main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Shrunken Jedi's Fan Art (Updated 7/27/09 Leia Sketch)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ShrunkenJedi, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **is still [face_laugh] over the Outlander Club piece**

Great stuff! I've been so remiss about commenting on your recent work, and wanted to take some time this morning, with an hour or so uninterrupted, to drop a few words! Luke and Anakin is a great piece--the emotion is the biggest draw for me with that one; and of course, this Outlander Club piece is just choice!! =D= The eyes on Obi Wan are just too great! [face_laugh][face_laugh] Keep on with the wonderful work!

FF

2. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    I can't say enough thanks for your encouragement, FF; you've been so wonderful about it! I completely understand about you being away. I already said this when you commented on them at dA, but I'm glad you like my Luke/Anakin and Outlander Club pieces so much :) [face_hug]

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    [face_laugh] Wonderful piece! Loven those 'crazy eyes'[face_laugh]

Sorry about not being around lately to comment o the work, but it looks great.

4. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Aw, thank you! [:D] I'm just glad you took a look in, and that you liked what you saw.

Everyone seems to like CrazyEyed! Obi for some reason, lol.

5. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Finally some new work-- I've been out of comission for a little while. :D

Luke inks

6. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Hi Shrunken Jedi,

You have some awesome stuff here, and such a unique style!~:D

Loved 'Jedi at the Outlander Club', Obi's expression is priceless! [face_laugh] 'Anakin's Schooling' was also terrific, he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else...

There's a nice variety in your art, some very funny pieces, and some emotional pieces - 'Would you be proud' brought tears to my eyes, so beautiful.

Can't wait to see more!:D

7. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Glitbiter: Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoy my style! Yes, I love making drawings with a lot of emotion-- whether that's funny or heartache. :D A lot of people seem to be liking my 'Jedi at the Outlander Club' :p [face_laugh], and I'm glad you liked 'Anakin's Schooling' and 'Would you be proud', even though they're not some of my technically best. As for more, there's usually more coming out, even though I've got a lot on my plate with finishing school I'm working on inking the Luke piece. :)

8. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I love the expression on Luke's face. It does a great job of capturing the goofy callow youth he was back on Tatooine.

I also can't believe I never thought of using Illustrator to ink. :oops:

9. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks, Forrest, :D Yeah, that was what I was trying to capture, glad to see it came through. And, yeah, Illustrator can be really helpful for inking, especially for someone like me whose hand isn't always the steadiest :p

10. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I've been using pens to ink, but Illustrator would definitely be preferable because my hands aren't the steadiest either. I can't count the times I've almost finished inking a drawing only to have the line end slightly off, but off enough that it changes the look of the image. :p

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ha! Love this mood! [face_laugh]=D= Master_Starwalker was certainly right about your having captured the "callow youth" thing--along with the unruly hair! Great job! :D

FF

12. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    M_S: Yeah, I know what you mean! Illustrator can do that too-- it's just a whole lot easier to make adjustments :p

FF: Hi! :D Thank you, thanks so much. [:D] Yeah, I love unruly hair :D

13. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    And here's those lines colored... I'm going to use it for the March fanart challenge :D

Cartoon Luke

14. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Exactly.

I really like the colored version. When I pictured it colored it didn't even occur to me that there would be atmospheric lighting, but I like how it turned out.

15. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Wow, love the purple! I've never thought of sunsets as being purple, but it really makes the piece stand out. His eyes and the highlights on his hair are gorgeous, and I love the look on his face - so goofy, so innocent [face_love] He reminds me of the Disney characters, I think it's wonderful :)

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I'll jump in with the "terrific coloring" on this piece, SJ! =D= The way you've done it is very dynamic, and gives it a wonderful energy--and it's so very much Luke from ANH! Cool highlighting, and good use of shadowing, too!

FF

17. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Glitbiter: Thank you! I enjoyed the hair highlights myself. :) Disney, huh? Well I guess a little bit. :p

FF: Thank you! [:D] I'm glad it seems to have a lot of energy :) And that it captures him and has good higlighting and shadow... that's all I could ask for! ;)

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That's cute!! Love the purple :D

~Nat

19. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks, NYCitygurl! I'm glad you like the purple. :D

20. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    *Finally* up and finished that Luke/Anakin/Obi-Wan piece that's been a work-in-progress for ages... :D

Luke, Anakin and Obi-Wan

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Geeee!! =D= Wonderful! I loved this when you started it, and I'm so glad you didn't abandon it completely--great job on the finish! The "layering" of the three of them feels so effortless, and the likenesses are very good--and I just love the idea of this! [face_love] A wonderful Skywalker family moment! **gets emotional** Well done!!

FF

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that's so sweet!!

~Nat

23. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    FF: Thank you for replying here too and I'm glad you like it so much, I couldn't say enough about your encouragement! Yes, I'm very happy with the likenesses and the composition, especially those taken directly from reference-- Obi-Wan and Luke. And I'm a lot happier with Anakin than I was, but then, he presented a number of problems stemming directly from the fact that we never see an Anakin like I envisioned him here :p I'm just so glad you enjoy it so much :) @};-

NYCitygurl: Aw, Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it. :)

24. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    you did a great job with this peice! it such a sweet scene!

25. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Hey, that looks fantastic! :D You got the likenesses spot on. I really like the composition in this one too.

And I agree with FF, it's a lovely, emotional moment between the three of them [face_love] Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.