main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Preach the truth!

amidalachick, Kahara and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    This morning, my bank informed me that my balance had lowered by $30.17. I immediately read this as “I only have $30 left and I’m leaving for a trip in three days!” No, it meant I paid part of my credit card bill by automatic payments as scheduled.

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Today I had to take my Chromebook and mouse to work because the Pokemon tournament I am planning to go to in late June was scheduled to open registrations at noon and was expected to sell out within minutes. They were doing three waves at noon, 4pm, and 8pm, but I didn't want to risk missing out on the last wave, so I took my lunch break at 11:45am and pounded that refresh button until it opened. I got registered in the first wave of 800 players which sold out in five minutes. Turns out Wave 2 was only 400 players and sold out in one minute, and Wave 3 was just 300 players and lasted less than a minute, so I'm happy I did the first wave.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm glad the bank didn't screw you over. At least for once it worked properly. Enjoy your trip!

Ooh, cool! Congrats on getting registered. Be... super-effective? Use the pikachu... sorry. My direct exposure to Pokemon is watching about a combined total of ten minutes of footage from the anime's first season and playing the pokemon characters in Super Smash Brothers: Melee. :D :p

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Our mutual transformers fan friend has two kids with an obsession with Pokémon games.

7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Truer words. I'm soon going to have to replace the car I've been driving for most of my adult life. It heard the word "inflation" and immediately developed a transmission problem. :(

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    amidalachick likes this.
  8. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Hi there...I know it's been a long time since I've been here. Life has been crazy for, oh, the last three years :p Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is going to be at Star Wars Celebration next week? I will be there in full Hera cosplay with lots of swag to hand out if anyone wants to meet up.

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Wish I could. I just knew that I would be going to Central America and South America this year and am unable to make time.

Kahara, gizkaspice and amidalachick like this.
  10. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Has anyone ever tried Black Sapote aka chocolate pudding fruit? I need to confirm if it really tastes like chocolate pudding because reasons. Also, I am really getting into looking into weird exotic fruit because regular fruit is boring.

(also because I'm just bored :p)

amidalachick and Kahara like this.
  11. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Raissa Baiard , sadly I won't be there but I hope you find some forum people to meet up with and that you have a great time at Celebration!

@gizkaspice , that sounds either glorious or terrible. Someone braver than I is going to have to investigate. :p

amidalachick and gizkaspice like this.
  12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I haven't tasted it myself, but I think there's a couple YouTube videos of people tasting it, so that might help. Sounds delicious.

amidalachick, Kahara and gizkaspice like this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Leaving for the airport in about two hours, flight’s at 12:15, almost completely packed, forgot to pack sandals, pack my toothbrush and toothpaste and retrieve Evan’s doctor’s note for his liquid antibiotic from my purse that I packed, but we’re ready.

I think that I packed too many clothes but maybe not; I put Evan’s Bluey blanket in my luggage and my purse so that’s eating up some space.

I had a bit of a panic when we discovered that contrary to what we believed we didn’t have Evan’s birth certificate and had to go over to the Town Office to get it; not making that mistake again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahara and amidalachick like this.
  14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Wisdom teeth removal + Covid. My past week has not been very fun. I’m glad I booked 2 weeks off but it has been a pretty suckish vacation.

Kahara, amidalachick and DarthIshtar like this.
  15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    That sounds horrible and I'm very sorry. :(

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Spent my weekend as one of the volunteers for Stockholms internationella seriefestival (Stockholm's international comic festival), spent way to much money since so many creators had time to not just release their next thing but the one after that also during the time that we had lockdown.

The really cool thing, to me at least, was that I got to meet Mary Safro, the creator of the Drugs and Wires webcomic, by raw chance since she was not one of the exhibitors or offical guests but were just there as one of the ordinary people. I happen to see that one of the people walking around had a Drugs and Wires t-shirt and just had to ask him if I saw right and not only was I right but the thing was that he was there with Mary Safro who gave me a Drugs and Wires postcard with her autograph on [face_dancing]

Right now I feel a bit under the weather and don't know if I'm becoming sick or it's just me crashing from not relaxing enough after the festival

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I went to a webinar by an indie romance author and she was talking about how to spice up romance in a project. She brought up Star Wars and I was excited to hear her thoughts on Han and Leia or Anakin and Padme…. Nope. It was about how Leia kissing Luke on the cheek was sweet and all, but she should have thanked him for saving her with a good make out session later on. It took everything I had to only say “Well, since they’re SIBLINGS, I don’t want them making out at the end of the movie” in the middle of her address. And then she kept using it as the example of how romance without intimacy isn’t interesting. I sent her a thorough “Please stop” email.

In happier news, I thought my boss hated me a lot after the last month and then I got a raise today.

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Congratulations on the raise, @DarthIshtar .:)

I'm by myself at work tonight. I am... tired

Kahara and amidalachick like this.
  19. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Good golly. Work. I had to go back to my second job today, and next week I'm on the 0400 shift at my main job for the third time in two months.

Kahara likes this.
  20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I work at 0700 and can’t imagine 0400. Hope it’s not too unpleasant.

21. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    The best part of starting at 0400 easily is being done at 1200. Considering financial situation, that is plenty of time to work second job and pad income and still get to bed on time to wake up for the next day. I also work over half an hour away from where I live (yay, seniority-based jobs.)

DarthIshtar likes this.
  22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My job is 7-4, but I also work as an arts reviewer, so the nights when I have to be up past midnight to talk about the merits of an opera I just saw would not work for me on a 4-12 schedule. I remember enjoying a 6-2 schedule when I wasn’t doing that.

My roommate has not seen Obi-Wan yet, so her friends are all having hurried conversations about the show when she’s in a different room or texting opinions to each other.

23. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I don't do anything that sophisticated, I just work for Canada Post :p Ordinarily my shift is 0730-1530, but being the relief with the least seniority, if someone on the 0400 shift needs covering, it pretty much is going to fall to me.
    I actually really want to see Obi-Wan Kenobi, but I simply cannot bear to give Disney another dollar with all the stunts they've pulled. I'll have to find another way to see the series.

DarthIshtar likes this.
  24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I have several profiles set up for friends and family so they can share in the joy of old favorites and some new content without paying for their own subscription.

TheChosenSolo likes this.
  25. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    It's been almost a month since I worked OT at the main job, but I put in 9.5 hours today bc somebody had to go home sick. Not complaining, I definitely need to pad the income.

DarthIshtar likes this.