main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I’ll be here 21 years in March.

@Lady_Misty, my sympathies. My mom had to take over my dad deciding on his insulin management because his method is to eat what he wants and then do some rough estimates. When he had surgery a few years ago, he put himself into shock this way.

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Congrats! Your account is almost old enough to drink a beer. :p

Chyntuck, Lady_Misty and amidalachick like this.
  3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I remember my dormmates throwing me a party that year and they were trying to come up with things that I could do now that I was 21. The answer in the end was “be a missionary!” because I don’t drink or gamble. It was good for a laugh.

This was the year that I missed my surprise party because no one told me to be in my dorm on my birthday and after I finished a paper on campus, I stayed at the library for the 2001 fanfic awards, where I won best author among a couple of other things. But no one thought to get me to stay in my room until three days later.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I’m finally finished my epic cleaning spree. Took 3 days, pulled a muscle in my back, but so very worth it. I have some other things I need to get accomplished during my time off, and tomorrow is going to be full of errands (hopefully, if the roads are decent, I have to get my booster anyway tomorrow), but it feels so great to have a really clean house for the first time in months.

I kinda want to read or write something but I also just want to lay on my couch and not move for several hours.

Chyntuck and amidalachick like this.
  5. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I would say that you've earned laying on your couch and not moving for several hours!

6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Double post because it's been three days.

What's up, all? I was put on a team at work Friday afternoon, and this week is the quarterly project-wide planning week, so I've been stuck in planning meetings at work all day for three days and still have two more days of planning to go.

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Fun times.

Not much. My day of errands on Monday was successful but my booster left me with a mild but still annoying headache. And since I’ve just been sitting around my house writing and watching movies that are no newer than 2005. Not my first choice for a vacation but it’s making the best out of
    a suckish situation. I’m not a huge movie watcher, my attention span is more suited to binge watching TV shows so this feels like a change. However I should have planned for this 'trappedcation’ and gotten some interesting midnight snacks or a small craft, just something different to do.

edited the following morning: I made a hair appointment for today like a month ago, just for something fun to do, plus my Mohawk has just fallen off the “scruffy looking” phase and into “oh my god it looks awful". But the only time I could get was an early afternoon. I'm kinda weird in that I don’t like mornings but I prefer morning appointments. At least you just get up and go. I'm just kinda sitting around working on my Lego project killing time, not really wanting to get into a movie or anything else if I just need to drop it and go in like a half hour. Is anyone else like this or am I just weird?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Current status: impatiently waiting for my first paycheck to be deposited. Also impatiently waiting for my 401(k) account to update and show my contribution.

9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Update on my FIL

The surgery went well. He's home and spending his day in my recliner and sleeping on the futon in the dining room.

They replaced the cast they put on after the surgery with a fiberglass one, the stables will come out this coming Monday and a physical and is coming over to see him.

My MIL and FIL FINALLY might get the help they need with the house which will be a Godsent.

The van is at a dealership for the replacement part because ‘a mechanic with their own shop doesn't know what they're talking about’ apparently (she's also a woman sp that might have played into their judgment of the situation).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Today, I’ve had two siblings, one sister-in-law, three nephews, and one niece test positive. And one family member who’s gloating to the whole family that they’re negative. I want to say, “Hey, Nero. Stop fiddling while Rome is burning.”

Also, Courtship of Princess Leia author Dave Wolverton fell and suffered a hemmorhagic stroke today. Since he’s a fixture around here for scifi and fantasy fans and writers, I’ve been getting updates from students he mentored and writers he encouraged. At last report, they’re waiting for family to come before deciding to take him off of support because he has such extensive injuries. I remember him asking a room of writers for examples of memorable villains and when I replied, “Prince Isolder,” he was a good sport about it.

It’s been kind of an awful day emotionally for me.

Update: Dave passed away 6 hours ago.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @};- He was a great author.

And about Omikron spreading, it also came around to me. I tested positive on Wednesday. 3 more kindergarten teacher colleagues in my team are down... ALL BOOSTERED LIKE ME.

Please stay well & healthy! AND TAKE CARE!

12. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Sorry to hear @AzureAngel2 . This virus spares no one, it seems. I hope you feel better soon! Hope to see you around more.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My prayers are with you. My niece got it from a classmate because Utah schools will NOT close when this is clearly a hoax. The schools around here are currently taking a longer weekend so people can get through quarantine.

14. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Hoping for a speedy recovery for you, @AzureAngel2! And lots of hugs and good vibes to both you and @DarthIshtar. [:D][:D]

Same! I'd rather get things done and over with because otherwise I feel like I'm just waiting around and it interrupts my day.

AzureAngel2, gizkaspice and Chyntuck like this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes, this! I'd rather do an early morning appointment because 1) I actually do not like being a night owl, it's just what my body forces on me, and I want to get up early more often and morning appointments help me drag myself out of bed earlier; and 2) a mid-afternoon appointment leaves me feeling in the morning that I can't start anything at all for fear that I don't have enough time to finish it, so I waste my morning on Facebook instead and then often the result is that I accomplish nothing that day because I don't have enough time after the appointment to finish stuff.

That was actually a major problem with my last semester of college: I had mid-afternoon classes four days a week, so I never could get anything done in the mornings or early afternoons.

Of course, now my alarm is going off at 6am five days a week because I have to adult 40 hours a week. :p So getting up early isn't a problem anymore, the problem is now getting to bed early enough to get a decent night of sleep. I've had several nights the past two weeks with just 3 to 4 hours of sleep because my circadian rhythm has yet to adjust my bedtime.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Eeek. Hope you get feeling better Azure. It seems to be going though everywhere. I won’t be surprised if we see more full scale shut downs. Stay safe everyone.

Ugh. Yes. All these things! I’m glad I’m not alone.

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My best friend texted me in October and asked me to apply for a job at her kids’ school. Then they had to hold off on hiring over the holidays. On Monday, parents brought up the empty position at a board meeting. My friend had told me to hold off on sending in my resume for a bit, but then asked me to get everything in this week.

So, with a lot of help and proofreading (during which the first three people didn’t notice that I was applying for a Spanish job and didn’t mention once that I, you know, speak Spanish) and coaching on a letter of introduction to the headmaster, I sent one reference, one resume, and one letter. My friend is writing her own reference before sending it. M

I don’t know if anything will happen, but it’s shutting up the friend who’s sometimes been rude about my job stress because I never apply for a new job.

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Super excited that my Cincinnati Bengals just won their first playoff game in 31 years! :D :D :D :D :D Nothing else matters right now.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    As a Red Sox fan who cried and screamed when they won the World Series for the first time in 86 years, I can relate.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    So I started my vacation not really caring if I messed up my sleep schedule, sometimes you just gotta say screw it, particularly when you take your (much needed) break from work at a time when there’s not much you can do (between the pandemic and poor weather). But I actually wasn’t doing too bad. My normal sleep schedule is going to sleep around 12:30 and waking at 8:30 (as JC said, I hate being a night person but that’s what my body feels is right. My current employment doesn’t really care so I have little motivation to wake up any earlier than needed), but my natural sleep schedule is from about 2 to 10.

But damn it! I woke up this morning at 7:30 with an ear infection. I fumbled around for some drops, then went back to bed. I didn’t wake up till 12. :mad:I don’t have anything that needs to be done today (other than maybe some laundry to be folded and put away). I still don’t feel totally great (vertigo is not fun) but it feels like I’m waisting the last day of my vacation. I technically don’t work tomorrow but I do have a dentist appointment (really poor planning on my part).

okay. Rant over. I think I’ll feel less annoyed once I eat breakfast. Maybe I’ll just wrap myself in blankets, and begin a new fic.

21. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Hi everyone! Just dropping by to say hi, wish you a happy 2022 (I'd settle for "less crappy than 2021" if I were you), distribute congratulations and get-better-soons as needed and hold you all in a big group hug.

No dramatic news over here in Chyntuckopolis. Lots and lots (and more lots) of work at work, lots of family business at home, Covid out of control of course and basically just trying to keep it together. Chyntuquita is growing up and contrary to what I expected she's keeping me even busier than before. I can't believe that the overgrown shrimp who came to us back in 2019 has already turned into an almost-7-year-old mademoiselle with opinions about everything and a very determined, final way of expressing them. To give you an idea she tends to sound a bit like Hermione Granger saying "we could have been killed, or worse, expelled" in the first Harry Potter movie, so conversations with her are a wild ride. Mr Chyn is pretty good at not bursting out laughing when she says something like that, but I just can't help myself, and, well, let's just say that spitting whatever I'm drinking out through my nose has become a regular occurrence.

One of my resolutions for 2022 is to be more often on the boards, even if just for a bit, rather than dropping off the face of the Earth for months at a time. It's off to a bad start seeing as it took me 17 days already to turn up in the first place, but here I am and I'll try to keep it up.

[:D]

22. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Great to hear from you!

In case anyone is interested, here's a video my new place:

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lovely place Nehru! Great view!

Welcome back Chyn! Glad you are doing well… or as well as can be expected these days. Your daughter sounds like a hoot!

Dentist appointment on my last day of vacation (more like stuckation) was not my brightest idea (in my defence, this was booked prior to my time off). Thankfully its not till much later in the afternoon (and I did manage to get my sleep schedule somewhat back on track), so I have some time to actually work on something before I have to think about facing the snow.

24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    So you're the primary reason I have 80 alerts! [face_laugh] Welcome back and do please try to come around more often. Not only do we want to hear from you more often, but it sorta would be nice to have all of your likes more spread out. :p

25. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I for one enjoyed getting 20+ notifications solely from @Chyntuck (because then I have things to go through instead of working :p) but yeah, let's have you here more often!