main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    There was a time when there was a hiring and pay freeze and overtime was heavily discouraged. I got told off for having to take 15 minutes to wrap up one day because I shouldn’t be going past my schedule at all. Except my previous boss told me I could use up to an hour. This is also why the glowing review and raise last week were shocking.

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah I wasn't heartbroken having to work the holiday yesterday. I had a 12 hour shift at 1.5X pay. I just bought a sauna and have to pay it off.

DarthIshtar likes this.
  3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I’d personally welcome that debt at the moment. :)

4. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I'm saving for a move. And even once I pull that move off, I'm required to maintain a Canadian bank account so that I can continue to make payments on my truck.

DarthIshtar likes this.
  5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Kicking this thread up because I miss the chatter.

In the last week, I’ve introduced my nephew to ROTJ and taken his brother to the musical of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He wasn’t big on it for a couple of songs, but said it was his favorite ever by intermission. I think he was even more thrilled by us being showered by confetti in the finale than the story.

Kahara and RK_Striker_JK_5 like this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm have spent the week sick, nothing big just a cold but I have been at home, lacked energy and not eaten much, even if I have been drinking lots of warm tea.

Saw the 1983 BBC version of The Comedy of Errors on TV, hade some really nice costumes. If you plan to write/roleplay in the 16th-centery (or fantasy/SF inspiered by that era) is it a good place to take inspiration from.

Kahara and DarthIshtar like this.
  7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I’m writing in 1490s Italian Renaissance and 18th-century French. But I do love that play.

Kahara and RK_Striker_JK_5 like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm looking for cyberpunk that's not seet in the USA or Japan. Do people have any suggestions?

Also, I'm looking for cyberpunk that have some other culture then USA or Japan being the cultural superpower. Do people have any suggestions?

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I worked this weekend. The weather was wonderful. 70 degrees Fahrenheit with a cool breeze. Tuesday I finally had a day off and it was 95 degrees and humid making it feel like 100 degrees. :rolleyes:. It is like Mother Nature gets a copy of my work schedule and plans accordingly.

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, this thread is showing signs of not being all that active. :)

It's 95 degrees out and mid-afternoon, while today is the last day of Steel Days. (The city was, at one point, affiliated with Geneva Steel, so that's their big celebration.) I've been subjected to a two-hour parade (We're one building away from the corner of the main route) and now our nationalist neighbors have been partying for three hours. I did discover that my "office" is the one place in the apartment where I can't hear their blaring music or the slip-'n'-slide set up by the barbecue. I wouldn't mind their parties except for them being real jerks for a lot of the year.

Kahara, Gamiel and RK_Striker_JK_5 like this.
  11. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Sorry your neighbors are loud jerks, @DarthIshtar .:(

Work has been very busy, and not in a good way. *flails*

Kahara likes this.
  12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My boss is about to go on maternity leave, her replacement is very inexperienced, and my coworker is cutting back on hours due to wanting to make sure her kids are taken care of. It's about to become more than a little hectic as a result. Hope your work gets less busy, though it is retail in summer, so that's a bit of a vain hope.

Gamiel likes this.
  13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I could go for a good slip-n-slide right now! I only got a couple of chances to play with one as a kid and I want to do that again.

However, I'm currently in a half-quarantine mode after being exposed to COVID at work. I spent a solid hour huddling with my team lead in his office debugging a major issue, then Thursday morning he called in sick and Friday morning he messaged me on our team's chat app that had tested positive for COVID. I don't technically have to quarantine since I'm fully vaccinated and boosted, but I'm eating carryout instead of dine-in, wearing masks when I go out, and skipped my grandmother's 90th birthday party today. I had a negative rapid self-test this morning but I'll keep testing for a few days as I have plenty of at-home tests.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    With all the breakthroughs and variants and the fact that every picture I see of groups is with not a single mask on, I’m not going out much at all. I still haven’t gotten it and I’m avidly trying to be that one annoying friend who was a hermit for years.

DaenaBenjen42 and Kahara like this.
  15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I had a slip-and-slide as a kid but I didn't get to use it much because my dad thought it would kill the grass. I finally have a weekend off and the weather is gorgeous! :D

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I have vacation in August. Is it August, yet?

Nehru_Amidala and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Masks have become part of my face now---I go nowhere without a mask and I talk to noone without a mask. New types of respirator masks are a fine addition to my collection and so far no COVID ever.

DarthIshtar likes this.
  18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    This is my feeling, except it’s for 13 months from now.

Kahara likes this.
  19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Still alive. Got a new phone recently and have been messing around on tumblr a bit.

Kahara likes this.
  20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Okay, first off good you're alive. Second off reading 'still alive' got me to thinking of 'Staying Alive' by the Bee gees. :D

Kahara likes this.
  21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    That's a great song.

Hey, I have an idea! Let's have a dance party in here!

22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    How about a....Millicent dance party?!

Here is Millicent dancing:

And now she threw everyone a big dance party, along with a laser-eyed cat that blows up a meow mix treat-planet, reminiscent of Starkiller Base. She is the one with sunglasses at the beginner, jamming to the music.

MILLICENT RULES!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is Millicent when she defeats Palpatine (because he somehow returns AGAIN, damn it!) and becomes Empress of the Galaxy:

[​IMG]

:p:p:p:p

:D
    8-}

Kahara, Gamiel and amidalachick like this.
  23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Dance party? Sure. I think most of us could use something to cheer us up. :D

24. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Did somebody say dance party? [face_batting]:p

Kahara, Gamiel and gizkaspice like this.
  25. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Dance party?

Kahara, Gamiel and gizkaspice like this.