main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Huh, Chewbacca, Baby Yoda, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, that's...actually pretty awesome. Kind of a shame I'm 'essential,' and still have to work.

Edit: also, now I have this image in my head of Chewbacca holding up Baby Yoda like they're Simba at the beginning of Lion King.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    AzureAngel2, Kahara and DarthIshtar like this.
  2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I want fanart of this.

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Trump, Vader and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Well if I survive that constallation I might have some intresting stories to tell.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Lady_Misty like this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Voldemort, The Demogorgon, and Chuck Norris. I mean, Chuck Norris is awesome and I'm pretty sure I could put up with Voldie, but the Demogorgon freaks me out.

Last night I wasn't doing so well, so this morning I decided to go for a walk even though it's really cold here today. The sun is shining but the wind is so cold. I just sat in the park for a bit because I just didn't want to return to my condo. Though I really shouldn't complain: where I'm from, they had a snowstorm last night, so at least I can get outside and sit in the grass for a few minutes.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  5. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Trump will have a lot to talk about to Vader, like how "he likes war in a certain way but only when we win" :p
    The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be seen as some kind of weird lizard people made in a secret lab who escaped from the sewers in New York City, so he and Vader will team up to build a wall and make them pay for it.

If anything that combination will be great entertainment.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Anedon like this.
  6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Trump would like Vader’s grandstanding. The turtles would kick their butts for being lame and then get on with saving the world.

7. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Eventually, Vader and Trump merge somehow.....to become.... Darth Trump [face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Forrest Gump, the Demogorgon, and Hannibal Lecter. I'm toast. But on the other hand, Forrest Gump did survive Vietnam, so maybe he and I have a fighting chance.

9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Since I forgot: Betty White, I hear that she’s a cool lady and at the very least we can talk about her life and experiences, the Demogorgon, *shudders* I don’t have any defense against it and will have to see how they defeated it on Stranger Things, and Channing Tatum, isn’t/wasn’t he an action actor? I might be fine than with him and Betty at my side.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Kahara likes this.
  10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I get Miley Cyrus (yuck), Joe Exotic (double yuck), and Captain America, who will hopefully lock the former two in their rooms so I don't have to tolerate their annoying presences.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Have you ever seen The Sith Apprentice fanfilm? Palpatine, acting just like trump, pits Vader, Maul, and Dooku against each other.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great fun watching Darth Trump

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  14. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Not enough likes possible, @Gamiel! I love that they included Millicent!

RuPaul, Kenny G, and Hermione Granger. This should be an interesting shut down.

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    @Briannakin told me to edit this into my post, but I can't edit a post in a locked thread, so I have to bring this here instead:

Nope! I was misdiagnosed with ADHD when I was a toddler, and we did not get the correct diagnosis of Asperger's syndrome until halfway through seventh grade around the time I turned 13. It took several tries for the psychiatrist to find medications that worked, during which my behavior issues became more pronounced. (Looking back, we now realize these were bad reactions to some of the meds, but we didn't realize it then). At one point, a defiant argument with the principal led to me being dragged down the hall to the office, during which I punched the assistant principal in the stomach. Charges were pressed, I spent a night in juvenile detention, and was eventually sentenced to community service and probation.

#2 is the lie. While I did struggle to graduate on time, those struggles were confined to high school. In elementary school, I was such a bright student that I was placed in a gifted student program once a week for three years, and even skipped second grade (though I was later held back in fifth grade because it was evident I wasn't mentally mature enough for middle school). It was not until high school that my autism began to seriously interfere with my academics, and only then did everything come crashing down.

And #1? It's both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I can easily be around odors that others can't stand, and a curse because 70% or more of your sense of taste is smell, so I have a really dull sense of taste.

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My ex had a similar story with the misdiagnosis, but didn’t get the diagnosis of Asperger’s until 24. I hear a lot of older people claiming that there are just diagnoses made up these days to give people excuses and I’m strongly against the idea because more accurately and helpfully identifying a condition is about giving them resources, not excuses. I was told I didn’t have fibromyalgia because that’s what you say if you want to live off government welfare because you’re lazy. My sister literally snuck me into a doctor’s visit while I was visiting and it was then that I got diagnosed in less than 5 minutes. On the other hand, I was diagnosed as a toddler with a vestibular syndrome and that led to things like me having adaptive classes for gym and being allowed recording instead of taking notes. People thought I was mentally handicapped until I beat them in all academics and also turned out to be really good at softball.

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I knew the sense of smell thing was true, but I just took a wild, sleep-deprived guess.

I got sucked into watching the Tiger King last night because I needed a break from my binging of The Office (and what else was I going to do?), and didn't finish till almost 2am BECAUSE I HAD TO. It is so weird and unbelievable. If you do decide to hop on the bandwagon make sure you start it early enough and have the like 5 hours to devote to watching all 7 episodes.

It's just so miserable, rainy (borderline sleet), and cold here today. I can't even go outside for a walk :(

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I have no intention of watching Tiger King. Sorry you can’t get out for a walk.

I placed an order at a local bookstore and did their curbside pickup, so now I have Doctor Zhivago to read sometime soon. I also went to the store and bought some staples and cravings.

19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Looks like my computer will be on overnight downloading movies and Rebels episodes. I finally installed iTunes on my laptop so that I could access my previous purchases and redemptions, and redeemed all nine codes from the Skywalker Saga box set that I picked up on Tuesday. Now, including previous purchases and code redemptions, I have 10 movies (Episodes I-XI and Rogue One) and 33 episodes of Rebels (Seasons 1 and 2) in the download queue, and it's going to take close to 24 hours on the internet connection here (only around 8 to 9 Mbps) to download all of them.

For as much as I despise Apple, I still use iTunes for digital movies and TV shows because no other provider lets you actually download the files to your hard drive in advance so you can view them offline. At least, that's the "approved" reason. In reality, it lets me back up copies of the files, and if I want to, I can probably crack the DRM on them and view them wherever I want. It's technically illegal to crack the DRM, but they aren't gonna find out, and it's not like I'm going to use the files in an illegal manner afterward, so who cares? :)

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    First day off of work in a while. Usually on my day off I do nothing...maybe watch TV or write. But now that I can't go and do something productive I suddenly want to do something and I am now bored. How in the hell are all of you "nonessential workers" tolerating the boredom? (I put that in quotes because I don't see anybody's job as nonessential...especially since I really need a haircut and really want to see a new season of my favorite TV shows).

AzureAngel2, Lady_Misty and Kahara like this.
  21. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Note for those disinclined to watch a multi-hour docudrama but interested in knowing what all the fuss is about, there's a very good written version of the whole saga to be found on New York Magazine.

22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Honestly [mention]Jedi_Lover [/mention] I as a stay at home Mom who only leaves the house except for shopping, church and the occasional social visit finds this mandatory isolation disconcerting.

It’s weird knowing that I shouldn’t go shopping unless it’s for food or necessary items and when I do the grocery store is surreal with certain shelves picked clean and some aisles that on the surface looks normal until you realize that somewhere in the middle certain items are gone but others remain (you can tell what cereals are popular: Cheerios and Honey Nut Cheerios are just two that haven’t been on shelves or at least their usual shelves).

23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I think there is a slow building tension that is affecting everybody. Usually we can plan out things, but no longer. We have lost control of our lives. For the first time I worry about my health. I don’t worry about the virus as much as my new crown that is bothering me. Dentists are restricted on what procedures they can do. I can only hope I don’t need to see the dentist.

It feels like our country has fallen into a coma and everybody is praying that we wake up soon...because we all know the longer you stay in a coma the longer the rehab.

24. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    LOL, my office is shut down, as we are 'non-essential,' but in reality, we are all teleworking and on our usual 9-5 schedule, with morning videoconferencing to check in. The bosses have been trying to encourage telework for a few years now; I don't think this is what they were anticipating, though. I am a bit jealous of folks who are shut in without telework capability, and time to bake (must be why we can't find flour on the shelves anywhere), do artwork or crafts, read, or nap. Although they have their own problems, of course, no one has it easy right now.

I also don't have much time to sew; now that the CDC are saying that masks are essential, I am wondering if I should drag the machine out and download a pattern. I have one mask that the hospital sent home with me when I was released in January, and up to now I have had no use for it, and no real clue why they bothered to give it to me. But it is coming in handy now, although I still feel very self-conscious wearing it.

This whole situation just doesn't seem real. It seems like a bad dream, or some weird first-person video game. Still, I am confident we will get through this and come out the other side. It will just take a while. Being an introvert, I am coping pretty well; I am good with my own company.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  25. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I agree, long standing plans: vacations, reunions, birthday parties, weddings and long distance travel have been thrown into chaos as some things have been canceled or postponed or are hanging in limbo.

We don’t know if this is going to blow over by the time Kathy has her baby, a boy for those curious, or when they originally planned to have the little one’s Name and Blessing (where a baby or very young child is held by their father or another man close to the family, the name that the parents have chosen to give their child is stated and a blessing is asked for and given) and we were eagerly planning the trip to Utah and trying to figure out how long we wanted to stay and if it was possible to stay more than two weeks logistically, financially and emotionally.

And now all our lives are seemingly in a holding pattern.

It’s a disconcerting and frightening time because it feels like the apocalypse has happened with long lines just to buy groceries and do bank transactions.