main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    We have the wind down where I am.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    We did a mini-escape room at New York Comic Con a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. It was only a 20 minute one and I think we got out at 19 minutes and 45 seconds. I'd love to do a full one some time!

The weather has been crazy today. Wind gusts of 35mph in the city (up to 70 on the coast), it's rain, sleet and snow mix. When I was walking back from my car and the wind would gust, the sleet felt like glass on my face. I wouldn't have gone out but we had to go pick up our new pup!! :D

Yep, we saw this little (well really not so little, he's a bit of a chunk) guy and adopted him. He doesn't have a name yet, he's a Corgi mix, we're thinking probably hound but aren't sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Chyntuck, Pandora, Ewok Poet and 5 others like this.
  3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Sure am. Winds are whipping, rain is torrential. But luckily we still have power! My daughter is at her boyfriend’s family’s house, 2 miles from the beach, so I’m sure they have flooding. Winds are gusting to 30-40 mph. Worst is on Cape Cod- they had a gust of around 90 mph. But hey, it’s New England. At least it’s not snow.

mavjade , Chyntuck, Ewok Poet and 2 others like this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    AHHHH! He is sooo cute Mav.

I hope everyone in that area stays safe!

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    So cute! [face_love] @mavjade!

Stay safe everyone facing winter weather or storms or illness.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm starting to venture into slightly more solid foods with more chewing. I went out to eat with my mom tonight and ordered biscuits and sausage gravy. I crumbled up the biscuits into really small pieces and poured the gravy over them, then ate them with a spoon. The biscuits, despite being in very small pieces, required a little more chewing than I anticipated, but they worked fine. A lot of what I've read online on various dentist offices' websites suggests that solid foods can be slowly reintroduced around day 3 to 5, as long as the chewing is not painful and I avoid hard/crunchy foods that can potentially lodge in the socket for a week. Today was day 3 and chewing is not painful, so tomorrow I may try something a little more solid.

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    So, here's something Mav and the other medically inclined here might get a kick out of. The recommended medical tape to use with my new insulin pump (for when the self adhesive just isn't cutting it) is actually actually kinesiology tape or Rock Tape (if you watched the Olympics or any sort of sporting event where people's skin is more exposed, you've possibly seen it). Which is way cooler and way easier to work with than the IV/skin tape I was using before. Most because Rock Tape comes in patterns. So of course I got the bright yellow biohazard pattern.

So now I have a strip of biohazard tape on my arm. It amuses me to no end.

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I woke up at 6.57 and I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM. Can't brain. :eek:

At least I know what I don't want today:
    - KFC for lunch, because it jinxed me last year. Imma have pizza.
    - Lip service, from those who don't mean anything they say in good spirits.

Got rid of a major emotional vampire yesterday, which was a dream coming true. Those are worse than haters. Haters are funny, at some point they start acting irrationally and everybody starts noticing their actions and connecting them to how they feel and think about you, but those who seek to do harm deliberately, with no clear provocation or reason, they cannot be dealt with. One can't even attempt to lead them to light.

That woman, Danijela. is rotten to the core.

When I was still filled under that horrible diagnosis, she told me that I will "vegetate for a couple of years until I get used to it" and assured me that my doctor was not wrong.

When I got better, she added me to Facebook out of nowhere and kept on telling me how to talk to people and, once I became the mod and then the admin, how to run the forum. Ironically, she was demoted for abusing her admin rights.

She went on and on about the genetically caused circles under my eyes and how "people know I'm ill when they see those". Good luck, if people think I'm ill, they only ask about my kidneys and/or allergies.

Then this happened: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-social-thread.50046665/page-80#post-54885926

Should've told her to get the kriff away from me back then. But I never tell people not to talk to me. That's not my right, it's a free world and it's pathetic to do so.

Then she went on and on about this former member whom I let back and called me a "hyper hipocrite" and told me that she was "off with me, forever". I had no hear to tell her that, in proper English, it meant that she wanted to sleep with me. :p

I'm relieved now. Like, go drink somebody else's blood, Danijela.

This is fun:
    http://www.collegehumor.com/post/7013323/22-yahoo-answers-questions-that-just-might-rot-your-brain

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    divapilot likes this.
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Good morning!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Good morning, all! Power has been on pretty solidly since 7 pm last night. I spent the day on the couch with a cat on my stomach, catching up on my reading. Didn't get any writing done, but the massive pile of books and comics in my "to read" pile has mostly disappeared. Glorious!

Haven't been to see if my car is still in one piece, but no damage here, anyway. One of my friends had a small part of her roof blow off, a co-worker had a tree fall on his house (a small tree, so the damage isn't extensive) and another co-worker has a tree down in his yard and crossing the street. No one hurt, though. That was some storm!
    Give it ten minutes! ;) (Used to live there)
    I had mine out ages ago, two on one side then several years after, on the other (mine were coming in sideways, too). Strangely, the ones that had erupted cause more pain & took longer to heal than the impacted ones. In fact, the dentist that was taking out the impacted ones was so fast, I didn't know he'd done it, I thought he was still getting ready. Glad you're bouncing back so quickly, @jcgoble3! I'dve been worried about the biscuit crumbs in the sockets...definitely don't want to risk infections.
    Ooo! Is there SW tape? :D LOL at the biohazard markings... if anyone says anything, give them your best Evil Grin. Better yet, give them an Evil Grin and say that your doctors didn't THINK it was contagious, but the Centers for Disease Control are still trying to identify it, so... [face_laugh]

New doggie, @mavjade! He's so cute (those short, funny legs!) Hope he settles in okay; is he used to the city? The site sounds perfect, especially if everything is included in the package. Just less hassle and stress, which is good. You can think about the day and the guests without worrying that X hasn't shown up or whatever...

11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    @mavjade - your new doggo is adorable!

Plus the venue for your wedding sounds amazing.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  12. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Yes it does. :)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  13. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    There is a rumor that George Lucas will be at our local comic con this year. I am not holding my breath. It is a tiny comic con. So unless George is going to be in the area visiting Michael Moore or Kid Rock...I really doubt it is true.

14. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Awesome-Con is at the end of this month, and I am undecided if I will go or not.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  15. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I've been. It was fun. John Boyega will be there Friday, I hear, along with Steven Amell & Stan Lee.

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Bri- I love kineso tape! It’s much better than regular medical tape for longer term things, it lasts longer and isn’t as hard on the skin. That was a great idea to use with your pump! I wish it had been around (or that I knew about it) back when I was dancing. I had tendinitis in the bottom of my foot and had to use sports tape to wrap them all the time and it was terrible.
    And yeah, it’s a lot more fun! I have some bright green and purple I like to use together.

jcgoble- I’m glad things are going well after your extraction!

EP- I’m glad you got away from her, emotional vampires are terrible!

I do love his short little legs!
    He is not used to the city, he’s a bit timid with elevators and trucks, but I think he’ll learn quickly.
    The weird thing is he seems to be scared of the kitchen. I was cooking last night and expected he’d be underfoot but he didn’t come in once, he just stayed in the doorway, even when I dropped things.

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No, I don't think there's any licensed characters on kinso tape, but that would be awesome. Though I can put stickers on this new system. But that's hilarious and I may have to use it. I'm also the weirdo with the biohazard waste bucket on my kitchen counter (it's a sharps container but it has to be red and yellow and have a biohazard symbol on it), because that is where my dad put his (according to him, no one breaks into a house that's a biohazard :p).

In other news, one of my favourite TV shows from my childhood (ironically called ReBoot) is being rebooted, but they released the trailer and it looks so stupid and generic and not what the original show was at all. I'm mad.

18. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    I’m sitting at my parents since my dad was feeling the need to see the grandkids. My younger brother is filling up a portable HD with movies and TV shows for the family to watch and hoping that instead of freezing rain that it just turns to snow because I can handle more snow just not frozen roads underneath it. Although having it be 40 degrees in March in North Dakota/Minnesota is nothing short of outstanding. Wife and Stepdaughter went to see Winchester so hopefully they had a good time and will be back soon so we can start the trip home.

Ewok Poet and Lady_Misty like this.
  19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Today's adventure in eating: grilled fish and shrimp, with mac and cheese and a baked potato for sides. I took small bites, but the chewing was fine and painless, and everything seemed to go down okay. The seafood was served on a bed of rice, which I was unaware of at the time of ordering, so I requested a second plate, transferred the fish and shrimp to the second plate, and then picked off the rice that was stuck to it before eating it since I can't have rice or other small grains, seeds, and similar things for a while (potential to get trapped in a socket and cause an infection).

Tomorrow I may try a simple sandwich, probably tuna. Most tuna salad at the grocery store comes with little pieces of vegetables mixed in, which aren't a good idea for me right now (see above) (plus I hate those veggies in my tuna anyway), so I'll try mixing my own with just tuna and mayonnaise. Might need to get the mayonnaise at the grocery store tonight, since I don't know if we have any that isn't long expired (#bachelorlife :p). Alternatively I might go to Subway and get their tuna sandwich on flatbread (less bread to chew than their regular breads). Subway is the only place I've found that serves tuna sandwiches that are just tuna and mayo, without the little veggies mixed in.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
  21. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    The nudist colony bit made me laugh so hard when I first read it.
    I leave for vacation in a very short time. Gyeaaaaaaaaaaargh. I was incredibly busy yesterday, then incredibly lazy today. Part of this is because I nearly fell in the way that broke a bone in my ankle four years ago. On that occasion, I came down on the edge of my left foot and the ankle just folded under me like a towel and I collapsed. This time, I came down on the edge of my left foot and as I started to have my ankle buckle, I seized a nearby mailbox and kept myself from the serious injury. But because I came down on the edge of my foot, it really hurts in several places. But I've been looking forward to swimming in the ocean and walking around LA and even just going to the Los Angeles temple for some church service that I will be really pissed off if I get injured right now.

On the other hand, I signed my contract for my Nutcracker sequel "short story" (56 pages in final draft) and now have to scan it back in so it can come out at the end of this month. A friend is making me a crown of flowers as an homage to something in the story and I"m taking a friend from the boards to dinner once I'm getting back from vacation because I always celebrate coming out with something published with friends. (Last October, four of my friends and I went to a great cafe and then went enthusiastically shopping, but when I got my book published, I took one friend out for Mexican food.) I turned in edits for another anthology publication this week. Problem is, I now need a deadline and a project and motivation to get through it because the Nutcracker, the depressing astronaut story and the romantic comedy I just turned in were what I've been working on deadlines for only. Everything else has been casual or in querying.

Sorry, I'm too tired to sleep, so I'm rambling.

Lady_Misty and Mistress_Renata like this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Want to comment on the doggo and much more, review, write, finish Rebels, but LOLNOPE. In fact, this is where we'll have to eat scrambled eggs, because there is no time to cook, wash my hair, wash the floors in my, living room and the hall and start baking crescents and/or squares. :p My friend Marija and her son Dušan "Duki" will be here in one hour and 45 minutes. [face_hypnotized]

And yeah, I Alderaan'd all the remaining pizza for breakfast. :p [face_blush]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  23. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Blue Force Ghost, people! Has he NEVER seen the movies? :p I am looking forward to him driving Kylo nuts! :kylo::luke: There is simply no way that Luke is dead & never appearing again...especially since we won't have Carrie for the final Ep, which was supposed to be the focus on her.
    Probably just a sprain, if you caught yourself. Might want to go easy on the walking, or tape up your ankle, but swimming in salt water will be good for it. Therapeutic & etc.
    The best thing about being a grown up is letting yourself eat junk for breakfast. (Every once in a while, of course!)

Not much news here. Got some writing done! Yay! I'm giving myself 2 hours this morning, then taking a break to run errands.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  25. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004