main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I still don't understand. Voluntary conferences and meetings are always done on the employees' off-hours. I worked the day I wanted to attend the meeting so I had to either switch shifts with somebody or take a vacation day. Either way it wasn't done on company time. There is usually a conference, meeting or a class one can attend on any given day at the hospital where I work.

Mandatory meetings can be done while at work or a person comes in during their day off. Either way, the employee gets paid.

Not arguing. I just don't understand. My sons say that is probably because I am a 'Boomer'. Which I guess is a derogatory term meaning I am a person who doesn't understand the modern world. Or something like that.

Ack! I am just frustrated. I just had a fight with my son (who believes I am a horrible person), so I asked him to move out of the house...and into the condo I bought for him and his brother. I'm a MONSTER!

Edit: I felt bad about telling my kid I need some time away from him. Ended up going shopping for groceries for them. I am such a push over.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  2. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    My experience dealing with teenagers tells me that they are very difficult to deal with (hormones, brain still developing, etc) so the best choice of action is to pay attention to your own reaction because they will react back to it. They will tell you you're terrible, bad, etc whatever, but that's because they have no idea what they are saying or what it even means so instead of arguing probably better to just be neutral or step away from the conflict and let them calm down. It saves a lot of nerves that way.

Hmm really quiet here these days....:(

3. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks @gizkaspice. My boys have been out of the house for a week now and I have noticed a strange phenomena occurring. I put food in the fridge and in the morning the food is still there! That is such a creepy thing to see. Usually the food is gone in the morning. I will make a sandwich to bring to work the next day and when I get up at 4 AM and go to pack my lunch I find my sandwich gone along with all the other food. It appears that when my sons moved out the food snatching poltergeist left with them. :p

All joking aside, I do miss them.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    You guys, I got the job I was interviewing for!! I put in my two weeks notice at my old job yesterday. I'm nervous about it because it's a complete change from what I've done the past almost 11 years, and I don't quite know what to expect. But I'm very happy to be moving away from working at a place I've never working and has been making me miserable for awhile now. There are people I'll miss, but I don't think I'll miss the job.

J_L- [face_laugh] Yay for no more food snatching, especially what you pack for work!
    I can totally understand wanting them out of the house, but still missing them when they are gone. And you weren't a horrible person for asking him to move out. Sometimes kids need a little push to do what needs to be done. It will be good for him to be in his 'own' place with his brother.

5. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Congratulations @mavjade , sounds scary to put in the notice but on the other hand: new possibilities.

mavjade and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Congrats @mavjade! What is the new job again?

mavjade and AzureAngel2 like this.
  7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Good luck from me as well, @mavjade!!! [face_good_luck]

mavjade likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Congratulations on getting that job you wanted @mavjade. I am sure you will do a great job. Is the job in the city or are you going to have to move?

He is still mad at me for kicking him out of the house. I just needed some time away from all that angst. I don't know why he is always irritated with me. If I say something that could be taken in one or two ways...he will always assume I meant it the bad way. Then he gets all indignant and pouty. I hope he outgrows all this teenage moodiness. I am hoping he will. His older brother was just as bad when a teen and now I love being around him.

My oldest boy recently bought me a Funko Pop Luke Skywalker with the black uniform from ROTJ just because he saw it and thought I would like it. I think he has secured the "favorite son" position for the moment. lol! Just kidding, but that was sweet of him.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett and mavjade like this.
  9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'll be working as a clinical educator for a medical device company. So basically I'll do demonstrations for places (mostly hospitals) who want to try out the devices, talk about the science and clinical benefits, then if they buy them teach people how to use them/help trouble shoot for them.

I'll still be in the city. I'll have to drive around a decent amount because I'll be going all over NYC, Long Island and a little bit of New Jersey.

And I'm sure your younger son is just been a teenager, hopefully he'll get better soon!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm so excited I can hardly wait!!!!!

[​IMG]

Lady_Misty and mavjade like this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    AAAAHHH!!! So excited! Unfortunately I don't have tickets because I'm going back home for Christmas and my plan was to fly back around the 20th so I really have no idea what town I'll be in, so I think I'm going to have to skip out on watching the premiere this time around.

In other new, Canada's own racist, homophobic bigot didn't become Prime Minister... so that's been nice. But good god, we need an election reform.

Also, Mav, I said this before, but congrats again. That sounds like such a nice change in jobs.

As for me. I got my own little victory today. I went for dinner and a concert with some people my sister wanted me to meet, which meant I drove downtown in this new city, in rush hour, and I didn't die.

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    So fly back on the 21st instead. ;)

Lady_Misty likes this.
  13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    The new trailer certainly looked beautiful. I still have no idea what to expect story wise.

Lady_Misty and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Flying around Christmas is stupid expensive. I’m flying back on whatever day is cheapest and that might be like the 18th

Lady_Misty likes this.
  15. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    That's an AMAZING (and interesting!) job! I can see this going into different avenues if you later choose---education, business, healthcare...combined into something fulfilling and cool as a career. :D

mavjade likes this.
  16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    It looked better than the TLJ trailer. I am hopeful it will be more upbeat than TLJ.

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I swear my life has the worse timing. The town where I used to live had a massive windstorm a few days ago and knocked off a bunch of shingles off the house... the house that I sold and the completion/possession date (basically the date when I officially no longer own the house) is November 1st. My mom - thankfully - has been going by the house to check on it. So, I had to find - and pay - someone to nail the shingles back on the roof. It has been all taken care of but I was like COME ON UNIVERSE! One more week and it wouldn't have been my problem.

I'm also still waiting on the results of my dissertation. They say we should get the results back by mid-November but this program has been notorious for not getting us our results back on time. In the mean time, I've applied for a few jobs and volunteer positions but no luck so far. It's also the 'off season' for internship applications and stuff.

And my muse is also just dead. Like completely DOA.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  18. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Where’s Domhnall Gleeson? Where’s Matt Smith? Didn’t see either in the trailers.

19. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    @divapilot what I have heard that Matt Smith isn't in TRoS and is tired of people asking him if he's in it. Maybe footage with Mr. Gleeson is considered spoilery or maybe he'll appear in TV Spots.

I recorded my reaction, the first time I've done something like that, and my biggest reaction to it was licking my lips twice; TE was the only one to make any noise.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I mean, there's only so much you can stick in a movie trailer.

So, I sighed the closing documents for my house that I sold today. I had a lawyer in the town where I used to live draft up all the papers, then send them to me (it was just easier that way). Then I had to sign them in front of a notary here. It would have cost me the about same amount to fly back for the day and sign them in front of the original lawyer. I swear I should have gone to law school.

Yesterday I woke up with the worse crick in my neck. Like I was unable to turn my head to the right at all. Today it's not so bad but I'm debating going out again to buy new pillows.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  21. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    well, that was not awesome. [face_plain]

Edit: being locked out for 36ish hours, that is.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Lady_Misty likes this.
  22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Warning: rant ahead.

Can I rewind this day back to about noon? Please? The whole afternoon and evening has been frustrating and physically exhausting.

First physics lab took a long time because we had to rerun a few trials because we took bad data from the computer logging software, then my laptop charger accidentally fell out of my backpack without me noticing in the lab while I was packing everything up.

Then in the late afternoon computer lab, I spent a half hour fighting with PuTTY trying to get my SSH key to work correctly and ended up having to blow up my profile and start from scratch, after which I proceeded to leave my $80 wireless mouse in the lab.

I went to dinner, then tried to sit down at the library to study and realized the laptop charger was missing, so I started scrambling all over campus back and forth trying to find it, checking everywhere I had had my backpack open today, including the late afternoon computer lab where I proceeded to fail to notice the mouse on the table. I ended up having to call campus police to unlock the physics lab so I could look in there and finally found the charger.

Then I sat down in the library again and realized the mouse was missing, so I ran back to the computer lab (which fortunately had a class in it because normally it is locked) and found the mouse.

After all of that, I finally sat down for the third time at the library for my group project Skype call at 8:30, while sweating like crazy from the physical exertion and not getting the other stuff I wanted to do this evening done.

So yeah, if I could rewind the clock back to about noon and retry the whole afternoon and evening and get rid of this frustration and sweat, that would be great.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  23. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    @jcgoble3 - Tough one, man. Sounds super frustrating. I hope you've had a chance to chill. [:D]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    That was weird! Seeing everyone was online but nobody posting! Creeeeepy!

Sorry that happened to you @jcgoble3 ! It's one of those days we have where everything falls apart for some reason.... I call it "One of those Messed Up Days I'd Like to Forget About Immediately"

jcgoble3 likes this.
  25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Now that we're back :p

Sorry to hear you had one of "those days" where nothing goes right JC. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Got my dissertation results back this morning!!!! I'm officially getting "Master of Arts" stuck on the end of my name.

[​IMG]