main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    They had the live stream, but even though he told me what row he was in I couldn't identify him. The guys all have the same haircut, same outfit and are wearing masks. The quality of the live stream wasn't great because it looked like they were having 50 mph winds. The cameras were not very steady. I can't believe the flag bearers didn't get blown away. It wasn't raining but they had some fierce winds.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Historical context rants are the best kind, and often educational. Read the article; it was very interesting.

Briannakin likes this.
  3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Hey everyone, just stopping by to wish US residents a safe election day. I hope everything goes well, the entire world is watching you! (more than usual, at any rate)
    Thank you! We're all fine in Athens and even the east Aegean islands just got shaken, mostly. The real destruction is in Izmir, they had so much damage and many casualties.

We're heading at full speed into another lockdown and it looks like this time around it'll be really bad. The silver lining (I'm clutching at straws here) is that I won't be working this time, so maybe I'll have time for fanfic?

Take good care of yourselves, wherever you are. Love from the Chyns.

divapilot, Gamiel, brodiew and 6 others like this.
  4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Glad you and your family are safe Chyn! A bunch of places are headed towards lockdown and I think its only a matter of time before we are too. There were some huge Halloween parties in Vancouver so, yeah, give us 2 weeks before our government comes to their senses.

My cat was looking out the window this morning with a look of both horror and curiosity at some dogs and I completely related to her expression. I hope for a safe day for all our US members and you guys don't screw this up. Either way I'm drinking tonight. (Joking aside, I - and I hope everyone else knows - not to expect a confirmed result tonight. It's 2020 y'all and this is only getting started).

mavjade , DarthIshtar and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I’m not trusting anyone who claims the victory tonight because only one person will do so. Others haven’t been preaching that only results from in-person voting are valid. But that’s really not how it’s ever worked.

Jedi Knight Fett and mavjade like this.
  7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Good luck to everyone in the USA. Thinking of you and wishing you all the vets. Please keep safe.

I’ve decided to take tomorrow off. It’s not something I like doing as a teacher (too much work to take a day off) but my head of department is treating all her staff really badly (condescending, not-picking small things and just generally being nasty). So tomorrow is a mental health day. Going to spend it weeding the garden and then writing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm taking tomorrow as a mental health day, too. After all the Election hullabaloo, no matter how it shakes out, I think I need some forest bathing. No screens. No politics. Just quiet, birdsong, and, if I'm lucky, a chipmunk or two.

amidalachick likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Kit, take that mental health day and don't feel guilty about it! Sounds like you need it. Back in school I always felt guilty for taking a day for me when I had so much work to do, but sometimes you need it. And your head of department sounds like a pill.

I think we all could use a mental health day tomorrow no matter what we are facing in terms of results or lack-there-of!

I just want a work day with no interruptions. I filled out a form online this morning to renew my car insurance (not like I go anywhere often) and I asked them to EMAIL me (phone calls are hard for all involved due to my speech disability). They called anyways [face_waiting] Thankfully the lady was super nice and nothing has changed on my policy. However, I did have to go down to my parking and take a pic of my odometer (I get a discount if I drive under 5000 kms a year... obviously I qualified this year and will likely next year), and when I opened my condo door there was a huge box blocking my way. My rowing machine had been delivered (yay!)... yet the delivery people somehow got into my building without buzzing me and dropped of two huge boxes without bothering to knock [face_waiting]:confused: Normally I don't mind because we have security cameras, BUT IT WAS TWO BIG BOXES. Anyway I managed to get them in and my sister and her boyfriend are coming over at some point in the next few days to assemble it.

ARG. I need to get better at getting back to work after interruptions (normally I am but the whole lack of motivation is a major factor.

mavjade and Mistress_Renata like this.
  10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I’m taking a mental health day later in the month. I’m going to stay overnight in a wonderful hotel one evening and have high tea with friends the next afternoon, which is the day before my birthday, which is on thanksgiving day this year. I haven’t seen either of them since January.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thank you all of the non-Americans for your well wishes! [:D]

For Bri :p
    [​IMG]

And yeah, we're not going to know a result tonight, but that doesn't stop me from having CNN on and stalking the Five Thirty Eight live blog (along with a few others). [face_nail_biting]

Briannakin likes this.
  12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Honestly, fairly accurate (and now I want ketchup chips).

I know, I keep checking BBC (to be fair to us stalking the news, they are foreseeing a Florida result tonight and that could be everything.... but we all know how close Florida can be). Is it better to know a gut-punch is coming from far off or let it hit by surprise.

mavjade likes this.
  13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Know that it is coming. Gives you a chance to brace for impact and soften the blow.

I'm watching CNN while finishing up laundry. A Florida result is likely tonight considering that 89% (according to CNN) of their votes are already counted.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'd counter that by saying the dread is sometimes just as bad as the blow itself.... but the dread is here regardless.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  15. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Teaching today, even from the other side of the world is hard. Kids keep asking who is winning. Teachers are checking results. I can’t imagine what it would be like to be there.

16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    What's it like to be here? For me, just another Tuesday.

Although, TBH, this was a pretty good Tuesday. Today I had the most normal feeling day out of the house I've had since the last time I went fishing. I went to the dentist, and even though it was a new dentist, the experience felt totally normal. Because the dentist always wears a mask anyway.

DarthIshtar likes this.
  17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It was a friend’s birthday and I sat at a table meant for 8 with two other people. I wore a mask when not eating.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Yay, we just jumped up into the top 10 Covid counties here after having zero incidents the entire summer. Now we have more than twice the Covid density compared to what the capital area has. Not a list I like to top. But we've more or less closed ourselves down for some days and people actually seems to keep very good distance. I even saw someone with face masks yesterday (I was one of those myself).

19. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    OK. First, the US elections gave me a minor heart attack this morning. I'm feeling a bit better now, but I doubt I'll get any proper sleep until it's really over.

Second, we are going for a full lockdown, so I'll be around next week.

Please all take good care of yourselves.

20. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Glad to see your back, and congratulations are in order for the adoption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chyntuck and Gamiel like this.
  21. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Fingers crossed, and big hugs, for all of you in the US!

The other day I went for coffee and sat inside for the first time since like February, and it honestly felt weird. Not unsafe - I kept my mask on, except to drink obviously, and the people I was with were the only other people in there - but it just seems like an entire lifetime ago that we actually went out wherever without even thinking about it.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Mental health day half over and I have accomplished....

Nothing...!

Which is part of the point. It's also not entirely true. I finished editing the first half of my long fic which is 54 pages and 34000+ words. So that's good.

Now an episode of bad tv and then try and start on the second half!

Findswoman and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I know what you mean. I’ve been inside a restaurant a total of 3 times in 8 months. Once on vacation, once before the opera, and once for my friend’s birthday.

24. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    How's that wall coming? [face_laugh]

None of us will. I've been popping Melatonin all week. But yesterday's mental health day was great. Gave myself a pedi in the morning, nice breakfast, did a chore. Then I went out to a nearby state park and had a long walk. Only about a mile, which showed me how tremendously out of shape I was. Birds, sunshine, a brook, fresh air. Went to lunch at a restaurant which had a patio overlooking the river. Then came home and had 2 very long naps, coached by the cat.

And the count goes on. Back to work this morning, though I am still working from home. I do not miss the long morning commute; I will not want to go back when the time comes. As it is, I can sleep in a little later, have a proper breakfast, and a bathroom all to myself! [face_laugh]

mavjade , Chyntuck and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  25. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Lockdown beginning on Saturday morning. One day to sleep, one day to see my daughter. Then Monday alone at home. Fanfic, here I come!