Ive been to about 15 other countries, where they aren't as lucky as the good ole USA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.