main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Side by Side: The Angel & the Negotiator's Diaries(Re. Dear Diary Challenge:AU: IT) ANNOUNCEMENT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: Side by Side: The Angel & the Negotiator's Diaries
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Timeframe: Intertrilogy
    Genre: Drama, AU
    Summary: After Padme gives birth to the twins, she goes into hiding on Tatooine with Obi-wan and Luke. Leia is given to Bail for him and his wife to raise. They hope to one day bring Anakin back to the light side. Both keep a diary.
    Note: This is in response to the Dear Diary Challenge 2008, and hopefully I'll be able to update at least twice a month if not a couple times a week.

~~~~~~~~~

Exile: Day 1

I can hardly believe it has come to this. I sat in the co-pilot seat while Obi-wan? no, Ben Kenobi, I have to get used to calling him that? flipped the switch that would send us into hyperspace and to our new life in exile. Though Ben was very solicitous of my needs and feelings, I fear I was a bit rude. I turned from him and ran here to the quarters I share with my newborn son.

Even as I nurse Luke and stroke his sweet cheek, tears fall. I cannot look at him and not remember I left behind his twin, Leia. I know Bail and his wife will take good care of her, yet my heart aches. I feel as though I abandoned her. Perhaps if I could believe in the wisdom and logic Master Yoda used when he said the twins would be safer parted, then I wouldn?t feel this way. Master Kenobi says we will be able to hide on Tatooine, that Ani? Darth Vader? would not look there in his search for us because it?s too painful for him. He would have to face his past. If Tatooine would be safe for the three of us, would it not be safe for Leia as well?

Well, Luke is asleep now, and I am so tired. I?ll sleep now. Perhaps I?ll be able to think more clearly, once I?ve had a good night?s sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*

I am deeply concerned for Padme? no, I must call her by her new name, Angel. She is so depressed. It?s understandable, for she has lost so much. The Republic, which she has worked so hard to save, has disintegrated and it will be a long time, if ever, before she?ll be able to go home to Naboo. She is estranged from her husband who has turned his back on everything she stood for. She has had to give up her newborn daughter for both her children?s safety.

Being there for her as she gave birth to the twins was remarkable. Yoda, Bail and I were told that even though she was healthy, she was dieing. She had lost all hope. I held her hand as she gave birth to the babies. First Luke, then Leia, and I held them in my arms before handing them to her. In the moment I looked into their eyes, I knew if Padme only held them, she would find the strength to live. So I quickly handed Luke to her, then Leia.

?They?re beautiful, Padme.? I whispered.

Her smile as she beheld her babies had to have been the most beautiful sights I?d seen in a long time. Far too long I have seen the ugliness of war? the worst being Anakin, my former padawan, friend, and brother? her husband? being burned alive after I had sliced off his legs and an arm. I left him in agony to die because I could not bring myself to give the killing blow. If what she believes is true and there is still good in him, I don?t think he?ll ever forgive me for doing that to him. I don?t think I can forgive myself. It is the latest of my long list of ways I have failed my brother. My failures have harmed so many? Anakin, the Jedi Order, and Padme are but a few among them.

Anyway, as I watched Padme hold the twins, I saw a new hope.

Renewed hope in her eyes that gave her the strength to hold on.

Hope that someday, somehow these babies will grow to bring their father back to the light.

Hope that even I may be redeemed.

Now I go with Padme, who has taken on the name Angel Kenobi, and Luke to Tatooine. Together we will pose as a family until Luke and Leia are old enough to be trained. Leia will join us when they are sixteen, and we shall do what we can to free Anakin from his dark shell? if there is anything of

2. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Hooray! Padme lives!

This is pretty awesome, and the dual diaries thing is also neat.

I love this so far- can I be on the PM list?

Keep up the great work!

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I love that Padme survives!! I've always felt that is how it should have been

And now she at least gets to raise Luke - wonderful.

It's great getting both her and Obi-Wan's pov.

Please PM me when you update this

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Please PM me when you update! I can't wait to see where you go with this! :D

=D=

5. Anakins-girl

Anakins-girl Jedi Master star 2

May 20, 2005
    Is this going to be a Obidala of sorts??? [face_whistling] I don't mind if it will be! [face_blush]

Great start!!!! =D=

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I idea for it came from a pair of books, "Pigman" and "The Pigman's Legacy", by Paul Zindel. I read them back in highschool, and along with S.E. Hinton's books were the only required reading which I actually enjoyed! The two main characters were a boy and girl in highschool who write their story about an elderly man they met who changed their lives. They took turns narrating each chapter.

Yeah, I agree. Padme was too strong to give up like that! Her dieing made no sense to me.

OK :D

Um, I don't want to give away any plot twists. ;)

On my PM list

snowspeeder_gunner
    KELIA
    VaderLVR64

~~~~~~~~~~

Exile: Day 2

I did not get much sleep. Luke woke up several times during the night for feeding. Ob? Ben was sweet enough to bring breakfast to my quarters. I made sure to thank him, but I felt so awkward. We are to pose in public as husband and wife. I?m not sure I can do that. I still love Anakin, and I feel like I am betraying my marriage to him, even though Ben and I are not really married. Ben has always been a good friend? almost like an older brother? and I feel bad how I?m treating him. I just can?t help it. I haven?t been able to look him in the eyes ever since we decided to do this.

Back on the Tantive IV, Ben tried to put me at ease, suggesting we could pose as brother and sister, but Bail suggested that it would raise eyebrows for us to live together, especially if neither of us dated. I?m not sure of that reasoning, but I agreed to pretend in public to be Ben?s wife to secure the safety of my children. That is when Yoda said that we should separate the twins. I fear that?s when I went ballistic.

?No! Absolutely not!? I loudly exclaimed. ?We are going to be exiled on Tatooine, posing as a family. There?s not likely to be a large imperial force there, and you said it yourselves that Ani would not search there for us!? I still cannot bring myself to call my husband by that vile Sith name. He will always be Ani to me, no matter how twisted and evil he may become.

?A bond in the force there is between you, the babies, and Vader.? Yoda said in that cursed wise manner of his. ?Bound to find you Vader will if together you remain.? It is hard to argue with someone who has lived so long and carries himself with all the self-assuredness he has at his disposal, but I managed quite nicely.

?I will not let you take my babies from me!? My voice rose, and Bail placed a hand on my shoulder. Obi-wan turned with his hand on his beard and stared out the view port. ?Unless you plan on putting me in the brig and kidnapping my children, I will sooner board my star skiff and take Luke and Leia with me to a planet in the outer rim!? I had no idea where I would go, but I couldn?t let them take either of my babies from me. I ran out of the room and went directly to get Luke and Leia.

As I picked up Leia first, Bail came in. ?Padme, please wait.?

Hot tears flowed slowly down my cheeks as I turned toward him. ?Don?t try to stop me, Bail.? My voice shook.

?I won?t,? his voice was gentle. I trusted him. Bail is one of the most honorable men I know, gentle yet strong. ?Please, think abou

7. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    This completely made my day- I love the Padme you have created! She is so much better than the wimpy version we get in ROTS.

Keep it up, I can't wait for more!

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I am thrilled to have made someone's day with my storytelling. :D I hope you continue to enjoy reading this diary (or should I say, "these diaries" :p ).

Right now, I'm going to be writing pretty quick to establish them on Tatooine and then I'll space the posts out to two or three a month.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Exile: Day 7

We have been on Tatooine four days, and this is my first night in the Kenobi household. I stayed with Owen and Beru Lars while Ben made repairs to the shield generator that would keep us safe at night from Tusken Raiders and predators. Owen gave him a hand. It?s simple, but nice. The only room with carpeting is my bedroom.

?I?m sorry it?s not what you?re used to.? Ben apologized.

I placed a hand on his arm as I reassured him that humble as the place was, it was more than I expected. ?Though I lived a luxurious life as a senator, I really don?t need all those things. This is nice.?

Beru was a great comfort to me, and helped with Luke while Ben and Owen were fixing up the place. I feel for her. She wants to bear Owen?s children so much, but she has been unable to conceive. I woke up early one morning after she had changed Luke?s diaper and found her lovingly cradling him. Her longing expression and the tears that had just begun to flow down her cheeks brought me to her side.

?Are you alright?? I asked her in a soft whisper.

She looked up at me startled, and apologized for waking me. After assuring her that I woke on my own, we sat together and talked for a time. She is such a sweet, caring person. She would be a wonderful mother, and Owen would be a great father. I hope someday they can realize their hopes for starting a family.

I wish Ani were here. The real Ani, not the dark lord he?s become, but my loving husband. I wish Leia were here, too. I want us to be a family! The way it should be.

Oh Ani, I miss you so. How could you turn on me as you did? Do you truly believe I could ever betray you? Wasn?t my love enough for you? Was the power of the dark side worth throwing away love and peace? Ani, you broke my heart, but I forgive you. I love you, and I always will.

~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~

Well, we are finally settled in our new home. Owen Lars, our neighbor helped me make the much-needed repairs before I would let Angel set foot in the adobe. He?s a good man, Owen. I hope someday to repay his kindness.

Angel looks so tired? beyond tired, actually. I guess nursing will do that. In the morning, I?m going to see if I can get a pump so she can fill some bottles and store them in the refrigerator. That way I can help feed Luke so she can get more sleep.

9. Anakins-girl

Anakins-girl Jedi Master star 2

May 20, 2005
    Still loving it!! And I can see that little spark.....I'm just saying! [face_whistling]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Whew you have been busy creating this nice version of how it could have been. I like to see where it leads and you can put me on your PM list.

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    You do? Where? I didn't write anything about sparks! :confused: :p

Thank you for reading. And yes, I shall put you on my PM list. :)

Ok, this will be the last update for a couple weeks. I'm posting it now instead of tomorrow while I know I have internet connection (the US post office lost my check to the phone company and so my internet service may be suspended soon).

On my PM list

snowspeeder_gunner
    KELIA
    VaderLVR64
    earlybird-obi-wan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exile: Day 15

I don?t know how to feel anymore. I am numb. I don?t even know if I want to feel anything right now.

The day started out nicely. Ben and I had gotten used to the routine of life on a moisture farm. Beru and Owen had come over for midday refreshments. We were having a pleasant conversation while Luke slept in my arms when we heard the whine of a landspeeder pull up outside.

Ben peered outside. ?I don?t believe they found us.?

The statement, though delivered in a calm voice, filled me with dread. ?Who is it? I heard my voice tremble slightly and I swallowed nervously.

Ben turned to me with a reassuring smile. ?Come and see,? he said as he took me by the hand and led me outside.

I?d barely had time to see who it was when both Motee and Dorme rushed to hug me. ?Padme, praise the goddess you?re alive!? They cried as one.

Mindful of Luke whom I held protectively, I admonished with a laugh. ?Careful!?

Both Dorme and Motee gasped as they saw Luke. ?He?s beautiful!? Dorme spoke as she laid a hand on her own expanding stomach. I knew she was due soon, and looked over to see the father, Gregar Typho, standing next to the landspeeder they?d come here in silently watching us with arms folded. Ben went over to speak with him.

?May I hold him?? Motee?s voice was wistful as she added, ?please??

I laughed again as I handed Luke to her. He squirmed slightly as he was transferred to her cradling arms, but then he relaxed back into peaceful slumber. ?He looks just like Ani.?

I turned my head quickly to look over at Beru and Owen. They were right behind us, and I know they heard. Beru looked puzzled, but Owen?s face was unreadable. Before I could say or do anything however, Ben announced he sensed danger coming and drew his lightsaber.

Things happened so fast after that. Ben yelled for me to get Luke to safety as he deflected shots back at the bounty hunters that we presume had followed our visitors here. Typho had already drawn his blaster and was shooting with great accuracy at the hunters. There were four of them in all. Dorme put herself in between me and the fighting, and as Motee tried to get me to go inside, I saw Dorme fall from a blaster bolt, which hit her in the chest.

?Dorme!? I heard myself cry out. So many of my handmaidens had sacrificed themselves for me. I know it?s their job, but I don?t have to like it. I consider each of them my dearest friends, and each time one of them dies to save my life, I feel like a piece of me has died as well.

Dorme wasn?t even my handmaiden anymore! I had released her from that service so she could raise a family with Gregar. Oh gods, she died because of her loyalty to me as a friend, not because it was her duty! Dorme, I am so sorry!

Ani, you have much to atone for.

Gregar? he has left his newborn son with us. He took the armor the bounty hunter wore, and he is going to take Dorme?s body back to Naboo along with Motee. I gave him the japor snippet Ani made me to place in Dorme?s hands for the funeral? my funeral, for which I will be absent. Dorme will have no funeral. Her family? they will not be able to properly morn their dear daughter/sister/au

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Wow, great update and now two young infants to take care of.

13. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Whoa, that was full of action. Poor handmaidens, they keep dying.

Hopefully things will get better for them.

Keep it up!

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thanks. Yes, but they'll only have two for a few weeks.

Well, as long as they aren't around Padme, they seem to a higher survival rate.

~~~~~~~~~~

Exile: Day 30

Luke is getting so big! He?s gained just over 1.5 kilograms and grew over seven centimeters. He actually slept through the night last night. Akee is doing well, too? though for the first two days he rarely stopped crying while he was awake. It was as though he knew his mother was dead and his father was gone. Ben and I took turns holding him even during the night until he settled down.

It?s been three weeks since Dorme has died and Gregar left with her body. Ben and I have seen reports on the holo-net about my funeral. There were even pictures and holo-vids. It?s rather unsettling seeing your own funeral and listen to people remember you.

There has been no news from Gregar since then. I fear he is dead.

I broached the subject of letting Beru and Owen adopt Akee. He thought it would be a good idea, but suggested we give it another two weeks? just in case Gregar is still alive. It is funny, how just as we finished talking about Owen and Beru, Beru commed us. She wanted to know how we were doing, and asked about Akee. After assuring her that all was well, I asked how she was doing and if Owen was still angry.

She made me laugh when she said, ?Owen isn?t happy if there isn?t something to complain about. If it weren?t for you and Ben, he?d be downright grumpy.

?Anyway,? she said, ?he?s coming around. By next week he?ll find something new to complain about.?

The two of them are such opposites, yet, when they are together, you can tell they love each other dearly. As I said before, they would be great parents.

Well, we are still on Tatooine. For better or worse, this seems to be the place we are destined to raise Luke. I must say, Luke has a remarkable presence for one so young. Last night while Padme was making dinner, I was practicing the Makashi form out in the courtyard. I felt someone watching me very intently. I paused and looked around to see him looking at me from the carrier, his head tilted as if in curiosity. Akee slept in the carrier next to his. I nodded to him, and said, ?Pay close attention. You will need to know these forms.?

He smiled and blew a bubble with his saliva.

Yes, he is going to be quite the interested pupil.

Today, Padme suggested we let Owen and Beru adopt Akee. As we spoke, I was not even sure we should be calling him Akee. We don?t know what has happened to Gregar, and if he returns, I am sure he would be angered at us for changing his own son?s name? let alone giving him to someone else for adoption? so I suggested we wait a couple weeks.

However, just as I was about to write this entry, I had a very uneasy feeling. Qui-gon appeared and told me that Gregar was dead. I did not ask for the details.

I?ll go to tell Padme the news. There is no need to wait the couple of weeks. I guess it is somewhat of a comfort that such tragedy will bring someone joy. Beru will have the baby for which she has longed.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    loved the update and now Beru is going to have her child[face_love]

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    So glad that Beru will get a child to love and care for, and we know she'll do a good job! :D And now Luke will have a friend. I hope so anyway!

=D=

17. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Poor Gregar. At least someone will be watching his son.

Keep it up! :)

18. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    This is great!

Please add me to your PM list.

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you all for reading. Beru has always been a favorite of mine among the minor characters. I hate to see her sad. Someday I will write the story of what happened to Gregar when he left Tatooine. You are added to my list, HandmaidenVeme. :)

I'll be updating sometime this weekend.

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Exile: Week 8

We took Akee over to the Lars farm today. Owen finally agreed to adopt him. He didn?t wish to do so at first, but when he saw how much it meant to Beru, he said they would have to talk about it privately. I?ve been talking to Beru on the comm everyday since then, and she told me he was seriously considering it. I?m glad Owen took the time to think about it. Adopting a child should not be undertaken lightly. Beru knew he would eventually say yes, and had started the techniques I?d sent to her via the holo-net to allow her to lactate.

The expression on Beru?s face as I handed her Akee was beautiful. I didn?t realize tears were in my eyes as I watched Owen put his arm around her shoulders and peer down at little Akee.

?Hi there, big guy, I guess we?re your new mommy and daddy.? Owen stroked Akee?s cheek. ?I can?t promise it won?t be rough, but, we?ll do our best by you.? Then he kissed his new son?s forehead.

Warm tears fell down my cheeks then.

Tears were on Beru?s face too when she looked up at me. ?Thank you.?

Akee is safe.

This makes the second baby I have given away.

~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~

This morning before we took Akee to Beru and Owen, I heard Angel speaking to Akee as she nursed him for the last time. ?They?ll take good care of you, sweetheart. I?m not just giving you away to some stranger.?

I had a feeling that she was thinking about Leia as she spoke. I placed a hand on her shoulder. ?Are you alright??

She nodded with a shaky smile.

?Are you sure you want to do this??

?Ben?? She paused as she fought back tears then nodded again. ?I?m sure. I can?t tell Beru I changed my mind. She will be heartbroken.?

?They?ll take good care of him.? I assured her.

?I know.? Her voice squeeked and I hugged her as she leaned her head on my shoulder and cried.

Later, as we watched Beru and Owen take in Akee, I once again placed a hand on Angel?s shoulder and handed her Luke. She needed to remember she wasn?t giving up everything.

Angel has always thought of others before herself, always making sacrifices for the better good. She deserves to have someone do something for her. I resolve to do something, but I?m not sure yet what it is.

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Two such selfless people, thinking the best of the other and so humble about themselves. I loved, loved, loved how Owen made up his mind to be a father.

The expression on Beru?s face as I handed her Akee was beautiful. I didn?t realize tears were in my eyes as I watched Owen put his arm around her shoulders and peer down at little Akee.

?Hi there, big guy, I guess we?re your new mommy and daddy.? Owen stroked Akee?s cheek. ?I can?t promise it won?t be rough, but, we?ll do our best by you.? Then he kissed his new son?s forehead.

Warm tears fell down my cheeks then.

Tears were on Beru?s face too when she looked up at me. ?Thank you.?

Then Obi-Wan is so thoughtful and caring...

Later, as we watched Beru and Owen take in Akee, I once again placed a hand on Angel?s shoulder and handed her Luke. She needed to remember she wasn?t giving up everything.

Angel has always thought of others before herself, always making sacrifices for the better good. She deserves to have someone do something for her. I resolve to do something, but I?m not sure yet what it is.

You're doing a wonderful job with this and I'd love to be on your PM list.

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    wonderful update and loved it that Beru has now a child to care for

23. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007

Awwww, great job on this update! I'm glad Owen and Beru are able to adopt Akee, and hopefully Padme will be ok.

Keep up the good work!

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Valairy_Scot: Yeah, I always imagined Padme and Obi-wan the same in that score... both unselfish and humble, yet dignified at the same time... though I think Padme had a little more sense of adventure which is why she was attracted to Anakin. You will be getting a PM from me soon. :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.

snowspeeder_gunner: Padme's strong, she'll be fine. There are times she breaks down crying, but she recovers.

Now I am leaping ahead in time... this diary will actually span many years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exile: Year 1, Day 3

I can hardly believe it has been a whole year since we?ve come to Tatooine! I haven?t entered anything in here since Akee went to live with Owen and Beru. I?ve been keeping a scrapbook with the milestones Luke has made instead. He is growing so incredibly fast and he is advanced for his age? the doctor says his gross and fine motor skills are equal to a fifteen-month-old, and his communication skills are close to an eighteen-month-old. We celebrated his lifeday just three days ago.

Beru made a small birthday cake with chocolate icing for the occasion. It was amazing. She has a wonderful gift of decorating. It had little landspeeders along the side and a picture of Tomo the shy ibian, which was the subject of Luke?s favorite picture book, on top.

Luke had smiled brightly and shouted in excitement as he pointed at the cake. ?Look, Tomo! Tomo shy ibian!?

He and Akee seem to have their own vocabulary when they are together though. It?s cute to see them interact.

Ben did something that took me by complete surprise tonight, which is why I have returned to this diary. You see, Beru and Owen suggested we go out on an anniversary date. They said that if we were supposed to be posing as man and wife we should act like man and wife. So, they took care of Luke while we went out to dinner at a nice restaurant in Motesta. We were waiting for the waiter to bring us our food when he placed a small, nicely wrapped box on the table between us.

?I know we weren?t planning on doing anything like this, Angel, but? well I actually was going to give this to you on your lifeday but it wasn?t ready yet.? He looked a little nervous as he looked at me from across the table.

?What is it,? I asked curiously.

?Perhaps if you open it...? He grinned.

I smiled as I picked up the box. ?You shouldn?t have done this, Ben. I?m afraid I have nothing for you.? I took off the golden wrapper and opened the box as he said that it was all right since it wasn?t something we really planned. When I saw what was inside I froze.

?I um, know that I made a few mistakes. The knife slipped right there, and I accidentally chipped too much off there.? His voice was apologetic as he pointed out flaws I would not have noticed.

I lifted the japor snippet out of the box. ?Ben,? I whispered as I stared at it. I looked at him and swallowed. ?It?s beautiful, thank you.?

He had somehow gotten a piece of japor and carved it almost exactly as the one Anakin had back when I first met him.

?I know you still love him? and well, I know how much the snippet meant to you, and??

I placed a hand on top of his. ?Thank you.? Then I placed the necklace around my neck.

After that, we danced until the food came. It was nice, but I could not keep from thinking about Ani, and how much I wished it were with him I was dancing. I think Ben sensed what I was thinking, and he embraced me even before I started to cry. ?I miss him, too.? Ben whispered as I cried into his tunic.

We have become close in the past year. He has truly become my older brother, a caring, protective companion whom I trust with my life and the life of my son.

~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~

Angel and I went out on a ?date? tonight. It was Owen and Beru?s idea. They urged us to go out as a married couple. I guess they had a point, but I couldn?t explain wh

25. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Ohhhhh boy. Obi-Wan better get that under control quick, or there could be some problems in the future.

Great update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.