main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Just saw this and thought of you.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for the well wishes everybody. Especially @Kahara, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @earlybird-obi-wan, @Darth Gangrenous, @gizkaspice, @DarthIshtar, @amidalachick and @Briannakin. (You new place looks nice, @Nehru_Amidala.)

Today I felt good enough to have a decent shower and now I am looking less like a cave troll. I live and sleep in the living-room since Thursday afternoon.

In so far my husband, DarthUncle, still tests negative everyday. Because Berlin laboratories cannot deal with the PCR tests any more, he does expensive self-tests from the pharmacy and not from the discounter. He had symptoms, but the tests said negative anyway.

My créche team of 7 people is 5 people down now.

Since the District Ministry of Health that did my PCR test on Thursday is totally overtaxed as well, I got into e-mail contact with the family doctor, because they are so busy that they cannot answer the phone. I will get my sick leave papers via the good old postal way and send off DarthUncle to the letter box, which is a 5 minute walk away.

I also happen to have several letters and postcards for dear friends and sweet acquaintances that need posting. The first person to send me a lovely card was @Ceillean, bless her! It arrived on Saturday morning.

The headaches and sore throat are slightly better, my brain feels less like an old mouldy bread. My concentration is still not the best.

I hope I can do some reading for the rest of the day, since I just finished writing all those letters and post cards. After just 5 minutes of watching "Poldark" Season 1 on DVD my brain simply switched off. (But perhaps it´s Poldark itself... should have gone for another BBC drama series or an Jane Austen movie adoption.)

One dear friend from boarding-school days even send me a solitaire game. I am Friday and need to help faulty Robinson to become a better, kinder person. Together we will be able to defeat the pirates if he is more the man he should be. But that game has to wait for now.

Please all stay safe! There is a knock against the living-room door. It must be "the fish monger" with my fish... I did nicely ask for tagliatelle with salmon and mushrooms.

Without my husband I would really starve or dehydrate in my quarantine. He is so brave. The flat is like a fridge, because we open the windows a lot. And he has so much house hold tasks to manage on his own: the laundry, the cooking, the dirty dishes,... It took him a while to sort out the grocery shopping that got delivered to us yesterday round 6pm. Apart from my small physalis box all other items (42 but the way) where there. I did order no meat, because we either go to supermarkets that have a meat counter or to a real butcher whom we trust. But since DarthUncle is eager to distance himself with me in quarantine, he does not enter a supermarket or a butcher shop.

I do not think that I will hear anything from the District Ministry of Health. So I will do a test on day 7 and if that is negative, I will return to work as soon as possible. Provided, that I still not feel like a person who had a bantha step-dancing on him/ her.

Please take all good care of yourselves and your beloved ones! [face_good_luck]

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I’m glad you’re so well cared for. My sister’s case has been the worst, but she’s having an easier time breathing now and is out of bed. The kids are doing fine.

4. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh no! Eeeek! I do hope you feel better! At least you are well cared for!

Today was my first day back at work and it was interesting. We got a package of rapid Covid tests which we divided up (so at least if I start showing symptoms I can test and not worry about procuring a test). My co-worker announced she’s going on maternity leave early (I don’t blame her, between everything going on and her own difficulties), tomorrow is her last day, so it was pretty much “welcome back and congratulation on your temporary promotion!”. At least she let me finish my vacation. And finally, we found out that we have a fire inspection tomorrow… but we discovered the office (which is a house) is zoned as a “at home business” and there is TECHNICALLY someone living in the basement. But just to be safe we hid a bunch of our work stations in a closet, found an air mattress to make a bedroom in one of the offices, and most of us are working from home tomorrow.

Can I have another vacation please? This could be a plot to a sit com
    [​IMG]

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    That is definitely a sitcom.

Today at work, I was assigned my first task and immediately blew a hole in it by pointing out that the cleanup policy I was supposed to configure doesn't work the way they thought it would, and they would have known that if they had just thought to read the documentation helpfully linked from the top of the config page they told me to edit. [face_plain] (I was... a bit more polite with them than I'm being here.) Anyway, they found a workaround, and I finished it quickly and moved on to a second task. Feels good to actually be coding professionally at last.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, the madness with my missing quarantine papers continues and my family doctor finally send me my sick leave papers, but that sick leave starts on the 17th January and not the 13th. The day I got tested.

All that I have as proof that I got tested positive with SARS-Cov2 is a message on my mobile phone. Via the Corona WarnApp of the German government. Nothing more.

The dicrict Ministry of Health that tested me, because I work there, did not pass it on to the other district Ministry of Health, where I live. I found out after being on the phone for 1 hour, forced to wait with that ridiculous music. The kind man from the "Bürgertelefon" (the citizen Hotline) asked me to get through to the place where I got tested. (Here in Berlin the civil servants are so busy with their never-ending pile of files that they do not answer their phone calls but have phone operators doing that for them.) Anyway, I managed to get through 2x after about 20 minutes waiting with the most dreadful music imaginable. But each time the Hotline operator wanted to put me through to somebody official, the line collapsed. This is no fun whatsoever!

I send my husband to the letter box for my employer, which I also tried to get on the phone in vain for quite a while. On the way back home DarthUncle made a test in a nearby pharmacy again. We still wait for the outcome.

Oh and I also called one of my bosses at my work place to let her know about the still missing quarantine papers & the delayed sick leave document.

I did all that is possible from my quarantine in the living-room. There is nothing more I can do. Therefore I am pretty exhausted right now and cannot stop coughing like a mad person. This really, really gets to me.

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am sorry that you are sick @AzureAngel2. This morning I had a fever and I feel awful. I called Employee Health and I am getting tested this afternoon. This morning I got a contact trace notification that one of my patients that I cared for all weekend came up positive with Covid. I am hoping it is a mild case since I have to be fully vax'd for work. This sucks.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  9. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    @Jedi_Lover oh no! That does suck, best wishes and hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with all the bureaucracy on top of being sick @AzureAngel2. I'm glad you have your husband to take care of you, and continuing to wish you and your household a quick recovery and good health!

[:D][:D]

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    @AzureAngel2 Lousy German rules. Even worse than those here in the Netherlands.

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ugh, Azure, I’m so sorry. Dealing with bureaucracy sucks at the best of times.

Eeeek. Jedi Lover! I hope it’s a super mild case.

Part of me is considering a change in job or going back to school (spending my day creating social media posts kills my soul)… the other part of me is really thankful I currently live a lifestyle where if (or more likely when) I get sick, I can basically tell the world to shove it and hibernate for however long.

12. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    As someone who spent nearly the first two years of the pandemic as a student, RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! :p Don't even think about going back to school until the world has returned to normal.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I know, I know. I keep telling myself I am so thankful I graduated in January 2020 (ha I think Monday marked exactly 2 years) and I wouldn't seriously consider applying until when (or if) the world gets back to normal. Under the current circumstances the "second half" of me definitely wins every time.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Maybe Omikron helps us out of the pandemic.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    An equally sick colleague helped me to fish my positive test result out of the internet. I am so grateful to her. When you have trouble reading, concentrating, breathing and being close to faint to load down a document file is pure anguish.

I will sleep for the rest of the day. All this hustle costed me too much energy.

Yesterday, around noon, I had several outbreaks of cold sweat and I felt like fainting each time. I also felt like throwing up, did not happen either. Today this continues and breathing is slightly difficult now & then. It feels like a bantha standing on my chest.

There is nothing mild about how things go... and I am boostered. I ask myself how it would be if I was not boostered.

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    That’s awful. I hope things improve for you.

I’ve been anxious for a week since my roommate’s cold over Christmas seemed to get worse recently. She was insisting it was allergies and that didn’t make sense to me given the season. Then she mentioned that her weekly gaming group is in a house with 8 dogs, to which she is also allergic. She’s negative and I should be less freaked out by her sounding like she does during pollen season.

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Eeek. Yeah, sleep Azure. People’s experience with this thing, even vaccinated people’s is so varied.

That is very considering Ish. Even if she was negative at one point, doesn’t mean she’s out of the clear, obviously.

So, less sucky but my car won’t start. It’s most definitely the battery, I probably just need a jump (and to replace the battery, the thing is 8 years old and hasn’t been driven much in the past 2 years) so I’m stuck at home until someone can give me a boost (my sister can come by on the weekend). PROBABLY not the worst thing not to go into the office right now given the current situation (there’s only 5 of us but still, omicron seems to be going through everywhere). But my car is getting up there and if it’s going to start to get annoying, I’m considering trading it in. I was going to buy a new car after I moved but then the world went and got crazy. Anyways, I love my Soul but I really want to go hybrid.

18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am negative for COVID. I got really sick but it might be because I got the shingles vaccine Tuesday and had a bad reaction. I got a huge red lump on my arm. I thought it might be COVID because I had close contact with a number of people that I later discovered had the disease.

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I’m glad it’s not Covid and there’s a logical explanation for feeling crummy. Hope you get feeling better!

Today was just one of those holy interruptus Batman days. I got a call from the oral surgeon about my consultation (finally getting my wisdom teeth out), then I had three packages arrive - and they needed to confirm I was home for one of them so maybe it’s a good thing I couldn’t get into work today. My brain is just feeling in 8 different places now. I was hoping to be able to write this evening but I don’t think my brain is going to go for it.

20. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Hey, sometimes our brains need a break. Rest up, and the rest should follow.

amidalachick, Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    @AzureAngel2 You're very welcome for the card. And thank you for all those lovely messages you keep sending.

@Darth Gangrenous Long time no see. :D How are you?
    Since I've deleted Facebook, I feel like I've lost all my online friends. :(

22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Azure [:D][:D][:D]

I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope you feel better. People keep saying this new virus is 'mild' but obviously do not understand how it can affect someone else. I'm glad you are boosted and at least didn't end up in hospital. Take care!

amidalachick, Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hey, du, bin doch hier...

* considers seriously spamming you, dear @Ceillean, with What's App messages right now

But my concentration is too bad for that and even typing this text here hurts my eyes.

* continues to listen to Dietmar Wunder & Detlef Bierstedt being brilliant together in the audio plays of John Sinclair

I think of leaving Facebook and What's App, too, but not everyone that I care for has Threema or Skype.

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006