main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My old cat died :( and my other cat appeared lonely, so I looked online to see if there were any cats for adoption nearby. I saw this cute little orange kitten on the local Animal Control's Facebook page. It is not a 'no kill' shelter, so the staff really tries hard to get all the animals adopted out as soon as possible. They don't want to have to put them down. So I get there and I say I want the orange kitten and the staff member says the little guy has a littermate. He has a little brother that they play together all the time. I didn't want to get two cats. We pull the orange cat out of the cage and the brother starts crying and reaching out for his brother. Damn!

So I now have my Crazy Cat Lady starter kit. I brought both of them home. Those two kittens are playing with each other constantly. I am so glad I didn't separate the two. My older cat (that is still under a year old) is playing with them. He doesn't look upset at the new additions but lets the kittens chase him around.

:)

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Awwww! my heart! That is so cute and I'm so happy you got both!

We need names and pics!

Chyntuck, gizkaspice and amidalachick like this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am leaning toward the names Fry and Bender since the cat that died was called Nibbler. I am a Futurama fan.

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Got a phone call this morning from one of the employers I recently interviewed with. They offered me the job! [face_party] Now I just have to hold for a couple of days to see if the other company sends me a job offer (as I'd prefer that one). But by the end of this week, the job hunt will be done and over with (and I'm already through and done with interviews).

5. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    That's so sweet! Good call for not separating them, seems they are very bonded together. When I adopted my cat, he had his mom and many brothers/sisters but really didn't seem to care being separated from them. Sometimes I wonder if he misses them though or remembers them at all.

Chyntuck and amidalachick like this.
  6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    And the other company just called me to offer the job as well. So now I have two job offers to pick from. I think I want today's offer, but I'm first going to bounce it off a few people I know tomorrow to get some thoughts and submit my decisions on Thursday.

7. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Congrats on the offers, that's awesome news!

Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Congratulations on the two offers, that's such awesome news.

Today, my co-workers and I spent 8 hours in a meeting with the president of the charity. It was at his house so we were able to do it in person without masks (there were only 6 of us). We got a lot of clarity on some big picture stuff but it was a lot. We went an hour overtime and my brain hurts (this might be a start to a migraine but I don't think so, thankfully). I wanted to write this evening but I'm in pure vegetation mode (new phrase).

9. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    I'm tired everyday and now I understand how some people have no motivation for fanfic or anything else in life which is partly the reason I'm barely here anymore. And I had so many ideas for Mando Mango stories and now....now it's just.....DRIED MANGO :_|:_|

I also probably need to go to bed early :p Hopefully that fixes things.

Chyntuck, amidalachick and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Would it help you to know, @gizkaspice, that the kids in my crèche group had a vegan bread spread today?!? One that contained MANGO, but also papaya and curry. Does that spice up your life?!? ;)

(I also need to go to bed now, because I need to start at 7am tomorrow morning. It has been a tough week until now, but my new colleague and I push one another through it somehow.)

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sleep fixes a lot of things. Except for my vegetation mode from last night. I feel like I've gotten so little done today at work (which isn't true, I did finish a grant application). I have less than an hour left of work and my brain just wants to write fanfic but my body just wants to be on the couch.

I am taking Friday off, which is nice... unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to run a few errands. I need to renew my car insurance. I applied to do it online but no one has gotten back to me.

12. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    *Commences whining. Feel free to skip.*

I'm tired all the time lately. For example: I slept for about ten hours last night (though I did wake up multiple times, and said sleep was wracked by long convoluted dreams that I find hard to believe literally lasted only mere seconds) and I'm just waiting to take a nap and sleep three more hours. Oh, I know why--it has to be the two weeks of veterinary drama with my special needs cat, and it's not over yet--they still don't know what her latest problem is, and I just found out she needs to have bloodwork done again. That and she has reached a nadir with her food aversion issues. I'm in a desperate Dear Hills Science Diet mood (Dear Hills Science Diet: Would it kill you to make prescription food that actually has flavor in it?) I ordered another kind of kidney diet food my vet recommended, sort of a last chance at the ok corral type thing, but I don't have it because FedEx ****ed up and it's stuck in processing somewhere in Texas.

So now I'm waiting for both the specialty vet and FedEx to call back, so I can't take a nap yet. And I'm really tired.

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The job hunt is officially, finally over. I accepted an offer this afternoon. Now soon I have to start the apartment hunt.

14. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Count me in for the 'tired all the time' club. This sums it up and is one of the most relatable lyrics I've ever heard (yes, it's Springsteen :p):

I ain't nothin' but tired
    Man, I'm just tired and bored with myself

[face_laugh]

Oh, that sounds delicious!

@Pandora: I'm so sorry to hear about everything going on with your cat! That's so stressful and scary. Sending lots of good vibes and healing thoughts for her. [:D]

@jcgoble3: Congrats on accepting the offer and getting the job! That's so exciting!

15. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] And this just made my day, dear Azure! Thank you!

My cat also needs special kidney diet food. Have you tried Royal Canin? The Renal Support E wetfood looks very flavourable.

Congrats!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That sucks. I'm sorry. Vet drama sucks. My co-worker is currently in a battle between her pet insurance and the vet so I've listened to many rants. Hope you find out her issue and find something she'll eat.

Congratulations!

I am very much looking forward to my long weekend. My sister and I both MIGHT go couch shopping. She just sold her couch and I've needed a new one since moving (long story short, when I moved I wasnt able to bring my old couch and I knew I wasnt going to get to the city until the night before my move-in slot... so I sent my sister out a week before to pick me out a couch and schedule the delivery... EXCEPT MY SISTER SUCKS AT PICKING OUT COUCHES. This thing is so uncomfortable, I can feel the wood under my butt and the thin layer of padding has wrinkled and folded in areas making it worse. It wasnt that expensive so my plan was just to deal with it for a few months, then sell it... then covid hit so I've been relaxing on a slab of wood for 2 years). I'm kinda doubtful I'll find anything (global shipping crisis and all), but it'll be fun to look. Part of me is kinda hoping I'll eventually figure out how to get my old couch out of my mom's basement and 800kms across the province but that's unlikely too.

17. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Thanks for reading my whinge and commiserating, everyone.

Well, I have some good news about the last ditch kidney diet food: while FedEx never called me as I was told they would, I checked the tracking and the package managed to escape the gravity well that is the FedEx center in Hutchins, TX and is now in Montana. I should get it tomorrow. Since every silver lining must have its cloud, however, my father is already convinced she won't eat this stuff, and just has to tell me this on a regular basis--as if that possibility has not already occurred to me, because it has. But there's only one way to find out, and if it does prove to be a failure, I had to try. I'm also expecting some cans of Hills Science Diet pate--which is this bland dull looking paste stuff that she has always disdained, but has now been the only stuff she reliably eats, which I don't get but am not about to question--from my vet clinic. Of course, my father thinks she won't eat this food anymore either, and does not keep this opinion to himself.

@gizkaspice : Yes, I have tried Royal Canin. (I should have included them with Hills in my pleading letter.) I have a stack of boxes of their canned chunks in gravy presently gathering dust in the pantry. She used to like this so much that we called it the Good Stuff. Then last October, suddenly and without any warning, the good stuff wasn't so good anymore. I was doing better with their dry food--I was combining every flavor they have to offer with several flavors of Hills' dry food in a "party mix," and that worked for quite a while. Until recently: now she won't even look at the stuff. She will eat individual flavors, but I have to try several flavors through trial and error before she will lower herself to eat.

And she needs to eat: she lost so much weight (both from being sick, and from the cause for her emergency surgery two weeks ago--which was a separate situation which is now happily resolved) and she's barely eating enough to maintain weight, let alone gain it.

But she does want to eat. Just not the food she's allowed to have. She has busted into the regular and forbidden cat food she still loves and snarfed all the Mouthfuls--and yes, that word needs to be capitalized--she could get before she got caught several times. And considering that I just tonight found the bowl out on the table, unguarded, with a deep well eaten into the food, well--I'm pretty sure she did it again...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004

19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @Pandora: Hang in there! And I hope your pet recovers.

One of my best study pals has a rather ancient cat of 16 years. He is a ginger, half Maincoon & half Angora. She pays a lot of medical bills for his arthritis injections in the UK.

And a dear childhood friend of mine has all this expensive dog food for her black Labrador. But the poor thing has severe stomach problems anyway, throwing up a lot since months.

@gizkaspice: Well, most of my day is filled with 17 toddlers. So, when I come home in the evening, I really call it a day. Like tonight. As nice as it can be and as much as I love doing my proficiency, the entire week I was/ am tired to the bone. I can't even follow the plot of a "Profiling Paris" / "Profilage" episode on TV anymore.

@amidalachick: I did not taste it myself, but I was busy checking that the two ladies at my table (=1 year and 3 months old) did not drown in the stuff.

At the other table a small lad of the same age also looked like he had had a shower in that stuff.

Only one of my "mentor children", who sat at my colleague's table, was eating in a more dignified way. But he is almost 3 years old (well, in January).

The other children (9 kids to be precise) would not touch the yellow stuff and eyed it suspiciously. They rather fell for the fake sausage. A soy composition.

Chyntuck, amidalachick and gizkaspice like this.
  20. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    That does sound so yummy! I've been trying a lot of Japanese recipes lately.

OMG, those kitties, @Jedi_Lover!

I here you on the cat food, @Pandora. There seems to be nationwide shortages, for some time now. My guy was on a that urinary/kidney diet, too. Ordered it online & it got cancelled twice! So I was scrounging non-prescription urinary diet food from local stores. After his last checkup, however, the vet said that he's put on too much weight (like mother, like kitty), and so I'm scrounging trying to find the lo-cal/weight loss/indoor cat formulas. Not easy to find. I've cut back on portion size. His Majesty is NOT amused. I sometimes wish I had an evil human doling out my food. I have to try on my work clothes. I have no idea if they still fit.

Good luck on the couch search, @Briannakin! You spend enough time on it; you deserve one that is comfortable.

Not much going on here. Trying to catch up to work after a tumultuous summer. I'm headed back to Mom's for Thanksgiving, to help her continue sorting out stuff of Dad's and give her some moral support. She wants me to bring the furball, but I may pass because it is a very long trip for him.

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I ended up at the hospital for 6 hours last night because my blood pressure was really high and that doesn't mix well with pregnancy. :( And now I'll have to get weekly testing and will most likely have to be induced at 37 weeks which was NOT in my plan (and the thing I wanted to happen the least). Oh well, if it's for the best, then that's what needs to happen. But I don't have to be happy about it. [face_sigh]

Ugh, I'm sorry there is so much going on with your cat. We had a similar issue with my dog, he's on a prescription diet (and whoo boy, is that expensive!) and it was really hard for us to find one he'd eat. And even this one he goes through phases where he still doesn't want to eat it.

Yay!!! Congratulations!! I know that's a load off your mind! =D=[face_party]

Yeah, furniture is really taking a hit in the shipping crisis. I've seen people wait 6 months or more for things that usually would have taken a week or two.
    You could always tie the other couch to the top of your car. :p

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm sorry. I hope you feel better and it all works out [:D]
    Yeah. We have a plot at work. Basically (because we are a nonprofit) we work on a bunch of folding tables... which can get dangerous (one of them randomly collapsed the other day sending both a laptop and a desktop computer flying). HOWEVER, part of my family's business is demolitions and they clean out a lot old schools and sell the contents before demolishing them, so on my uncle's farm, there's a warehouse FULL of desks. My family is 100% willing to donate us a bunch of them... so we have a plot to steal a work van, go get a bunch of desks and my couch... the only problem is the 16 hour round trip it would take.

But yeah, I've heard even the selection of furniture out there right now isnt that great and prices are quite high, so I guess I'll see tomorrow.

23. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    OMG OMG They're a Blackie and a Millicent!
    @AzureAngel2 @amidalachick @Mistress_Renata @Chyntuck

:D:D[face_love]

Actually, the Blackie seems like a Pseudo-Millicent if you look closely.. or like...a Black-Millicent.. @Chyntuck would be the expert on this.

Ok, shutting up now. :p

24. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Was thinking that, @gizkaspice, but wasn't gonna say anything! [face_laugh] I love the one paw, planted firmly to keep the 'pillow' from moving.

You won't regret getting them both, @Jedi_Lover. Black cats are the best! And the hardest to find adoptions for, apparently. (I'm biased, my Feline Overlord is black, of course).

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    Chyntuck, amidalachick and gizkaspice like this.
  25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    OMG THE CUTENESS! They are so adorable @Jedi_Lover! [face_love][face_love]

:eek: OMG they are! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Chyntuck and gizkaspice like this.