main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sins leading to justice OTP challenge 21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Aug 21, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sins leading to justice OTP challenge 21

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Legends: beyond
    Genre: one shot
    Characters: OC's Slojuk, Padoffi, Melikas, Warren and Jono Bel Hana
    Time-frame 44 ABY

Amos Slojuk

Was it wrath for being born on this dratted planet after his father and mother came here being stranded after the hyperdrive was wrecked?

Was it greed because more power could be gained if he could leave with his father and join Black Sun like his grandfather had done?

Was it lust for expensive wine offered by him to the wealthy owner of hangar 57?

Was it envy for having to share the spaces in hangar 57 with other owners of stored plastbins? Or being second best at a sharp-shooting competition?

Was it pride for having a very successful smuggling operation using plastbins?

It was all for Amos Slojuk when he began to plan his escape for his beloved father and him. And for their helpers. The two lovers Vicky Padoffi and Sil Melikas, their truck-driver Jon Warren and a pilot for their freighter, an Corellian corvette needing repairs.

He urged his father to seek a technician and preferably a pilot too for the Corellian corvette that was standing useless in one of the hangars at the air- and spaceport.

Ira Slojuk did and was delighted when he told his son that the repairs were being done. “Jono Bekana is the son of a Corellian pilot, born here like you and he wants to go to Corellia.”

“And I will ask Vicky Padoffi to begin her modifications on that battle-droid. They and more special stuff are being transported by Warren and Melikas to our laboratory.”

“Good Sly and you can ask Vicky to come into contact with Wismer's lawyer.”

“For more devious nano-droids. She will perish if anything goes wrong and she is arrested. She will contact her lawyer and contact and is gone.” Amos had a wicked smile on his face. “Your story about the bombing of the Jedi-temple and the trial of Jedi Ahsoka Tano as shown on that old holotape was very inspiring. Your dad supplied Jedi Bariss Offee with the nano-droids. And I was fortunate when you hired Vicky Padoffi at that sharp-shooting contest. I could give her the opportunity to do research on nano-droids and poisons.”

Vicky Padoffi

A day later Vicky was busy with her battle-droid. Pride, lust and greed were what motivated her when she saw Ira Slojuk and his son Amos at the prestige sharp-shooting contest. She beat Amos becoming the winner and was offered a job. A job that had her using her skills at repairing a decommissioned trade federation battle-droid. Now she had access to poisons and nano-droids. She had designed them to be very deadly and undetectable. She had put the killer-droids in a very expensive bottle of wine. Amos had been delighted. Now he could seal the contract to destroy hangar 57 with Wismer.

Vicky had spiked the drink of Wismer's lawyer with the trigger-droids.

Sil Melikas

Sil Melikas was observing his girl. Lust for her was all he wanted.

“You know what Amos is planning. Tomorrow it will be in a truck loaded with volatile materials waiting for a transport declaring an emergency and landing on the tarmac near hangar 57.”

“Yes but after the pilot has repaired the corvette. Escaping is what we want my love.”

“Amos told me that he is ready with the repairs. Tomorrow we have to go to Haradan. After delivering the goods we have our fun.”

“You can win again at the prestige shooting contest in Haradan.”

“I will win.” Pride and arrogance was showing on her face.

Melikas was thrilled. Winning for her was winning for him when he took her to bed to make love.

- - -

And it was pride when he saw the destruction wrought by the battle-droid and truck when he guided the truck with small plastbins in the hangar and helped Vicky to load them in the cargo-compartment of the corvette.

“Wismer wanted her hangar destroyed because the authorities were busy with a warrant to close it and she contacted our boss.”

“He set the operation into motion. Now I could use more things found in the Corvette.”

“Your battle-droid was programmed to perfection with my voice commands to the droid-brain when the YT-1300 freighter Kerebuy Hawk declared an emergency.”

“The droid steered the truck with the volatile materials to collide with the freighter and barreled towards hangar 57 setting it on fire because it was filled with our volatile plastbins.”

“Wismer got arrested by the Noranan police when she tried to run away.”

“No worries my love. She will be dead before she reveals too much when she calls her lawyer Shenovic. My nano-droids ingested by him and her will cause her to have a heart-attack. I spiked Shenovic's drink with messenger-nano-droids that will self-destruct when they meet Wismer's nano-droids. The son of our boss presented Wismer with a very expensive wine when he sealed the contract to destruct her hangar. She drank and was infected.”

“And the droid? And our volatile plastbins? If they trace that to our boss?”

“We will be gone. Amos has one desire and that's leaving and joining Black Sun.”

“Following in the footsteps of his grandfather. Come let's head back. We have more work to do.”

Ira Slojuk

Ira Slojuk was proud. His son had accomplished all. They were escaping, leaving to start a great future on Coruscant.

“Up and away.” Melikas smiled.

“Your message saved me.” Amos turned to him. “Two officers were coming to the conference room and asking for me. Their armed goons were blocking the exit.They have found evidence in the rubble from our plastbins.”

“And they traced the conversation between Wismer and you and found out about me. Those sleemo's had more brains than I thought.” Melikas admired the work of the police.

“They traced you only.” Vicky secured the crashwebbing of her fiancé. “I lost all my equipment except my blaster in the truck thanks to the kriffing koochoo but I managed to slug one of them.”

Entering hyperspace for the first jump to the Moniron nebula.” That came from the PA-system.

“Only one more difficulty to navigate and we are free.” Vicky gave a relieved sigh. “Coruscant here we come.”

“And we have enough stored aboard to supply you with new blasters.” Amos gave Vicky a package.

Seeing Melikas giving her a wink with his left eye she opened it and put the ring with the expensive gemstone on her finger. “My wedding present.”

Ira smiled. He had reliable workers. Soon he would be too old to lead the syndicate but he had in his son a great leader.

Jono Bel Hana

Jono Bel Hana was in the cockpit of the corvette. Was it wrath that motivated him? His parents were murdered when he was 10. He had found out that Amos Slojuk had been the sniper firing the slugs that killed them when they were late paying a debt to old Ira Slojuk.

No it wasn't wrath. It was justice he sought and only after being very certain that Slojuk was the culprit he had begun to plan, going undercover as their pilot and taking a new identity. He had to stay in the corvette and had repaired it in two days. He had added his modifications to the bugs he had found everywhere. The astro-droid programmed by him was receiving copies of audio and visual recordings, needed to bring Slojuk and friends to justice.

He was feeling sad because had no way to prevent the destruction and mayhem when he heard Warren coming into the cockpit and giving a relieved sigh.

“Melikas is too busy with Padoffi to appreciate the beautiful sight out there.”

“We will see where we end up. The next stop appears to be Corellia.”

“Corellia. Ira Slojuk will like it to return to his home planet. He told me about Coronet city. The first thing I will do is visit Treasure ship row.”

“Not my idea but if you want another company to work for it’s the place to be. My dad was a Corellian business man and liked to go there and visit the bars. He became a grumbling old guy after becoming stranded on Moniron when the planet became off limits for the empire. Getting a wife and me didn’t change that grumbling.”

“I will welcome a change. I was born on Moniron and got my first job at Slojuk’s factory as a truck-driver. Helping him with his ‘nice’ work earned me enough credits to start a tapcaf and earn my credits living honest.”

“Great idea Warren.”

“Slojuk doesn’t have bugs here?”

“No Warren. I went over all the nooks and crannies before having her ready to fly. I hope Corellia will be a nice place to live for you and me.”

- - -

Jono Bel-Hana had a relieved smile on his face when he was guided to a waiting transport. His mission to get the murderers of his parents to justice had ended. He had left the corvette after landing it in one of the berths telling Slojuk that he had to hand over his credentials to the authorities. Slojuk – he had come to the cockpit as soon as the corvette came out of hyperspace – had believed him because there had been a steady stream of conversations between the cockpit and the spaceport as soon as the corvette entered orbit. Jono had been responsible when he sent his name and a ‘greeting’ in the old Corellian language. Someone at the spaceport had picked up immediately what he wanted and had continued with a pleasant conversation ending it with ‘report to CS-command.’

He had told the CorSec officers everything about Slojuk and his business on Moniron. Mentioning the planet had him explaining all about his father’s journey to Moniron, the stored jump and that he didn’t know the coordinates and that it was a nuisance for spacecraft. They were impressed by his knowledge of the old Corellian language and his piloting skills.

‘We will give Slojuk and his father, Melikas and Padoffi a nice place to stay and give Warren a ride to Treasure ship row,’ was what the CorSec captain had said before giving orders.

Jono liked that Warren was given a chance to start his tapcaf. He had a new future too. As a police pilot and a grandson of Captain Bel-Hana he could join CorSec. But he had the knowledge to return to Moniron inherited from his mother. And that good looking girl giving him a wink with her left eye was something to pursue. Was this what his mother had taught him about Dunai elder and falling in love?

2. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    This was a great read! It had a very action-crime movie feel that I really enjoyed.

A job well done!

And looks like a great future ahead of him. :D

Excellent work! =D=

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Intrigue, sly maneuverings ... good descriptions!

Now that's a diabolical plot point, very chilling and in the dark mood of vengeance and retribution here. I liked how your story points to past events and future happenings, too, because it makes it seem part of an ongoing saga. :)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    It is part of my Moniron characters saga

Jedi Knight Fett and pronker like this.
  5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to admit that I haven't read enough of your Moniron characters saga to know too well what's going on here. But your opening section was my favorite for the way you lined up the repetition of the inversion of the 'seven deadly sins' and asked, really, where's the sin if it's for a good purpose? Culminating with:

That's really it, in the end, isn't it? Sins leading to justice. Excellent work! This was a great response to the challenge. =D=

earlybird-obi-wan and pronker like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent with various POVs =D= Each has different motives and goals but Jono's is the only one that reflects justice not some self-centered reason.

earlybird-obi-wan and pronker like this.