main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Sith Trooper (Red Stormtrooper) Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kez-Iban, Mar 28, 2019.

1. darth_of_denmark

darth_of_denmark Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah I remember all the back and forth around the release of TLJ (and perhaps it started around TFA?not sure), but all the "Snoke is not a sith, Kylo is not a sith" and now they go "Oh look! Sith troopers who looks like FO troopers with a different coat of paint".

I hope EP9 can at least be a good SW movie but it's really hard for me to see the point in this trilogy. It really looks like they were too proud to just make a trilogy based on some existing books or comics and just HAD to come up with their own materiel, which so far has been a mix of average tribute like stuff and different but terrible content.

ps. Can anyone tell me why they hired an esteemed actor like Max Von Sydow just to kill him off after 2mins in TFA? I really would love to know.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

This guy is, though.

[​IMG]

The troopers are gonna be his, all said and done. If they're working for Ben for a while prior, that's going to be a smokescreen/manipulation by Sheev, lulling the guy into a false sense of security.

Kind of like how the Clones are backing the Jedi as their army, Palpatine snaps his fingers and barks an order and *boom!*.

DarthBeagle, Palpatine was behind the First Order anyway, the FO-derived armor makes sense. It'll bug me if they're supposed to have been out there since soon after RotJ though, but if it's more that they built this thing up simultanously with the FO between trilogies, it'll add up.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It just takes one spy guy working in the F.O. R&D to beam the blueprints to Palpatine's factories.

More and more convinced that the Sith Troopers are clones now. If the T-shirt holds any credence then 105 battalions minimum (and the crews of a few hundred SDs) will need to come from somewhere. With the support personnel and manufacturing I can't see anything less than 2 million bodies needed to operate Palpatine's faction.

4. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    To me, it feels like they’re laying it on thick now so that their turn is surprising to some and ironic to shirt owners later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like believing the clone army was firecely loyal to the heroes of the story until Sidious did this.

[​IMG]

TadoFett likes this.
  5. JohnWilliamsSonoma

JohnWilliamsSonoma Force Ghost star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Maybe C3PO will turn Sheev's Clone Trooper army against him. Kinda like a reverse Order 66

6. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Well @Aximili86 I think you know how i feel about Palpatine returning anyway, so while it might be logical in TROS for the Sith Troopers to work for Palpatine, I won’t enjoy the overall direction.

7. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Doesn't matter, since most people will.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  8. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Better look at the Jet Trooper variant. This is so much more intimidating than the base armor imo. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    TadoFett and darthfettus2015 like this.
  9. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, digging that a lot. Seems less-bulky than a regular trooper somehow, though that might be just that the art's in profile rather than portrait.

Like the helmet design, too.

So, the guys in the trailer seemed to have white armor - sounds like the jetpack guys on Pasaana are regular FO rather than these guys. Wonder how the red dudes factor into the movie?

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I like these guys a lot. But I'm still waiting for the trooper design that beats the death troopers. Not there yet.

Krueger and Pons like this.
  11. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    For me the Phase II Clone is the one to beat. Besides the Republic Commandos, Scout Trooper and R1 troopers, nothing comes close.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    And the tank trooper from RO.

whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Mimban dudes for the win.

whostheBossk, TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It seems that these guys will execute order 69 and wipe them out all of them.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Those guys are cool too. And the train troopers with the fur. But I think for me it's going to be hard to ever beat this:

[​IMG]

And this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  16. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    One thing that always bugged me with the Death Troopers is the scrambled voice-comms stuff. :) Makes all the sense in the world, of course, only being able to decipher what each other are saying due to the helmet tech, but ehh, would be cool to get some lines from the guys.

That and "Death Trooper" is pretty funny. :p Nah, regular troopers or tank troopers or the other guys aren't there to spread death.

Always loved the helmets on those R1 tanker guys though.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How about Dad Troopers? They kill you with bad jokes?

Like I do

Captain B, Darth Smurf and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, but the Death Trooper helmet is unbeatable to me. It’s a perfect cross between a stormtrooper helmet, Vader’s helmet, and...a goat skull. It’s metal without being over the top. Kudos to the person who designed it.

EHT and TadoFett like this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It was Ryan Church.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    My entire worldview just crumbled.

21. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    You're a Ryan Church.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Doug Chiang's would just be the normal Stormtrooper armour painted black.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You know you’re trolling now. That’s simply not true. Chiang designed the U-wing, which is widely regarded as a great design that’s both original and in the OT spirit.

Also, we don’t know that Church designed the Death Troopers. Chizzy was just joking. I think Chiang may have been responsible for them as well, but I don’t have the “art of RO” book to check. Anyone?

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Just behind Ralph McQuarrie, I think Doug Chiang is the best SW designer out there. I'm also very partial to Iain McCaig, but that's more because I just love his art in general.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The U-Wing is awful, nearly 800 different designs and all they can come up with is a kit bash of an X and Y-Wing?