main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive SilSolo's art thread Jan 23: Twilek Jedi colored, Twilek Bishie drawn, and duel scene

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SilSolo, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I love the still life. that is really cool!

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    FalconFan: Thanks. THe detailing is 90% of the work on that still life until I got lazy and started using filters and gradient fill. As for the perspective, it's actually done from a picture that I took with a digital camera. I merely copied it and changed it to suit/discover my style.

As for Starflare, there are only two ways to get her to forget her evil plots, and one of 'em is to leave her in a mall with a million dollars.

The CalcArt takes very little time; I just punch in random equations and I use a program to capture all of teh images.

TheOnlyJediPrincess: Thanks.

For today:

More than a month in the making, this still life is finally done! Please click download for the real picture.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43404701/

And Aayla Secura:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43103584/

3. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Now that is a unique rendition of Aayla! I love it!

4. Darth-Sunrider

Darth-Sunrider Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2006
    Hey! thought id drop in and say hello! :D

You know im a fan of your art already from DA! :) Especially the Allana stuff.

Love your signature btw [face_laugh]

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whaaah!! =D= Awesome finish on the still-life, Sil!! I still love it: the colors, all the fantastic detailing; it's blended so well now, and really looks great (the color of the fabric is perfect for setting off everything on it!). You mentioned in your DA account that you weren't careful with all of it--to tell you the truth, I don't see anything that doesn't look very clean and well done. Beautiful! And I agree--still-life pieces are tough--but they're well worth the effort when they turn out like this one! ;)

Your Aayla looks awesome! This really takes me back to soitscometothis's recent Bellerophon/Pegasus piece--it looks very tactile and has wonderful volume (and I totally love the pose--beautiful!). This sort of makes me think it's kind of a private moment for her, where she's just dancing because she likes to--no weapon, no witnesses, just dancing because it feels good to dance... Very pretty--and very unique! =D=

FF

6. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Giolon05: Thanks. I didn't think of it until I got onto Photoshop and then it just came.

Sunrider: Thanks. As for the sig, I actually got that off of a friend.

FalconFan: I figured Aayla would love to dance just for herself; it's in her nature, after all, and she needs a break from all of that hard work. And yup, that still life was definitely worth the effort.

And now, for something else: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43988566/

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    How did I miss this yesterday...? Nice compostion on this cover, Sil--the eye moves around it very easily, and the image choices seem good. The expression on the large face seems a little "light" compared to the others (ie., she doesn't seem to have the gravity of expression that the other characters do), but that might be purposeful, so take that with a grain of salt... Nice work!

FF

8. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    The fan cover looks great! :) I agree with FF that it's composed well - you don't suffer from having odd awkward spaces but neither is it too busy. In fact, I find it eerie how the emperor's face seems to be faded into the BG in a very ghostly manner. I do like how you made sure to make the main or important character of the story so prominent (or at least that's how I see it considering the title). Love the lightning too. :D

- Suz ^_~

9. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    SilSolo, I was checking out your work - you are very prolific and you have great style!

10. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    FalconFan: Thanks. Yeah, it's kinda purposeful, since she's empress of the galaxy and thus has everything at her fingertips.

Your_Worshipfulness: Thanks. Kanti's a major character, so I made her pretty big. She's basically the one behind it all, at least once after her dad dies.

Rocketscientist: Thank you. However, some of the stuff's really old.

11. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Just thought I'd drop in and thank you for the wonderful cover. It looks great, now that Luke's no longer as ghostly looking.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

12. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Those are all great! The soft-cat-ball reminds me when I was a kid I always love those cartoon about it!

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Tych_sel You're welcome

NLS: Thanks.

Now, I've returned with these two:

I've always wanted to draw a rare, male twilek dancing and my character Riko volunteered to pose, so here he is!

Twilek Bishie: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47170650/

And I've colored Twilek Jedi: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43933451/

And Aayla Secura duel scene: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46899711/

14. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Tmileks are pretty cool and you have done a great job here. i like your poses

15. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I agree with BIEREN, the poses are really cool.
    My fav pic is the last one, I love the beautiful background and that you can merely see the opponents as plain black figures. It's very simple, but also gives the picture a special touch, if you ask me. [face_love] =D=

Great job!

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Sil! As I mentioned when I commented at dA--these are beautiful, all of them! The poses are so graceful and light, with so much energy, it would be difficult not to like them! The duel piece is still one of my favs--just the simplicity of it, as Chilla says, coupled with the intensity of the moment makes it something special. I really like the way you draw Twi'leks: with such grace and dignity--it's lovely!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.