main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    If the cards had real monetary value and D had appropriate insurance (either renters or housing, respectively), he should make certain to claim the value of said cards and, hopefully compensate the TE and C for the loss, at least somewhat. Speaking from personal experience I successfully submitted an insurance claim for MtG cards that were destroyed during a flood event, only a few hundred dollars worth, but still. At the very least high-value individual cards with online values you can point to on a claim are worth trying to recoup.

Lady_Misty and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I'll let him know so he can pass it on to D and C.

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    https://www.tcgplayer.com/ is a great site for pricing those kinds of cards.

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    @Lady_Misty I hate to be the "politically correct" police, but you should reframe from the term "wheelchair bound". It's just one of those phases that annoys most people who use wheelchairs. It's not like we are tied to our wheelchair... unless we are into kinky stuff :p

I was going to go to the grocery store this evening for the first time since March, but I just got horribly lazy and tired after work, so I don't think I'm going to (and they close in like an hour so I guess I could... but I probably won't). Hopefully I'll get up the energy tomorrow. We are currently in "phase 3" of reopening so I feel comfortable going out (my sister and I went to a few stores and a mini road trip on the weekend which was my first time out). I've actually surprisingly got used to ordering my groceries online, it's really convenient. But I've also missed just going and seeing what's out there and knowing exactly what I'm buying. I feel like someone needs to kick my butt to get me out tomorrow.

mavjade and Lady_Misty like this.
  5. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I had a genuine belly laugh at this at 12:40 AM because... never mind. ;)

DarthIshtar and Briannakin like this.
  6. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Thanks, I honestly didn’t consider how thoughtless I was being and was crunched for time because Evan wanted/needed time with me. I was trying to give D a little privacy where his health is concerned and didn’t want to explain why he is going to need a wheelchair.

I’m sure some people have that kink or would try it at least once; I just hope that they engage the brakes first so they don’t roll away during fun time.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thank goodness it's Friday! It was an oddly stressful week. An account at work got messed up somehow and I'm worried I'm going to get the blame because I was the one that was there, even though it's really not my fault. It was screwed up from the get go because people were trying to move too fast. It's a huge account too.

Bri- I agree that ordering groceries online is so much more convenient, and also makes it less likely I'll buy junk. But I do enjoy looking around at the store, so I do miss that a bit.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    EEEEk. Mav. I hope you don't get blamed for it!

I find I'm more susceptible to junk if I'm buying online because no one is around to judge me for it! But as my sister put it, I miss buying stuff that's not on my list! I also keep forgetting stuff I need when I go to make an order, and I know I wouldn't if I go to the grocery store and actually see it physically on the shelf. Like batteries for my bathroom scale. They've been dead for months and I'm kinda afraid to actually get them and see how much I've gained in quarantine.

Bur I'm currently kicking myself in the butt for not going to the grocery store yesterday because it's now Friday and - according to google (yes my anti-social butt checks google maps before I go somewhere to see how busy it will be - it comes in handy now that we are in a global pandemic) -it's crazy busy right now. I was hoping it wasn't going to be too bad during dinner but nope. So now I gotta wait till a bit later and hopefully not just get lazy like last night.

mavjade and Lady_Misty like this.
  9. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Ever feel that you've stretched yourself too thin and now your muse is doing fast spins as it can't work out where to go next? That's how I feel at the moment. Like there is so much going on that I can't work out what to focus on.

Feel the same with work too. I'm trying to write units for next term at school (and the next person who says that teachers get so many holidays is getting a thwack) and it's the same sensation. Bouncing from topic to topic and feeling like you can't quite focus on anything. Ugh.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    [​IMG]

Seriously, if you haven't watched Hamilton on Disney+ yet, I highly recommend. It's a different experience than seeing it live but no less entertaining and such a great way to spend 2 hours and 40 minutes!

I have to do a major cleaning of my condo today AND laundry and I just don't want to. I also have to go grocery shopping but I'm thinking I'll probably order and have it delivered.

11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I 100% agree with Bri about Hamilton. I've seen it twice on Broadway (kinda by accident), but the only original cast I got to see was Christopher Jackson as George Washington (and if you count Javier Munoz as Hamilton since he was a part of the production from the start) and to see it with the people on whom the show was built is amazing. I'm so, so glad they filmed it.

Some things play better live, that's always going to be the case, but it's no less impactful on film. dp even said "I don't think I'm going to cry when it's filmed because there's just that much of a disconnect." He was wrong.

For anyone who has seen it, the especially impactful part that was different for me from the live versions I've seen:
    Eliza screams as Phillip dies. I was gutted. No one else I've seen had that guttural scream like that. I always cry at It's Quiet Uptown but that really got to me.

DarthIshtar likes this.
  12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I saw it with the first touring cast (I love LMM and the guy is a genius, but IMO, he's not the absolute greatest singer. I saw it with Michael Luwoye and he was amazing) and it's just a whole different experience seeing it live. But I found it such a different experience being able to see all the subtle facial expressions that you just cant see unless you are in like the front row. I burst out laughing quite a few times.

Yeah, Phillilpa Soo's Eliza was so gut wrenching. Burn is one of my favourite songs, but when I saw it live... it just didn't hit that same emotion, sam with the scream. Seeing her do it, was just totally different.

13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    So, not sure how many of you are useing it, but did some of you notice some troubles with TV Tropes today as well? I´m unable to acess various pages while on other the program claims those don´t exist.

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The home page right now gives this:

My professional opinion is that they're having database problems. :p

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I love Hamilton and our roommate activity for July was watching it with colonial-themed ice cream. I just booked hotels to go on a week vacation to Montana in August. We’re going to take advantage of remote trails and in-house kitchen facilities. Glacier and Yellowstone.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh that sounds like fun, Ish! We've been thinking about doing something similar so we can get away but still be away from people. Also your Hamilton watch party sounds like it was fun! The colonial-themed ice cream sounds great!

In case anyone didn't know and is interested, San Diego Comic Con is all online and all free this year. They recently announced the Wednesday and Thursday panels. Most panels will probably still be online after it's over, but they've said some might not be.

17. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I saw a handful I'd be interested in watching.

mavjade likes this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I found a couple shows on Netflix I liked. I watched Old Guard and it was pretty good. I just started watching Warrior Nun and I like it so far.

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I got the Hamilton-Burr Duel sundae. Had lots of chocolate and cheesecake for Hamilton and Madagascar vanilla for Burr.

Jedi Knight Fett and mavjade like this.
  20. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I've not watched either of those, but I've heard really good things about Warrior Nun. It's on my (very long) list of things to watch.

We recently started watching Doom Patrol (it's on HBO Max) and I love it! It's just the right amount of bizarre for a band of misfits superheros show. Matt Bomer is in it which really makes me happy as I love him, also Brendan Fraiser is always a delight. But Diane Guerrero is AMAZING! She plays multiple characters and does it so, so well.

21. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I have HBO Max through Hulu. I just found out that if you browse through the HULU app you can't watch Doom Patrol. You have to download the HBO Max app and then sign in using your Hulu account. Then I could see it. I cracked up in the first few minutes of the show. "Our story begins, as such stories do, with a visit to a Nazi." lol!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I’ve been watching The Great on Stan and it’s such so funny and the costuming is just so beautiful!

First day back at work and the sole rips off my shoe. Also stepping up in duties with no commensurate pay or time off class. At least it’s only a week but my goodness I was grumpy this morning.

mavjade likes this.
  23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm taking an online writing class and our first assignment was due today. What I ended up writing was so dark I'm a little worried the teacher is going to be freaked out. (It was a story that was basically a metaphor for depression.) I'm fine, but it was pretty dark. Once the idea took hold, I couldn't think of anything else to write.

HBO Max is weird. It's also not on Roku, so we had to do the app through our TV, but in order for the app to work, we have to reboot our TV every time we want to watch it.
    Yeah, that was about the time I was pretty sure I was going to like it!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Kit' likes this.
  24. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    The boards have been really quiet the last couple of days. Just hoping that with everything that’s going on in the world that everyone is okay.

Findswoman likes this.
  25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    It always gets quieter in the June through August months. Usually I figure it's people going on vacations and such, but now it's probably a lot of people having their kids 24/7, having to work from home, etc.

We watched the Eurovision movie the other day (Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga), and while Will Ferrell movies are generally not my thing, it was fun. It was as much a love story to Eurovision as I think you could get! Anyone else watch anything fun recently?

Kit' likes this.