main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    *crosses fingers* wish me luck - I am diving back into Star Wars fan fiction for my third and final creative writing assignment *deep breaths*

2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Just danced the Nutbush here at a dinner-dance.

But I chickened out for the Bus Stop.

Now... "Up town funk U up...."

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Net works, TV works. Netflix does not work on TV. New network and password was entered and then the entire TV went black. *updating program * My patience is beginning to grow thin. [face_waiting]

AzureAngel2 and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  4. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    And now "SONOS" is in place too. I've never really thought about how many web based "things" I have.

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Told my niece Chibi that she was getting a baby cousin during family pictures this afternoon. Her reaction was unexpected: she started to cry and said she didn't want a baby cousin, she wanted a baby sister or brother and then ran off to sulk. We hoped she would be excited since last year she wanted a baby cousin or at the very least she would be like 'oh, that's nice' and that would be it.

Sith-I-5 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    As far as earplugs go, I understand that. I wear them at most shows I go to, because my left ear is weaker (a genetic thing, ugh), I have allergies all year long and I don't want to need an implant anytime soon. :p

Drinkers? I avoid them as much as I can. Being straight-edge on the scene is almost unheard of, but yeah, I stand out.

Ooo, that's one of my favourite genres. I grew up with Green Day, though most of their copies annoy me.

I am a semi-professional concert photographer (also a web designer, but that one's getting boring), mostly active in the underground scene in my city, and a HUGE music lover - love almost all the genres. That weekend's gigs were a triple bill of a dream pop, punk rock and thrash metal girl bands and a double bill of a guy who did jazz pop and this Americana-ish band.

The bands' names: Vin Triste, Tri kapljice, Nemesis, Rogi and Tankman. My firm belief is that Nemesis are going to be HUGE, worldwide. They already have fans all around the world. This was my second time seeing them within a little more than a month.

September 29th I went to see VIS Limunada - they do '50s-style music and some covers, in four languages.

October 07th I went to a super-tiny gig where Boris Mladenović "Bomla" of the pop band Jarboli (Flagpoles) did an acoustic show. Yesterday, I was supposed to go see and photograph Bojana Vunturišević, but I got so, so, so annoyed with the entire planet and had an episode of absolute and total borderline rage, so I stayed at home, argued with a friend via Messenger and ate a whole bag of chips/crisps.

On Thursday, it's Rogi aka the jazz-pop guy again, this time with his band. I've known him for about eleven years, since he was in elementary school and now he's performing in some of the best clubs on Belgrade's indie/alternative scene. On Fiday, this band Lira Vega performs at the same place I went two days ago. On Saturday, there's PSI (Dogs) at a venue I have never been to, but it's allegedly Balkans' biggest brewery.

Would love to see Jethro Tull on Sunday, but I have no money for the ticket and I'm kind of shy to ask the large arena's PR person - she already got me a press pass for the five-day Belgrade Beer Fest I went to in August.

There is so much more I can say, so feel free to PM me.

[comment removed]

Kidding, that's about the weirdest American stereotype I have ever read about. Like...what?!

We eat them all year long.

Any good recipe? Keep in mind that we don't get roasted pumpkin in cans here, so we have to roast them ourselves. If there's anything that doesn't involve roasting, then it's even better!

Pardon me, but this made no sense. I don't get it. I still use Windows 7 and all browsers work normally - and I have them all installed, for work purposes.

EDIT: Oh, a Mac? Not surprised! One of the many reasons I would never get one. :mad::mad::mad:

Good luck, Kyber. <3

And wow, @Master_Lok is back.

Where are @whiskers, @Gemma, @Chyntuck ...? I hope they are all okay. Also can't remember seeing @Pandora for quite a while. And whatever is happening to Moody, I hope she's in a better place, mentally.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2018
    Master_Lok and GregMcP like this.
  7. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I just loved reading that. The Serbian music scene. I'm glad you have having so much fun with it. A good life.

8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I am composing a PM for you. Belgrade is sort of a goldmine for free gigs, all year long and, by your standards, the paid ones are not expensive, either.

This is my favourite local band at the moment and I can't wait for their second album, because I never saw them perform on their own - I was clinically depressed when they played 677780890 shows for the first one.

Official music videos - extremely cringe-worthy. Lead guitarist pretending to play sax in the first and an useless lady on cello and horrible light making everybody look older. And yeah, two different line-ups and three years between videos or so.

A new thing, in two different language versions - each one has different lyrics.

Some notable cover songs, IMHO.

And here's them supporting this rock singer who is old enough to be their dad. Notice the intensity of the chorus in the concert vid. I CAN'T EVEN.

And yeah...

EP is horribly annoying when she falls in love and she has a thing for cute, fluffy, gentle boyZ. [face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush]

:vader:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Gamiel likes this.
  9. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I'll give em a peek tonight

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks. I'm kinda protective of them, though I admit that I'm kind of scared of the lead guitarist. He looks like the bastard child of Lord Voldemort and Yanis Varoufakis. And he greets me with fist bumping because he's rather special, in a bad way. I return that by taking photos where he looks like he's about to pass a huge one or, well, worse. [face_devil][face_devil][face_devil]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I use the one in the cans, alas. Actually, I can't find my recipe! I've got a can sitting on the kitchen counter (for 2 weeks), and can't figure out where my recipe is. Roasting your own is tedius, I agree. The canned stuff I use is JUST the pumpkin, though, no spices or anything. I can add it to some chicken broth and use it as a pasta sauce, as well. Dash of sage & garlic, over cheese ravioli. Nom nom nom! You can use regular mashed winter squash, instead.

12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I hope everyone here is doing well, including the aforementioned folks above. As mentioned on the main board, I nearly died in July so I took this semester off from school, to take care of me, mom and work. Finally writing fan fic (for the show Knightfall due to Mark Hamill’s incoming Templar - the show is terrific as historically inaccurate as it is), and it needs more Templar things. Been looking around the threads in this forum and am in awe/overwhelmed. Thinking about SW fan fics too.

Love hearing about all the music @Ewok Poet and yes, web design nearly drove me nuts (CSS coding, the positioning made me cry, really). So I can relate. With that gig organizer why not ask if you can promote them in some way in exchange for a press pass?

Oy almost time to clock into work, so I will wish everybody a great day and try to check back in after chores tonight.

Happy writing etc.

Nehru_Amidala and Findswoman like this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I am so happy. Yes, I am! I nearly cried last night because somebody who ticks me off every now and then, definitely doesn't like me made me feel like BEEP, but NOW I AM HAPPY.

(Do not click if you don't want to read the same thing for the second time in 24 hours...)

[face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]

Imma see my secret luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv aka the cutest cutie EVER. @};-@};-@};- I'm going to hug him, kiss him on the cheek and stick my head into his chest and feel like the whole planet is mine. And he'll wonder WTF happened this year and since when is he attractive to people. [face_rofl] And he'll be cute to the point where the cute police needs to come for him, because it's illegal to be that cute, fluffy, bug-eyed, round-cheeked and adorable in this awful country where everybody is either macho or wants to look like Neymar Jr. That beautiful cherub... <3

Case in point:
    https://i.imgur.com/7y02UtJ.png

(What, there are two people on that screenie? Really? :eek: )

Oh yes, and there will be that legendary rock singer who looks like somebody's androgynous grandma and those other three guys, plus a keyboardist. [face_monkey]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

For Jethro Tull? I...doubt that anybody would do that when it comes to a semi-anon photographer and a legendary band. I didn't even have the nerve to try for Texas and/or Brian Ferry.

As for CSS - I am yet to cry, no worries. For days, nights, YEARS. :p I'm only 35.5 and I won't be a professional photographer for a quite while more...so, web design.

I tried two recipes where pumpkins are made into gnocchi:
    https://www.closetcooking.com/pumpkin-gnocchi/

...and both were SO.PERFECTLY.OCTOBER.

https://www.closetcooking.com/pumpkin-gnocchi-in-brown-butter-and/
    https://www.closetcooking.com/pumpkin-gnocchi-in-gorgonzola-sauce/

I'd roast again for this, absolutely. :) So, it's similar to what you said, but different.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Master_Lok likes this.
  14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Glad you’re seeing a favorite band. Sure, I’d ask about that access for Tull or Bryan Ferry.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Wedding post ahoy!
    The day was just about perfect, other than Starbucks said they were open at 5:30 in the morning and they weren't open at almost 7 when I got there. :mad: :p Thankfully a friend brought me a cold brew when she came! The weather was overcast and a little drizzly but it was perfectly fine because it makes for better pictures! Other than a few little things, (like the wedding party processional was to The Jedi Steps, but it wasn't supposed to go into the Star Wars theme and it did) everything was amazing! I don't really have many pictures since I took none. But here are a few people took, including the cake since I kept talking about it! It totally lived up to my expectations!
    This is probably the best pic, but it's on someone else's instagram. This was when we were doing the Celtic Handfasting:

[​IMG]

Cake! The flowers are sugar flowers and 100% edible.
    [​IMG]

This is me and my brother dancing. My dad can't really dance any more, so we swayed for like 30 seconds and then my brother took over for the father/daughter dance. It was a bit difficult finding a song that wouldn't be really awkward!
    [​IMG]

Pumpkin gnocchi in gorgonzola sauce??! Sign me up!!

Lady_Misty, Gamiel, Ewok Poet and 6 others like this.
  16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    AHHHHH! Mav! You look so pretty! I'm glad it went off without any major hiccups!

And most importantly, I'm glad the cake lived up to all expectations (and it didn't fall). What song did you do for the father(/brother)/daughter dance, just out of curiosity (asks the person who swears if she ever gets married, her father/daughter dance will be to Dancing with Myself).

My Lush order FINALLY CAME today (well, okay the replacement order they sent - they sent it on Friday and it came today so then replacement technically only took 1 day)! So excited to take a bath and try my new shampoo and conditioner. Fingers crossed it works. Also, the Canadian Lush is kinda stingy with their samples (not complaining, free stuff is free stuff, but I've seen posts on reddit were like people get huge chunks of soap that are probable like 1/4 of a bar from the UK site), I usually just get a small sliver of a soap, but this time I got a sample pot of a new shower scrub, a piece of one of their Christmas soaps, and a huge hunk of deodorant (which I'm kinda interested to try).

Also, glow in the dark soap. 10/10.

17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    @mavjade beautiful pictures. Glad the day went very well. And purple cake too. Thanks for sharing those images.

18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Congratulations, @mavjade! The cake is unusual but cool looking. The wedding looks like a blast.

19. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Congratiulations @mavjade. I'm glad you had a great wedding day. :)

mavjade likes this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I could get the old computer to work properly if I updated my operating system for free. I didn't do that because I had Photoshop and that particular program did not work on the new operating system. Compatibility problems is a trade off when updating an operating system whether it is Windows or Mac.

Ewok Poet and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  21. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    My network collapsed again. [face_frustrated] Arrrrgh!

Lady_Misty and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I went back to the computer store to return an external hard drive that wasn't compatible with my new computer. Okay, I know I look ancient to these young workers, but I am not stupid. They said, "How do you know it is not compatible, because it says on the box it is compatible." I forced myself to not roll my eyes and said, "Apple Care, Geek Squad, and the manufacturer all said it isn't compatible. I checked with all three company's customer service reps before bringing it back."

I still think they believed I was some dumb baby boomer that can't turn on a computer to save my life. That is why the next hour with these young men and women was more funny than irritating. They went to give me my money back, but they can't figure out how to do that. I had gotten a reduced price for the external hard drive because it was a bundle price with my computer and the Apple Care Plus extended warranty. The system would not allow them to give me my money back for one item without returning the entire bundle and therefore voiding my Apple Care Plus and messing up my warranty. They thought they figured out a way to return the items and then resale the items back to me minus the hard drive...but the computer was on sale for $300 off when I bought it and it was no longer on sale. So the computer kept ringing up as $300 more. So they tried to override and give me $300 off the price. This must have triggered some internal alarm and two managers showed up. So now there are four of these young people at the register. After about 30 minutes they are all looking very sheepish and apologizing profusely. After about an hour somebody came up with some bizarre work-around involving putting credits on gift cards. None of it made sense, but I have checked with Apple Care and I still have my warranty and my credit card amount looks right.

That is an hour of my life I can't get back, but it was sort of funny.

Master_Lok, mavjade and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I used the ukulele version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It was kinda a last minute pick so I didn't have a whole lot of time to think it over.
    Our introduction music was probably my favorite, it was She Caught the Katy from Blues Brothers.

That was by far, not the most unusual thing about our wedding. There were some traditional things, but even most of those things were turned a bit on their head to be more 'us'. For example, I used the The Wedding March for my walk down the aisle (where I pushed my dad in his wheelchair after grandly handing him my bouquet to hold which was made from silk flowers and costume jewelry of my grandmothers) but it was an arrangement by Queen, so it was a rock version.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Happy World Mental Health Day, everybody!

mavjade , Master_Lok and GregMcP like this.
  25. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Beautiful cake @mavjade! The colors and design are beautiful and the flowers look wonderful! It's nice to see that more wedding cakes are different colors besides white. I wish you both well!

So last night I was talking to Jean and over the length of the conversation when we came to the X-Men and both of us wondered what kind of metal Mageto's helmet is made from that would allow it to block Telepaths and I suggested it could be made from tin.

mavjade likes this.