main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    *chuckles * I watched it this afternoon and LOL'ed a couple of times. It was definitely more fun than expected. My general thought was SW and Lego? Nooooo. But then there was nothing on TV so I jumped to Disney and gave it a try.

AzureAngel2 and DarthIshtar like this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    :oops: I have many questions, but the one I'll give voice to is what makes her think the pandemic is over in the first place???? It's worse now than it's ever been. Or is she one of those that believes the pandemic magically ended the day after the election?

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    She mentioned the governor ended it. No, sweetie, the governor only instated a 2-week lockdown and she thinks that’s what ended the pandemic.

Jedi Knight Fett and Lady_Misty like this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I got another Covid exposure at work. The email says I am required to log in to a work App and report my temperature and symptoms to Employee Health twice a day. I was told I must quarantine myself to my house for 14 days...with the exception of going to work since I am an essential employee (if I don't have symptoms). So I can work but I can't go anywhere else? [face_thinking] My car will eventually run out of gas. Also I may need to buy some food. I know it is just my employer covering their butt. I get exposed at work and they want to be able to say, "We told her to only be at her home or work!" BTW this is my 5th exposure. This is the first time I read all of the small print in those employee emails. [face_laugh]

EDIT: Just to clarify...I am quarantining. I really don't have any social life anyway.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  5. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    *insert Harrison Ford voice*.......That's not how pandemics work!

Lady_Misty, AzureAngel2 and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Reminds me of some people here. Way back in early March, just before the initial lockdowns hit, there was a lot of buzz in the media, right or wrong, about "14 days to slow the spread". Way, way too many people here in Ohio (and probably other places) interpreted that as needing only 14 days of restrictions to completely eradicate the virus and then we can throw the doors wide open with zero restrictions and resume life as normal. Every time there's talk of new restrictions, people whine about how it was only supposed to last 14 days and everything beyond that is an unconstitutional arbitrary extension that infringes on their rights. They are wholly incapable of understanding that the science research into the virus changed dramatically in that time span as we gained better understanding of how it worked, and they think that once that initial statement was made about "14 days" that it was final, unalterable, divine knowledge that is impossible to change. No, idiots, we were making educated guesses because we barely understood it. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Wise words. I do hear you!

8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Welcome back, fellow teacher! How are you?

gizkaspice and Lady_Misty like this.
  9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I remember packing up my computer in March to work temporarily from home and it’s been 8 months. I recently had to go to the office for something and it freaked me out.

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Fan comic with a massive tissue alert:

(spoilered for image size, not because of actual spoilers that I'm aware of)

Artwork by Princepsed on Instagram

[​IMG]

11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Finally finished my marking and reporting for the year. So exhausted plus it’s so hot at the moment it’s difficult to do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amidalachick and Findswoman like this.
  12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Congratulations on finishing, though.

Jedi Knight Fett and Kit' like this.
  13. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Oh, gosh, wow, the feels.

jcgoble3 and amidalachick like this.
  15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I wore my Baby Yoda shirt today and felt so happy after last week’s episode. The shirt says “Feed me and tell me I’m cute.” I’m mentally changing it now.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I spent a good chunk of my day fighting with my medical insurance company trying to figure out why they denied a claim (well, actually two), and what I could do about it. I say fighting, but I'm never rude or blame the person on the phone, they have nothing to do with it. Turns out they don't cover a bunch of stuff I'm probably going to need, so that's fun. Ah... the joys of living in the U.S.[face_plain]

Mistress_Renata and Lady_Misty like this.
  17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh no Mav. That really sucks. Hopefully it's not too much. The US baffles me sometimes (okay, a lot of the time recently!)

I guess I really cant complain about my retainer breaking. I have a permanent retainer glued to the back of my teeth. The glue wears off every like 7 years - then breaks when I bite into something hard (that's what I get for trying to be healthy and snack on cucumbers). So I currently have a loose bit of metal in my mouth. Its more annoying than anything else. But it got my butt around to finally finding a dentist here. My sister got me into see hers next week. Apparently he's really hot - like note-worthy hot so it cant be all bad. Plus it will only cost like $30 to fix.

I had my first official day of work today and oh man, so much info and they are already loading me with all the tasks that have fallen through the cracks. Kinda overwhelmed and I had a moment of "I am so not qualified to do this" and then I realize while it has nothing to do with museums, a lot of my schooling did teach me a lot about grant writing and working with volunteers (which is what I'll be doing a lot of) so it's not exactly what I went to school for, but a lot of it applies. They've already gotten my grant extended from 2 months to 3.5 months and they are trying to get the max grant of 6 months for me. Plus tomorrow I get paid to go biking along trails and thursday I get paid to go hiking so I cant complain :p

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I want to get paid to go hiking. Glad it’s going well.

I got a nice camera for myself for my birthday and have been taking pictures of all sorts to experiment with its capabilities. This was fun when two friends and I went to high tea at the fanciest hotel in the city today and they’re both professional photographers, so I appreciated their tips and ideas.

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Owww.... I have one as well and it popped off once many years ago and it was quite painful stabbing into my tongue. Strangely, it's not popped off in like 15 years. They must have really glued it down that time. I'm sorry your first day was overwhelming! Hopefully it will calm down once you figure things out. But yay for extending the grant!

That's awesome, Ish! I love my DSLR, though I would love to take a class to learn it better. There are tons of free or reasonably priced ones online, I've just not done it yet. Yay!! for having professionals as your friends!

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Mine is a Canon EOS. I’ve been avidly taking pictures for years and have pictures of Boston harbor at sunset, Venice by moonlight, Austrian alps, Spanish cathedrals... I’m excited to see what I can do with more advanced equipment.

Anyone else look at Users Online and get the urge to PM people you haven’t talked to in years, but feel really awkward about it?

21. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Testimony that 2020 is a year of wack and WTF: I rescued a butterfly outside today...in DECEMBER?! Poor guy must have pupated early for some reason and now it's confused why it's alive. It got some sugar water and is happy now.

Depends on the relationship you had with them---if it was good and you want to check in, I say go for it. The worst is they don't reply.

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It’s 90% “OMG! I loved having you as a reader for fics. How the heck ARE you?” And that seems weirdly self-centered.

23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Had a interesting first week at my job. Half the jobs assigned to me I have no idea what Im doing but I'm figuring stuff out. Remote working when you are learning a whole new thing is stressful.

So I decided to celebrate the end of a very stressful week by watching the Lego Holiday Special (after this week's episode of the Mandalorian). Overall I agree with everything I heard about it. Fairly meh for the most part but, but the Emperor saves it.

Lady_Misty and DarthIshtar like this.
  24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    So I had a phone interview for an internship on Wednesday. Today I got an email from the recruiter asking to set up a second-round interview. So that's set for next Thursday afternoon. By then I should be done with the semester. I also have a potential bite on another lead, but the recruiter is taking forever to respond to the email I sent them with my availability, so I dunno.

Next week is finals week, but I have one class with no final (last regular exam was this morning, and that's it), one with an optional final (if you don't take it, you automatically get the average of your first two exams, which for me is 100%, so why bother), one final on Tuesday afternoon that I have to take, and one take-home final available now and due next Friday (but I'll probably be done well before then).

Lady_Misty and mavjade like this.
  25. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Are there more "Holiday Specials" out there? Seems like the concept is familiar to everyone in here (except me). I have scrolled through all I can find on Disney+ but I can find only this year's version. Good thing abouth the scrolling is that I found a season 7 of Clone Wars that I didn't know existed. So after yesterday's Mandalorian I watched the 3 first episodes of CW season 7.