main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Interestingly, this textbook sources a lot of stuff, including the list of countries for me to pick from, from the CIA World Factbook.

Fair point. However, I've looked through the rest of the assignments (we got all of the descriptions and rubrics on day one), and they all look easy. My only real concern in that department is the 200-point research project, but the professor is really easy on grading (I've gotten full points on several assignments that I expected to lose a few points on), and the research project is one of those where I'm pretty much going to either ace it or bomb it. I doubt I would get a middling score on the project that would put me on the edge of an A; the project is either going to be a perfect or near-perfect score, or a flat-out F.

I think I'm just going to say screw it and turn in what I have. As easy-going as she is, it's possible she may even talk to me after class and give me some leeway to get it done and email it to her.

2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    CIA Fact Book is DEFINITELY a great resource to have bookmarked somewhere.
    Hm, plead for an extension due to wisdom tooth extraction? Medical issues?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Hope everyone had a good day today. Wild afternoon today at work. One of the kindergartners bit another kid and ran away without telling anyone, so I had tp chase him all over the school before I was able to corral him outside the boy's bathroom. Also, once of the fifth graders decided to shove corn chips down the shirt of a kindergartner and blood was drawn.

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh man, kindergarten! People don’t appreciate how much WORK those tiny humans are! They’re exhausting! My son is a preschool teacher and the stories he tells!
    Glad you were able to wrangle Biter Boy before he got away completely!

Ewok Poet and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  5. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    My mother volunteers with the first grade at the local grade school, every day and all day (and the people in charge are no doubt just thrilled they have this nice old granny helping out with these wild children, and best of all! they don't have to pay her one cent!). And this year's class is better than the legendary terrors presently in the second grade. I heard stories about them, from my mother and the teacher, this last summer, and I hadn't had any idea.

It's not the sort of thing I would be able to do: my mother was right to say I would flee that classroom screaming after only an hour.

6. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I could not do that job! And you don't even get hazardous duty pay!

Ewok Poet and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  7. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    No, but I am good with kids and I love my job... so there I you go.

8. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I couldn't do it. Wouldn't have the patience. And it's an IMPORTANT job, too, so =D==D= you! [:D]

9. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    *bows* Thank you, and at least the morning was sedate.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Sad news: because of the weather the airline waived my sister and her boyfriend’s flight out of fear they wouldn’t be able to land at the destination airport. :(

However, they do get replacement flights and are planning on coming around May 4th so snow can’t spoil their travel plans.

It all works out seeing that my sister Raquel had pipes burst so she doesn’t have a spare room for anyone to use until the damaged rooms are gutted and repaired.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm going to say it here because most people who post in resource at least read this thread, and we've had a few instances:

Let's be careful with even possible spoilers. Especially when it comes to the end of a series, people really don't want to be spoiled, understandably. So please, if you are even making a vague reference to something that happened, it goes under a spoiler tag for the spoiler time period, though longer would be nice. When in doubt a spoiler tag is never the wrong thing to do. Thanks!
    [/mod_voice]

I'm sorry your sister doesn't get to come in, Lady_Misty, especially if they had exciting news. :(

12. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I hope DuckTales comes back soon.

Jedi Knight Fett and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Mav Edit: Spoilers about Rebels below:
    I’m kinda glad Rebels is done, wish the last three episodes, A World Between Worlds and the Series Finale, (A Fool’s Hope was fine) hadn’t played out like they did because it felt like a cop out and an inability to kill off characters.

*ranting*

One thing, okay several but this is a big one, I want to know is how Jacen Syndulla exists if Mommy and Daddy didn’t say ‘I love you’ until minutes before Daddy died? Do Twi’leks have bizarre reproductive capabilities? Did Kanan/Caleb store his ‘stuff’ for Hera to use if she chose? Despite not saying how they felt were they doing the Sheet Dance anyway? Is Jacen a ‘Force Baby’, Kanan/Caleb is his father but conceived after his death? Was Hera raped and lied about the identity of the father to avoid being pitied and give Jacen a father he could be proud of?

*crawls away to consider the possibilities*

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2018
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Yikes. This is the slowest board day in ages! Where is everyone? [face_nail_biting]

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Thank mav for marking my spoiler tag; I apologize to anyone that opened it not knowing what it contained; i forgot to mark it as such on my ipod and then struggled to edit it on tapatalk so I was going to edit it on my laptop but one of our excellent Mods beat me to it.

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    No worries! I've done the same thing in the past. :)

Ewok Poet and Lady_Misty like this.
  17. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Could not agree with you more, @Lady_Misty!

(Rebels stuff ahead)
    Ahsoka's not dead! :rolleyes:Ezra's not dead! :rolleyes: But then again, Filoni brought back Darth Maul who was CUT IN HALF! o_O I actually didn't have as big a problem with Jason, although I was wondering why his hair was green. I might've missed something at the beginning, was there anything that showed Ezra calling for the giant space whales? Because (coming in late) it did seem like the biggest coincidence that they just happened to show up in the nick of time.

What I liked: the plan to destroy the Imperial ship. The big battle in the control room. Kallus & Zeb's bro-mance. Rex and his 'brothers' reunited for a final fight. I even liked Ezra confronting Thrawn. All of that made sense, and was in character and seemed in line with the bigger GFFA canon.

No real news here. Crazy busy at work, and most of my brain cells are too fried at the end of the day to focus on much; most of my stuff is getting done on the weekends. But I'm alive! (mostly)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @Mistress_Renata your answer

Ezra told Mart that if x happened to go x and turn on a certain frequency to bring the Purgill.

There's a theory that Jacen isn't actually Hera and Kanan's son but an orphan that Hera adopted and he asked Sabine to dye his hair so he looks like his Mommy. There is the possibility that Hera has Human blood which is why Jacen looks more Human or hybrids come in different looks. *shrugs*

Some say that Hera knew she was pregnant in the last episode because when Hera overhears Ezra talking to his parents' picture she touches her stomach and that Kanan was going to tell her that she was pregnant in Jedi Knight and not 'I love you' like many assume.

Ewok Poet and Mistress_Renata like this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Unexpectedly on guest list for this doo-woop/rockabilly band. Tomorrow: '80s rock. It's good to have people who can get you in for free.

[​IMG]

EDIT: And yeah, it's the belly swellin' time, yet I wore a swing dress. :p

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Update: that's exactly what she did. :D Someone's getting a positive rating on the end-of-semester instructor review.

mavjade and Mistress_Renata like this.
  21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Great to hear! Are you back to eating solid food yet? Tex-Mex night for me! That means virgin mango daquiris and shrimp tacos!

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes, I'm fully back on my normal diet, and no longer dehydrated.

23. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Good to hear, I think the worst part was washing my mouth out with salt water [face_sick] and having to sleep on two pillows.

24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I went to visit my brother today and he is just the most miserable human. Note to self: don't get wisdom teeth removed unless it is like a life or death situation.

I also had an incredibly frustrating day. Went to go get my car side mirror fixed (finally) BUT THERE WAS AN ORDERING SCREW UP :mad:. So my car mirror is still duct taped together (so I can only kinda see in it). Insert Wookiee growling here :chewie:. Then my mother dragged me around grocery shopping. I did buy new pillows but they weren't what I was expecting so I have to return them (thankfully Costco returns everything). I got no schoolwork done and I am so tired. I'm supposed to go out again tonight but I really don't feel like putting on jeans again and going out.

25. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    [:D] Everyone has days like that.
    =P~ All I've got to look forward to is leftover tuna noodle casserole. Your dinner sounds much more fun!

No news here. Oh, I did hear that John Williams has announced that Ep 9 will be the last he does. :_| Still, the man has earned a retirement or a break for other projects. Thank you, dear music man, for being what George Lucas called "the secret sauce" that makes the GFFA a wondrous place! @};-