main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Shows

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I don't watch that much television. It's not like I'm home all day sitting in front of the boob tube. But I do like to relax a little before going to bed, so I'll usually try to watch a show or two. Lately, that's been harder to do 'cause there's just nothing of interest on television anymore, and the shows that do interest me seem to get terminated after a few eps.

Yes, I should get out and be active more, but time is a factor and between work and school my only free time seems to be late at night and there's not much of it. I read books, write stuff, dabble on the computer. The TV is off more than it is on. I also don't have a lot of money, so it's hard to go see movies, etc. so when it comes time for a little visual entertainment I resort to television. Again, I'm finding that harder to do and I'll usually end up reading a book (which isn't a bad thing).

I haven't watched more than than maybe 8 hours of television in a week since like ten years ago.

As far as me being upset about a show being canceled, television, like cinema and literature, does have the potential to inspire you and make you care. I was really digging this show, the world they created, the characters that resided there, the questions about faith, fate, and life it was exploring. This show was about something, and it got killed before it had the chance to flourish. Everybody loves Raymond but no one seems to give a damn about quality programming anymore.

L8r

2. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Dont have enough money to do things? It doesnt take money to walk around the park, or Lake Eola does it? It doesnt take money to walk around City Walk and see what they have going on, or Downtown Disney. Who says you gotta buy all this stuff and spend money when you go out? I went downtown last Saturday night and just walked around. Seen some friend, went into a few of the bars that were free. Didnt drink anything, so therefore I didnt spend any money. Saying you dont have much money or time is just an excuse. I get up at 630 Mon thru Fri, go to work and get home around 4-430. I relax for an hour or two, by reading my mail, email and doing a few things around the house. Then hit the tanning bed and the gym, and Im back home by 930-1000. Check my email again make a few posts and Im in bed by 12-1230, just to get back up and do it all over again the next day. My weekends are a little more exciting, because of not working on the weekends, I do things like go to the beach, go to the pool at a friends apartment, or hotel. Ive even went bowling a few times, and checked out a movie. Saying that you have no time or money is like saying you had to much much doing something. You can never have too much fun, Life is what you make out of it. You sit home all day and watch tv, or get on the computer, or read books, youre just letting life pass you by. And anyways there always someone who knows someone who can get people in free at the parks and other events. Maybe thats why they are canceling all these tv shows, so people will get off their lazy butts and get out and do things.

3. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    The only show I watched on any basis was Angel, aside from the occassional weather channel, "let's see if rain is coming".... blah blah. I work out everyday and watch what I eat. Walk around 7 miles a day. Maybe I sit for like, 20 mins out of the day. ;-p. Otherwise, if I am not picking up after the kids (3 boys) I am picking up after the hubby. Can that be politically correct?

jedigirl99

4. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    One of these days I am going to have to check out Lake Eola. In Orlando, right? I usually go to Lake Toho in St. Cloud. Nice walk. Also, I visited a the Leu Gardens in Orlando a couple of weeks ago, as I love horticulture and was amazed at the bargain. Dirt cheap compared to what I used to spend just to get into Maclay State Park up in Tally and much nicer too. Great way to spend a morning or afternoon. As for the beach, I am a St. George Island girl, so it's kind of hard for me to get used to the beaches of central and south Florida. Just picky about that one.

jedigirl99

5. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Dale,

We obviously lead very different lives and I don't see how one is better than the other. We each have our priorities and we work to meet them. Getting out and walking around a lake 30 minutes from my house isn't a priority to me, but balancing my need for money against completing my school work and honing my craft is. I know I need to exercise, but that's not the same as needing to get out of the house to do stuff. I'm not a stuff kind of guy. I'm okay staying around the house most of the time. I've got a big list of things I need to accomplish and it's not gonna get done if I'm never home.

To each his own.

L8r

6. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Yeah to each their own. Excuses, excuses, money is important to me, and honing my craftsman skill is very imporant to me also. I make time for the other things, because I dont like sitting around reading, or watching tv. I could easily sit around and be LAZY and not do anything, but I dont. I love my life, and the things in it and I choose not to be lazy. Bottom line just because a tv show gets canceled doesnt mean life is going to end. Grow up, get off your lazy ass and enjoy life.

Dale

7. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    You know what, Dale? I never said my life was over 'cause this show was canceled. It was a show I liked a lot, one of the few I actually made time to watch, and all I did was lament the fact that it was canceled. How you take that to mean all I do is sit around and do nothing every day is beyond me.

You don't know me. You don't know what I do everyday and just because I'm not out there walking around lakes or going to the gym doesn't mean I'm not living my life. I'm not lazy because I don't spend the majority of my free time outside of my house. I don't have a lot of free time between my work and school responsibilities. Lazy is not doing anything with my time and that's the furthest thing from the truth. I'm juggling so many balls right now it's not even funny.

Excuse me for not living your life. Before this conversation I thought you were a cool guy but now I'm thinking you're just arrogant. I really wanted this Fan Force thing to work because I do get out so little and I thought this would be a good way to meet new people and get out more, but I'm going to have to rethink that if this is going to continue to be a problem.

Quit insulting me. I've done nothing to deserve it.

L8r

8. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Did I hurt your feeling? Boo hoo hoo, Im crying for you. Why dont you just sit around and watch more tv. Im sick of hearing about upset people are becasue of a show getting canceled. I guess youre taking things a little to heart huh? Truth hurts? Youre right I dont know you, and fyi and Im pretty damn glad I dont. You just sit there coming up with excuses as to why you dont do things, and I was letting you know that you dont need money to do things. Thats being lazy, and if youre feeling are hurt then Im sorry, wait no Im not. I might be arrogant, but Ive put myself in a position to where I can be like that. I have a ton of stuff going on in my life right now, but I make time to get out exercise and do fun things, instead of sitting on my ass watching tv. Ive spent a lot of time in the military and Ive saved a bunch of lives, and Ive changed a bunch of lives, and when I die some day people are gonna remember some of the things Ive done. Bet you cant say that now can you? Didnt think so. You know what they say right? if the shoe fits....

9. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I miss Karen Sisco.

I'm less active than I'd prefer and actually watch more TV (DVDs) a week than Mike says he watches. I don't have cable so I don't see a lot of series television. I try to catch Scrubs, Smallville, and Clone Wars these days, if I can manage it. I personally think we need to bring this thread a bit more back to shows we like, or Star Wars references on any show. The only TV advice I believe and recommend is to watch what you like or really think you'll like. Too many of us sit in front of a TV and watch to watch. The reason I like recorded media so much is that I like to study movies, mostly, and am able to watch something I really want to see, as opposed to a People's Court spinoff, or anything starring Kim Fields.

That said, I'm going for a walk.

10. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    That's why I love TIVO. When I get off work, I eat dinner, go work out for about an hour & a half to 2 hours and sometimes tan. I then walk around my neighborhood at night before bed just to relax. If I'm not doing that I'm hanging out with friends, going to the movies or if weather is bad I go to our local Target or mall.
    When I have time, I catch up on my favorite programs and I do have quite a few favorites but watch them on my own time table.
    I'm very interested in the paint ball event and have put that on my calendar, so if anyone else goes, I'll see you there. If not, I'll be meeting some new people and that should be fun as well.
    On a separate note, I saw HellBoy yesterday with a friend and must say that was an interesting movie.
    In addition, I also went to BJ's and have some of the prices, which I'll be bringing with me next Saturday. Well, talk to you all later. Melanie

11. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I thought this was a thread about cool shows, not about the lamenting of cancelled shows or who watches more television?

12. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    I guess it can be whatever it wants to be!!!
    YEAH There will be a Farscape mini-series called Peacekeeper Wars at the end of the year!!!!

13. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Being the kind and understanding person that I am, I think I am going to weigh in on this topic. I do not claim to speak for anyone here, so if I state something that is not true about another person's posts, please do just say so.

First, this reminds me of my English grammar post, in that, for some reason, it became grately misunderstood.

Note: I completely banged up my left ring finger today, so my typing is probably going to suffer because it is now bandaged up. Please do forgive me.

If you go back and re-read Dale's initial post, he in no way, shape, or form makes fun or insults anyone here, at least by name. He was making a statement about his feelings concerning this countries growing laziness.

Sadly, and again this goes back to my English post, it appears that any type of negative comment made is "bad" nowadays. Not just in life, but also online, you "have" to be kind and understanding and have a "Star Trek" type of live-and-let-live type of mentality. I'd say at least 95% of the people on every type of board are the types that are afraid to voice their true feelings and opinions on certain things. This disgusts me.

Those that know me personally, mainly Stefanie, but I have also spoken to Campbell, Dale, and Melanie, know that I am not this way.

This is a "Star Wars" forum, but it seems as if everyone thinks we should be on the Jedi side, the understanding Obi-Wan and Luke and Yoda. Well, the so-called Dark Side is presented in the films, too, and there are those of us that would, if it WAS real, much rather join them than the hippie-like Jedi.

Anyway, back to my point. Again, re-read Dale's post. He says nothing about anyone here in particular. However, some respond, he responds, and then it grows and grows. I'd ask people who were offended by the English grammar post to go back and re-read it, too. Not once, not ever, did I mention anyone by name, and to be honest, I was not even thinking of anyone, no one at all. That did not stop some people from taking it personally. Which, of course, is fine. I did not mean it that way and, because of that, will not apologize for it, nor should I have to apologize for having an opinion.

Mike is right, we are all different, and we all live vastly different lives. Dale, too, is right. Most of us are lazy and could do more. If you get down to the nitty-gritty, Dale is actually showing concern for people, he is hoping that, maybe, just maybe, he can make a point and get people to get out and DO things. He did not say, "Hey, everyone, you NEED to look like me, have a six pack, work out daily, go on adventures, etc." He would just like it if more people in this country were in shape, fit.

I would love, and have been trying, to get rid of at least 15 pounds. It CAN be done, rather easily. Back in high school, not THAT long ago, I was in shape, tone. People that have seen my high school pictures can vouch for this. I did not have a gut, no fat on me. College ruined that, but, thankfully, I never became fat. I avoided that. I have a few extra pounds, a gut, but I am not at the point where I would call myself "fat." Last October when I took a trip to Italy and Greece for a month, I learned one thing: eat less and even just WALK AROUND, and you WILL get rid of some weight. I came back ten pounds lighter, no joke. I have sine regained most of it, and I hate that, but I am hoping that is going to go down again (in the past two weeks I have lost a whopping two pounds... whoopie).

Personally, I get up between 5:30am - 6:00am. I get home when I get home, but, during the day, I no longer eat lunch. I used to eat a meal from a fast food place daily. I have stopped and now only have one or two Power Bars and water. That's it. For dinner, though, I eat a little more, snack once or twice during the evening, and I also take my dogs for a walk. Only one person here has seen where I live, but to "go around the block" takes about an hour, maybe a little less, and I do that almost daily. Feels good.

When I was overseas, I literal

14. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, it seems to me, Brandon, that you have given into the light side by trying to break up the ensuing fight...hehehe I was enjoying it! ;) j/k

Well, being skinny, I cannot say that I do suffer from all of the complications of being overweight. Yet, I do suffer from not being "in shape." I know, I know, everyone is rolling their eyes right now. But seriously people, I have cellulite, I have stretch marks...believe or not, I DO!

I used to play soccer and work out. I simply just don't do it anymore. It is not good for me, and yes I may be skinny and don't consider myself fat but I recognize the fact that I am not muscular and have a bunch of "baby fat," I guess you could say.

It is all from watching tv and being glued to this thing. I am lazy, yet I hope to buff up for prom (prom dress is not fitting right...) Either way, being too skinny is not good either, you just look anorexic.

Dale, you ARE the buff bomb...

15. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    There was gonna be a fight???

16. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Psst, there's gonna be a rumble out at the midpoint of the canoe trip. On the river no one can hear you scream.

Anybody keeping up with Clone Wars? WOW.

17. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    PLEASE help!! Tivo wasn't working and I missed something. I watched this last episode and Gunn is in demon dimension. How did he get there? Did wolfram & hart put him there?
    Please scoop, WHAT HAPPENED?
    Oh, any news on Battlestar?
    Band of Brothers is on Tivo, trying to watch it when I have time, definately a good series of movies!

Melanie

18. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    The week before Angel, Spike, and Gunn went to break Lindsey out of a hell dimension where he was being tortured by the Senior Partners. The only way out was if someone stayed in his place, so Gunn stayed. He knew about that little detail before going on the mission and neglected to tell Angel or Spike. He felt so guilty about Fred that he decided to stay there and be tortured for eternity.

Anything else. :)

L8r

19. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Why the hell (pardon the pun) would they want to rescue Lindsey?

Melanie

20. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Angel wants to take down the Senior Partners and Eve (who was in hiding, of course) suggested they break him out since that was on his agenda anyway.

L8r

21. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    Didn't it have something to do with Lindsey knowing something about the Senior Partner's ultimate plan, or somewhere along that line? If I understood it, they wanted to rescue Lindsey because he is the only one who ultimately could help them outwit the Senior Partners. Gunn, I don't really miss since his character is the ultimate "I'm in it for me world" until the afterthought or after effects of his consequences. I know, I know, they all have this fault. :)

jedigirl99

22. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    You're just saying that since he's black.

23. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Thank you Jedigirl. I agree. Gunn definately has a macho attitude, it's all about him but doesn't that add to his appeal a little? Confidence?
    So, thank you for the recap. Sounded like a good episode but I'm sure it'll be rerun.
    Melanie

24. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Are you sure? The show is cancelled. The last ep that will air may very well be the finale. After all, the WB didn't show any Angel repeats after February sweeps.

L8r

25. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    It is definately cancelled. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.