main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I dreamed that I went to my aunt's house and Stan Lee was there and we hung out. It was cool. After the initial double take when I recognized him, it didn't really even feel like I was talking to somebody famous. He was just a guy. It was more like I was talking to somebody's grandpa. He had a notebook and a bunch of colored pencils, and the whole time we were talking, he was drawing. We chatted for hours about Marvel and a ton of other random stuff, including how Disney is stupid for not making an Obi-Wan movie starring Ewan McGregor, especially when Ewan McGregor legit totally wants to do it, how Sebastian Stan would be the perfect person to recast as a young Luke Skywalker because Mark Hammill even acknowledges that they totally look alike, and how the casting for the main crew of the Star Trek reboot is almost as spot on as the casting for the MCU. Plus many other things. And when our conversation wound down, he gave me the notebook he'd been drawing in. It was full of pictures of the Avengers chilling and just kind of being a family. As I flipped through, I realized they were scenes from my story.

"I read your fanfic. It's good."

I couldn't believe it. Stan Lee had drawn me a whole notebook full of fanart for my fanfic. And he'd signed every page.

Now ain't that a cool dream?

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    That has to be one of the coolest dreams ever dreamed.

AzureAngel2 and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That is awesome!. I heard a rumor that George Lucas is in Ireland filming an Obi-Wan Kenobi stand alone film. I hope it is true. And if it is true it better damn have Ewan McGregor!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    AzureAngel2 and CaraJinn like this.
  5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Damn straight, TPAM. Damn kriffing straight!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    @Luna_Nightshade - Luna!! [:D] It's been awhile! It's good to see you!

@Lady_Misty - I'm going to say a boy.

@Jedi_Lover - that was some crazy name situations! My husband had someone with the same name at college that graduated right before he started, same major relatively small school, so there was a bit of confusion. :p

AzureAngel2 and Master_Lok like this.
  7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Luna! Great to see you. I love the name Beau. Honestly it's on my list of "if pigs ever fly and I have children that aren't cats"

Lady_Misty, I'm going to say boy as well.

So, after my very stressful past few days (no, I'm sadly not done my proposal - I actually didn't work on it at all today [face_sigh]), last night I did something just for me: cut off most of my hair and died it blue :p. Like Sabine blue :sabine: I actually went to a salon to have it done. It was time for the mohawk to go, so now it is just kinda like a short mohawk, but when the sides grow out again, it should look better than what it did.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The Ultrasound went well, except the baby didn’t lay back down so the tech could get all of the heart pictures but she got all the important ones, baby is on track and everything appears to be normal.

Now, the baby’s gender: *drumroll* it’s a boy!

Chibi is probably the most disappointed with the news since she wanted a baby girl and I would say my Nana is slightly disappointed she’s not getting another great-granddaughter but she’s happy either way to get a new great-grandchild.

Sent from my iPod touch from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The last 24 hours have been great. I finished my big speech exactly 24 hours ago to the minute as I type this, then I got my car back today and ditched the stupid rental car, and then the Quizlet flash cards I was planning to make for one of my upcoming finals got made for me by the department head and posted in the online class portal, saving me a ton of effort. Things left to do this semester:
    • Java exam #4 (piece of cake)
    • Java final exam (piece of cake)
    • discrete math last homework assignment on how to add and multiply numbers by hand* (piece of cake)
    • discrete math final exam (easy)
    • reflection paper on yesterday's speech (somewhat easy)
    • "special occasion speech"** (easy since it's just a completion grade)
    • public speaking final exam (moderate)
    • literature final exam essay (moderate)
    The hardest parts of the semester are all past me, and I can finally relax in December after I get the literature essay written.

* Exact same procedure we learned in elementary school, except generalized to enable arithmetic in bases other than 10 as well.
    ** For this, I'm currently planning to slap a big nametag on my chest that says "COMMISSIONER OF BASEBALL" and give a speech reinstating Pete Rose. Yes, I'm a Reds fan, and yes, I do firmly believe that it is a travesty that he is not in the Hall of Fame.

10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    AzureAngel2, Lady_Misty and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Thanks, @Master_Lok.

Today I went to see the dentist about a broken tooth that had a sharp point on it that was poking into my tongue, causing pain particularly when eating and drinking. The dentist was able to blunt the sharp point, eliminating the pain and leaving just minor discomfort, but there's some bad cavities and I'm going to need a root canal to save the tooth, plus other fillings in other teeth to prevent the same thing from happening again. So I'll be getting that done shortly after exams are over for the semester.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Thank you Lok!

AzureAngel2 and Master_Lok like this.
  13. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm a little jealous, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701. When I have dreams like that, I tend to wake up just when things are getting good. I would have been coming around just as he was about to show me what he'd been drawing.

Oh, and woohoo, @Lady_Misty! Wonderful news! Boy or girl, healthy is the important part. So, now the real question: are you going to name him Luke, Han, Poe or Finn? :D

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I've had a horrible, horrible November. It's been stressful, busy. The tenth of November is the anniversary of the deaths of my brother and sister-in-law. And to top it all off, I've had my bank account hacked and money stolen from it.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  15. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    **hugs** to Striker. [:D] (Rant as much as you need to. Seriously. Had the bank account/identity thing happen once on top of my car being broken into. NOT pleasant.)

Also... Camp Fire contained, if not completely out, and the number of missing people shrank to 25.

16. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    My debit card got spoofed once, @RK_Striker_JK_5. I was very lucky; the first time they tried to use it, my bank flagged it as suspicious activity and locked my account down, so I wasn't out any money. It has made me very, very paranoid, though. I hope the bank can do something to recover your funds.

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Hi everyone! I'm just popping in for a quick hug [:D]

I just skimmed through the last two pages and I see that I owe congrats to @Lady_Misty for that baby boy that's on the way, and of course to @mavjade and @dp4m for your wedding :D

I hope everyone is doing fine!

(Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. Both my grandmother and my mother-in-law (ages 99 and 87 respectively) have been in and out of the hospital since this summer. It's been a tough few months and sadly they both appear to be past the point where modern medicine has something to offer.)

Anyway, I came over because I needed something to cheer me up and I expected my favourite challenge (namely the fic-gift exchange) to be up and running, which it is [face_dancing] So now I need to think of an idea for that.

[:D] [:D] [:D]

Gamiel, brodiew, Master_Lok and 8 others like this.
  18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Thank you, @DaenaBenjen42 and @Mistress_Renata . The bank I use is good at getting stolen funds back. And my money's insured.

So, I've been rereading the old X-wing novels. Some cracking good reads. I so wish there had been figures of the characters made. I know there was a Corran Horn one made, and some others. but it's just not enough for me.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Chyntuck! [face_love] [face_love] Hello! It's heart-wrenching to lose loved ones, particularly slowly, no matter how long they've lived. @};- @};- The Monday Mush challenge is up and running. [face_batting] Perfect with the Spoonfuls ongoing, which can be drabbley. LOL

Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Thank you Chyntuck and hugs too!

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    @Chyntuck Welcome back. I think a lot of us were wondering about you. That's really hard and you have my sympathies.

As for me. My December is proving to be so very busy and hectic and it's only going to get worse, but I have been fairly productive thus far. Before Christmas I have to finish a quilt, make 2 stockings, finish my dissertation proposal ANNND do 2 module units. Thankfully, between yesterday and (hopefully) today, the quilt will be almost finish (I have to go over to my mom's to work on it and I also have to help her decorate). Stockings are fairly fun and easy and should only take a afternoon. I'm half done the proposal (YESS! I'll likely get that done this week). And the 2 units are pretty much all reading - unfortunately boring stuff and it's going to take a good 2 weeks

I also have to find time to give my pigpen of a house a good cleaning, not to mention my car (for the road trip part of the journey to St. Louis). Oh, and figure out what the hell to buy my brothers for Christmas.

22. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Welcome back!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Welcome back Chyntuck! [:D][:D] I'm very sorry you had a tough few months, you have my sympathies. @};-
    I'm glad you will still be writing and sharing more of your (new or perhaps older) stories.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  24. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    SHE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES!!!!! [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing] I confess, I was very worried... last time I heard from you was around the time of the terrible wildfires in Greece. So sorry to hear that Granny Chyn & MILChyn have been poorly.
    I would've been happier with another 50 or so of the novels... :D :xwing: I re-read them about a year ago, think they still stand up pretty well.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh man. Starfighters of Adumar remains one of my favourite books ever. I really need to re-read it when I get the time. I once had a fanfic idea for a sequel. Maybe I should try to get back into writing SW FF again by reading the book again and trying to write it. Someone remind me of this brilliant idea in like a month.