main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    We watched Bananas in Pyjamas here too (I can still hum the theme song!)

Ohhh, poor Admiral! He's so cute!!! (and I love that pillow).

My sister and her boyfriend came over to take care of some murder mitts and we ended up hanging out for like 7 hours. It was so nice to just be with other humans.

We're supposed to get an epic thunderstorm here this evening. Nothing yet but the sky has gotten suddenly dark and my lights already flickered.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Lady_Misty and Kit' like this.
  2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Bananas in Pyjamas is amazing. It's on par with FunnyBones.

3. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Bananas in Pyjamas is one of those shows I loved as a kid but as an adult it's....weird. [face_laugh]

In other news, I have a lap cat and it's a wonderful thing. I highly recommend training your cat to be a lap cat (or dog, but different conditions apply for a lap dog). It's like a laptop, but instead of a computer, it's a cat sitting on your lap, sometimes for an hour or more! [face_hypnotized]

Benefits of a lap cat:
    1) trains you to hold your bladder for long periods of time--you don't decide when to go pee, your cat does! (often because it has to actually go pee)
    2) trains you to sit in one position for a long time (you absolutely cannot just move the cat off; the lap cat decides when enough is enough)
    3) you are more productive--you can't just walk up and leave; the lap cat will ensure you stay put.
    4) the lap cat likes scratchy scratchy time while you work! perfect multitasking skill to put on your resume.

4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    *pokes head in*

Looks safe enough to start posting here again.

Hi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    @Gamiel Half of those fancy Russian ladies look like they could win Padmé Amidala lookalike contests.

Lady_Misty and CaraJinn like this.
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Yes they could! Speaking of, one of Padme’s outfits was based off of the painting “The Boyar’s Bride”.

DarthIshtar, Lady_Misty and Gamiel like this.
  7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I love that so many people remember the Bananas in pyjamas and their desire to catch Teddy bears (that show has so many open questions - like are other fruit sentient? Can we really get Zucchinis in bikinis? What about a generic "Fruits in Suits"?)

I spent all tonight marking and wanted to get some writing done but both ran out of time and also marking really saps all creativity. There are only so many times you can mutter to yourself "maybe if you'd started earlier then this wouldn't be quite so terrible" without sounding like a mad witch from a Shakespearean drama. Tomorrow is my birthday and what's kind of cool is that 21 years ago I saw TPM for my 16th birthday at the cinemas (I'd never seen Star Wars before that - honest!) and that started this whole craze which amongst other things - got me through high school and achieving better English marks, set up the situation where I met a bunch of people including the lady who would eventually be my maid of honour and created a love of sci-fi in a girl who, up until that time, had been purely a lover of fantasy. Also USJS and all the madness that entails.

And....ahh...that was my TEd Talk....[face_whistling]

Lady_Misty likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I’m tired of certain people thinking that the rules don’t apply to them.

[mention]Jedi_Lover [/mention] odds are that the gossip was shared with more people who also shared it. Crossing my fingers about your health.

Those are some elaborate but beautiful costumes [mention]Gamiel [/mention] !

Only saw part of an episode of Bananas in Pajamas but I heard the theme song for the ads for the dolls. For a long time I just assumed that they made the song/ad just to sell some stuffed toys.

My SIL and I are taking a break from the hiking trail we have been doing the last thee Sundays due to an infestation of Brown Tail Moth Caterpillars; she’s allergic to their hair and isn’t eager to find out if Evan is allergic to them.

She almost took out her (passenger side) side view mirror because one of the caterpillars was climbing up her leg on the drive home.

We’ll do a different hike/trail until the stupid things move to the next stage.

She wants to do some more haunted trails (the one we have been doing is reportedly haunted by a young girl that accidentally fell to her death after the wind blew her hat off) and I said that I am willing as long as if one of us has a bad feeling we all turn around and leave. The specific one she mentioned a young woman after having nightmares about something human like with a melted/mutilated face went walking there, vanished and was later found with either her face ripped off or looked like melted candle wax. Two of her brothers died in the area suspicious deaths, possibly murdered, and her father went insane before he died saying that he would see a monster wearing his daughter’s face. Spirit Orbs have been reported in the vicinity of the trail.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

9. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I love hiking! We have really good trails in the DC area.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  10. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Haunted trails *panic attack* [face_nail_biting]. I even got the creeps when I passed by a place where someone had been murdered more than 100 years ago.

Kahara and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    When my elder cousin got married 20 years ago, my grandma told me and my sister (we were 15 and 13 then), someone had committed suicide where our bedroom was. My sister was frightened about a possible ghost, I told her to stop worrying and think about Sailor Moon.

Kahara and Lady_Misty like this.
  12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Well the place where we have been hiking is very peaceful and the only negative incident that I know happening there was a couple getting into an altercation that led to (at least) the woman falling off the cliff and being injured but she recovered.

Supposedly the third house up the street from the one I grew up in was haunted. As it was a doctor’s house and later a hospital it possibly was haunted.

My childhood home might have been haunted but he wasn’t disruptive and only made his presence known three times in the thirteen/fourteen years we lived there; the first two was only to one person and the third time he made the attic stairs creak because I voiced doubt about his existence and my sisters and my guests laughed over the possibility of the ghost being a hallucination.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Kahara and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  13. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    A very modest ghost. The one(s) visiting my appartment are a bit more lively. I especially loathed the one turning up the volume of my stereo to max when I was streaming music from the cell phone while cooking dinner. Knives and music that suddenly comes on max volume doesn't go well together... When he (or she) did the same trick two days later, I found myself saying loud: "Stop it!!!" No more max volume after that.

Kahara, Nehru_Amidala and Lady_Misty like this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  15. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Speaking of ghosts, my back door just opened by itself! Now, where did I leave my copy of “The Handbook for the Recently Deceased”?

Kahara and Lady_Misty like this.
  16. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    So I got a set date for the operation to get that mass/tumor/polyp/cyst (or whatever it is) off my vocal cords and as soon as I got that arranged....my voice comes back...which probably means the mass went somewhere. Can this year get any weirder? So on the June 10th I was supposed to have a pre-surgery consult with the doctor, but he now says he will probably scope me again to see what happened. I am breathing okay so it didn't go into my trachea. So I don't know if they are going to do any surgery. I would like to get the area of attachment biopsied at least to see if there is cancer. I don't want to wait because if a second virus surge happens we might get surgeries closed down again. I have spent the last three months barely able to talk and no way to get it checked out because all non-emergency procedures were shut down.

:rolleyes:
    I think at a certain age your body just starts doing weird things.

As for ghosts. My grandmother's house was supposed to be haunted. I have seen things (people shaped shadows moving) and my brother saw the same thing. My father told me there is no such things as ghosts. My mother said it was probably the ghost of my aunt, so don't worry about it. o_O

When my father died my brother and I were cleaning up the house to sell it. I was in the kitchen when I heard the door to the attached garage slam shut. I didn't see it, but it was LOUD. So I call out to my brother and he is at the other end of the house. I decide to check to make sure the window in the garage wasn't open and a breeze caused the door to slam. I went to the door and it was then I realized it was bolt locked. There was no way it could have been slammed. So I think maybe the back door of the garage may have slammed. I went and that door was bolt locked. So...what slammed? Or did the ghost of my father slam the door and lock it? He would always check the doors to make sure they were locked. It was creepy living in the house while I was in town.

Kahara, Lady_Misty and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  17. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    I totally agree with your father - officially. But on the other hand, after living here for years I'm not totally sure anymore. The first incident was the brush I use when washing the dishes by hand. It had been laying at the same spot (well within the area of a plate...) for 3 days and suddenly I heard a "bang" and found the brush in the middle of the kitchen floor. No wind (or at least all windows were closed) and no large trucks passing by either. Two weeks later I found the door into my shower cabinet nicely leaning towards the wall - lifted off the hinges. (That may happen, but the door is quite heavy so I really think I would have noticed if that happened when I stepped out of the shower the evening before.

A weird smoke from bonfire sometimes turns up - once I even had to walk outside to check if anything was burning ini the shop on the ground floor. Couldn't find any.
    I can sometimes sense a light flowery perfume - which definitely is not mine. I'm more into "green notes".

My wake up light turned on full volume of the radio and full light when I was out walking, I came home to a hell of a noise in my bedroom. A bit weird with the radio as well - I used only the birdsong ringtone. I assumed it was something wrong with the lamp so I complained, got a new one which did exactly same thing - at 11:30 pm one night. (I was less than happy when I woke by the shock. Now I have a normal alarm clock.)

I assume the young boy I saw outside the kitchen window one evening was just my imagination. I really hope so since I do not live on ground level... But I still wonder since he reminded me of a childhood friend which I later heard had committed suicide at approximately that time.

The only thing that really scared me was the one time when I heard the sound of a door handle being moved. First I thought someone was visiting my neighbor, but I usually hear people walking the stairs, and I also hear when the neigbor open their door. I heard no-one.

As I said: I dont't officially believe in ghosts, but I haven't found any good explanation to the flying brush yet and I'm not quite sure what to think of the stereo volume and wake-up light incidents either. Electrical failure once, OK. Good explanation. Twice?
    Hmmmm....

As for happier things, good that your "whatever" disappeared by itself, but I understand that you would like to have a biopsy taken to prove that all is well.

Kahara, Lady_Misty and AzureAngel2 like this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Kahara likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    This might interest folks, an action-adventure RPG set in the 1960s and inspired by European comics:

Kahara likes this.
  20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I lived in a haunted house near Walden Pond for two years. My parents didn’t believe me. My sister who saw a little
    girl outside her second-floor window did.

My knee injury is mostly healed, so I’m getting back on the bike. Yesterday, I made it nearly triple my previous trip before my knee stopped me. There are great trails around here.

21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Dany has two that have been protecting her for some time. She became aware of her protectors when she moved into an apartment complex that was haunted, while visiting another apartment a ghost tried to throw the Wii Sensor Bar at them but the cord stopped it, she and others saw red eyes watching them from windows and while she was there everyone on her floor heard a soldier marching back and forth in the hallway, and had a lecherous building manager; she woke one night to him standing over her in the middle of the night doing something highly inappropriate. She screamed and the manager claimed that a man chased him out of her bedroom/apartment with a weapon (I think it was an ax like weapon). Later the police made some recordings out of curiosity and a man's voice in broken English said that the manager tried to hurt the princesses so he chased the man out and that he wasn't welcome in the apartment.

They, the soldier and the other man that Dany suspects is an ancestor/related to an ancestor, followed her to her new apartment and she feels them looking out for her and Chibi and knows that they have chased something evil that her than boyfriend might have invited in.

Moving on from ghosts and spirits.

TE and I went out to eat for my birthday. The first time that we have eaten out since February (I think). It was different as the dining area was basically empty, the menus was a laminated page with options on both sides and missing a few items (TE's favorite dish Chicken Alfredo wasn't on the menu) and we had to wait separate from other guests to be let it and seated. The only thing that threw me was needing to write our names and number down until I remembered that if someone that was there with us tested positive we could be informed.

That is worrying @Jedi_Lover. I pray that nothing blocks your journey to get answers and return to health.

Kahara, Jedi_Lover and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  22. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    The pun challenge as part of the Dare challenge got put to good use today. Kid brought pet rock into my classroom and I proceeded to use all the rock puns I'd acquired while completing that writing challenge! YAS! Student groans = teacher fuel [face_mischief][face_laugh][face_rofl]:emperor::emperor::emperor:

23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I remember when I was young reading a really scary book. Suddenly I felt like I was being watched, so I looked out the window and saw two yellow eyes staring at me. I screamed. I then realized it was the damn cat. My window was about waist high, but my father had placed the picnic table under my window and now the cat could look into my room.

Kahara, mavjade , Kit' and 3 others like this.
  24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Damn cats!

I'm mostly on the side of 'ghosts aren't real'/there's almost always a logical explanation (usually cats!) but, and I think I've told this here before, but my grandparents rented a house for a while and it was an older house in a newer neighbourhood so it definitely looked like "that weird house". According to my uncle (who isn't the most trustworthy person) the former owner had died from a heart attack while in the house alone. Anyways, weird stuff would happen like light switches turning off with no one in the room, the normally very well behaved dog barking at nothing, and the room in the basement that everyone refused to go into. It was just... creepy, kinda like you were being watched. If there was was some spirit or something it wasn't evil or anything.

Anyways so I'm almost done this Lego Hogwarts castle that I started when this whole quarantine thing began. It's been nice to do something not tying or looking at a screen, but it's also been a bit frustrating at times (cats destroying it, and every time I drop a piece it goes under the couch), so I'm kinda looking forward to having it NOT on my coffee table. I worked on it throughout a 3 hour video call today so I have like bag an a half left. I'm hoping to have it done tomorrow or Friday.

25. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    After a month of working 40 hours a week from home, I finally got fed up with my desk chair enough to order a new one from Amazon. It will be here by next week.

My current chair is perfectly fine if you have good posture, which I do when actively typing and editing. But for the past couple of weeks, I've spent most of my hours reading documentation, trying to find bugs in third-party code, and waiting for code to compile.

Stuff like that makes it impossible for me to retain good posture as I'm constantly shifting into all sorts of weird positions, and as soon as I do, the hard frame of the seat back becomes very uncomfortable. The new chair is fully padded (instead of a mesh back like my current chair) and hopefully will be a lot more comfortable in odd positions.