main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    That’s adorable.

UltramassiveUbersue likes this.
  2. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
  3. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    That was delightful!

gizkaspice and Kahara like this.
  4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Back from the very nice 11-day adventure that included snorkeling, spelunking, and most important of all, managing to write 7000 words of fanfic. It’s not my fault that, when I get Obi-wan Kenobi and Han Solo in close quarters, they argue a lot. :)

5. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022
    I want to be like you when I grow up! :D
    Sounds like a blast! I'm glad you had a good time.

Kahara likes this.
  6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL. How much older than you am I, youngling? I had a bunch of good times. I think my favorite was going through the Panama Canal, followed by a nature park I visited on my birthday.

Kahara and UltramassiveUbersue like this.
  7. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022
    Lol! I've got two years to grow up. :D
    The Panama Canal sounds like fun.

Kahara likes this.
  8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I’m not usually one for staring at engineering feats for hours at a time, but it was just so cool.

UltramassiveUbersue and Kahara like this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Here are some of my recent renders using Midjourney AI.
    [​IMG]

10. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Jedi_Lover , wow! I didn't know that it could do specific faces/characters so clearly, that is really cool! :cool:

11. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I tried that @Jedi_Lover with Wonder earlier today, and while it was fun, I had less fun with the app's related Discord channel. It was toxic, and I was harassed by a couple of overgrown frat boys, and even a mod got involved. Quit and deleted both apps. But I did make some cool art though.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am sorry to hear that. The only person who messages me on Discord is my son.
    You can use a photo for the AI to base the art off. The AI can also search the web for photos of famous people. So you can tell it to make a drawing of Harrison Ford. Unfortunately that leaves the AI to pick an age.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, me too. It was a fun art app, also. Oh well.

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    If you go back to the app maybe create a neutral or male sounding screen name. That usually helps.

15. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Nah, I'm good.

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Here is another render of Mara Jade that I like a bit better.

[​IMG]

17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Ooooh, I like that!

Kahara likes this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks!

Kahara and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That is marvelous.

Kahara likes this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thank you.

Kahara likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You are quite welcome. Keep them coming.

Kahara likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    For you fanfic-writerse here that think about going pro as an IP-writer:

Get Your Thinking Caps On – Black Library Open Submission Window Is Coming Early 2023
    [​IMG]

"Black Library is home to many tales from the worlds of Warhammer, but as vast as it is, there are still stories to be told. Do you have a burning desire to tell a Warhammer story? If so, the Open Submissions window is the perfect place to show off your skills and have a chance of joining their pantheon of writers.

The Black Library team have a new theme for you to tackle next year – so without further ado, check out what they have to say.

Pious Black Templars. Ferocious Flesh Tearers. Steadfast Crimson Fists. Many of the Imperium’s most iconic Space Marine Chapters do not hail from the First Founding, but are Successors of the nine Loyalist Legions.

[​IMG]

These warrior brotherhoods proudly bear their Primarchs’ legacy and gene-seed while upholding their own cultural identity and style of warfare. There are countless Successor Chapters, and with the Emperor’s domain fractured by the Cicatrix Maledictum, their contribution is more crucial than ever, as they bring bolter and chainsword to bear against humanity’s myriad enemies.

Black Library is again on the hunt for promising new talent; this time, we’re looking for short stories featuring Space Marine Successor Chapters!

These stories should be high-stakes, action-heavy, and show the warriors of the Adeptus Astartes doing what they do best – while showcasing the unique traits of your chosen Chapter. What sets the Silver Skulls or the Mortifactors apart from other Ultramarines Successors – besides the colour of their armour?

[​IMG]

As always, we ask for a short summary of your story (up to 100 words) and a 500-word extract of the story to assess the quality of your writing. If we like what you send us, we’ll ask to see more – and you could become a published Black Library author!

For inspiration, why not pick up a copy of The Successors: A Space Marine Anthology, which features a diverse range of Chapters such as the Carcharodons, Emperor’s Spears, and Black Dragons? Or the novel Brothers of the Snake, the Readers’ Choice tale that first introduced the Iron Snakes Chapter!

[​IMG]

Thanks Black Library team! There are a couple of extra things to bear in mind when making your submission – no Chapters of your own creation, no Deathwatch or Grey Knights stories, and nothing set during the Horus Heresy. Strictly Era Indomitus please, and your tale should be of short-story length – so 5,000 to 10,000 words.

As with previous submissions, there will be a full list of terms and conditions coming when the submission window opens up in early January. Sign up for the Warhammer Community newsletter to be notified when submissions are live."

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Happy Christmas (and Chanukah) (and Kwanzaa) (and/or insert winter pagan holiday here) to all our FFers who celebrate.

And the blank space above is for all the people here who believe in nothing.

24. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Merry Christmas everyone and happy boxing day to any fellow Australians/Kiwis who had their Christmas yesterday :D

May you have a fabulous time.

25. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Happy holidays, everyone (except for those of us who believe in nothing).

It's Christmas, it's Christmas in Heaven, hip hip hip hip hooray!

The one song I would want to share as a present for all of you is "Christmas in Heaven" from The Meaning of Life--but if you've seen the movie, I don't need to tell you why I can't post it here.