main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Glad to hear :)

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I believe no-one owes it to anyone to explain their sexual orientation (especially not your family). I think there's this pressure in some aspects of the LGBTQA+ community for this whole big "coming out" and "revealing who you are". When the reality for some is that is far more dangerous... or just a massive headache you don't want to deal with.

I'm bisexual but I think I may lean more towards homoromantic relationships. At the same time, I am very happy single and have no urge to do any sort of dating, mostly because I LIKE my freedom (and the freedom to be a hermit and not engage in any sort of conversation for days at a time). My friends and my sister all know and understand this and thankfully I don't get much of the "when are you going to meet a nice man" from family... but I have no interest or desire to come out to my family... particularly while my grandmother is still alive.

ANYWAYS.

I'm so glad it improved your mental health so much! It's amazing what less stress can do!

Meanwhile I'm just exhausted. Neighbours had their music blasting until 2:30 AM! It's starting to get on my nerves (and I'm the person who lived with a theatre major for 2 years). I get that living in a condo is going to be loud, but it was completely fine till like a month ago. So I finally sent in a noise complaint.

But that doesn't help the fact that I'm just tired today. I thankfully dont work today [and I just got an email from my co-worker saying due to the cold-snap this week he's cancelling all programs (it's not that cold but I support his decision to play it safe in these times) so we are all on desk work which means I'll have more help getting my stuff done]. I spent most of my day yesterday at my sister's, which was fun, but it also means I feel like I got nothing accomplished in my own life yesterday. I'm going to try to do some tidying and laundry, but I have like zero energy.

gizkaspice, amidalachick and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    In other news, last month I took some excess scholarship money and a paycheck and made a $1,500 payment on my student loans (which had a $11,750 balance). That was my first student loan payment ever.

Well, Credit Karma told me this afternoon that my credit scores shot up by about 18 points, up to about 780 (on a 300 to 850 scale). I knew my student loans were dragging my credit score down, but I didn't realize that it was by so much that a single payment of 13% of the balance would cause my score to shoot up that much. That might have helped my mood a tiny bit. ;)

My goal is to use my internship wages and my tax refund to hopefully pay it off by the time I graduate, or at least before summer 2022 when I would start getting charged interest. Now that I have enough scholarship money to not need further loans, I have a chance to do so.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My family really stopped asking me about my love life. They do ask why I didn’t stay with my ex. (Um, because he wanted to kill me and tried?). My dad told me to do online dating because “men there don’t have standards. You’ll catch their eye.” I’m a very heterosexual person when I connect with someone, but don’t think people have any right to quantify and set rules for how people fall in love.

Fun fact: I found the term demisexual in 2018 and didn’t know until then that the protagonist I wrote into my book was demisexual until then, 6 years after I wrote the first draft. I had a bisexual character come out to me before I wrote her, but never had a character wave her hands and go “I’ve been telling you I’m this way from the start!” about her love life.

gizkaspice and amidalachick like this.
  5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Wow, the Phantom Of The Opera would relate to this post so hard. Assuming, of course, that he realized most of it was sarcastic and meant pretty much the opposite of what it actually said. :)

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    If Erik were on these boards, I think he’d have more issues than not understanding sarcasm.

gizkaspice and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Are we talking the book or the musical here? Because the book's Phantom ain't as sympathetic as the musical.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s why I usually put :p if I am making a joke

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I’m talking the book. That guy who built the illusions and had a way of flooding the opera house basement with Raoul in it with the turn of a beetle and was oh so normal in his interactions is Miss Daae.

I think he’d be banned for baiting and flaming very quickly, for instance.

10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    So. Lockdown update:

11 January they opened the primary schools.
    19 January they opened the shops.
    29 January we went back into "soft" lockdown.
    01 February they opened the intermediate schools.
    10 February we're going back into "hard" lockdown. And we don't even have the more aggressive variants of the virus here yet.

Meanwhile, we're all making steady progress on the road to insanity.

Sigh. Off to figure out a bunch of activities for the kids now that they'll all be staying at home.

DarthIshtar likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What ages are we talking about?

Chyntuck likes this.
  12. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    @Gamiel Seven kids from almost 6 to 9-and-a-half. Plus an almost-one-year-old and a new baby that should be turning up soon. [face_skull] We're basically just going to hold a parents' summit and organise shifts. My cousin just called to say that she's preparing wine and snacks.

Mistress_Renata and Gamiel like this.
  13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I'm thinking Gerard Butler from the 2008 (I think?) POTO movie.

I also think I might have opened a small can of worms here. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    gizkaspice and DarthIshtar like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't know about the older kids but something that works surprisingly well for the 6 years old I have taken care of is nature documentaries, extremely well if it about dinosaurs

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    For me, it’s the guy on Broadway in 1999 who was just shy of Mark Hamill’s Joker at times. Gerard butler had an interesting energy, but I spent years hearing about the sexual tension he has and don’t want to get into that. :)

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Colouring books? Get a huge roll of paper or a paper table-cloth and let them go to town on it? Pillow forts? Cardboard box fort (I might have made one for my cats in between having jobs). Puzzles (You can even make your own). Origami. We used to play hide and go seek with stuffed animals as kids! That was fun. Basically we all had the same number of stuffed animals and we could easily identify our own, then we would set a timer and go hide them and then try to find everyone else's.

Whatever you do, you definitely deserve those snacks and wine.

We are in a middle of a polar vortex here. Its not bad since I'm at like the southern end of it, so its only like -10C to -15, but where I'm from, it's like -44. My poor mom is just miserable. Tomorrow is supposed to be the coolest day. Normally I could just avoid going outside (advantages of a pandemic guess?), but I do gotta run out, drop something off at the office and pick up a package (I owe import fees - blah - first time in years I've been dinged to pay more upon delivery).

My package is my new adapted keyboard which I'm super excited for. I'll basically have to learn a new method of typing but it will hopefully negate my wrist pain. But maybe not experiencing sometimes excruciating pain to type will bring back my muse?? (Or I'm just going to be so slow I'll just get frustrated and annoyed.

18. Ihsan997

Ihsan997 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 7, 2021
    To cope with my 9 y/o having to spend so much time as home due to COVID restrictions, I got him into DIY arts and crafts videos. He watches them on the TV screen since we don’t let him watch videos on any personal devices (we wouldn’t be able to monitor what he’s seeing), and once he finds a video he likes, he has a whole art cart we got him full of supplies to work with. When he’s done, we’ll send pictures to both his teachers as well as my parents to sort of celebrate the stuff he makes. It’s a nice, constructive way to spend his time since he’s on a reduced school day.

Of course, he’s only one kid. I don’t know how the arts and crafts thing would work with seven children...perhaps they could work on collaborative projects to see if they enjoy it?

Chyntuck and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The PotO movie with Gerard Butler was from '04

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I fount this funny and hope some other will:

[​IMG]

from

Chyntuck and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    You’re right because my ex got mad at me for crying at “Pitiful creature of darkness, what kind of life have you known?” He couldn’t believe I was disgusted that a pretty girl kissed an ugly guy. It couldn’t have been, you know, that it was a moving moment of compassion and desperation and I always cry at that point. I was long gone in 2008.

22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    This really reminds me of the story of a Turkish girl who saved an 'ugly' kitten that was ignored by everyone because it was ugly and disfigured but just really needed help. Article here for interest (warning, sad images). Stuff like this makes me really sad--to be afraid of something that obviously needs help is like....the ultimate definition of being a heartless ass IMO.

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Istanbul has cats everywhere. I even found one drying off in The Hagia Sophia. I love that some people take care of them. I’m not able to have pets, but there’s a business nearby that fosters cats before helping with adoptions and I like going there to let them get some attention.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Man all the countries I want to go to are to dangerous. I wish I could go to Syria or Ukraine that would be dope as hell. Especially seeing where my great grandparents grew up.

Chyntuck and gizkaspice like this.
  25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My dad’s been to Sweden, which is where my great-grandfather came from. The rest were already here.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.