main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SJRS-Skywalker-Jade Revival Society--locked in order to set up Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by EmilieDarklighter, Dec 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hmmm...I'll take that into consideration, Liz.

2. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    *grins wickedly* Count me IN! ;) :D :)

3. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Yay! Welcome aboard, Zel!

- 'Rae

4. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *grins wickedly* If I count right, that makes four of Empress Amsie's handmaidens! *grins wickedly*

5. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    You can count me in, too. L/M writers unite!!!

6. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome, Devi! *grinning* Always glad to see new members. What is the name of your story/stories?

Emmi

7. mistryljediskywalker

mistryljediskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Can I join in?

8. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    here's more for the rating

[face_laugh] for humor

[face_devil] for evil (?) I'm thinking

something like AngelQueen evil. ;)

9. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL, Liz. *cackles a la AQ*

Welcome, mistryljediskywalker!

10. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Still here- and still working on my fic... la la la la la la la. It's taking forever, just because I always think of other things I could be doing (like writing that blasted edssayt for English...) than writing just for fun.

Love all the ideas! If there's anything I can do to contribute, let me know!

BTW, I love the rating system! :D

11. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    What's your story about, Jaded?

EDIT: Everyone be on the lookout for good L/M pictures. I want to build a really good archive. I'd also appreciate any pictures of them separately.

12. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome! :)

My fics at the JC:

Flower

So close, no matter how far

Sacrifice

EDIT: I've just seen that my BTEH novelization is already listed with my name in the members list (thanks!).

I'll see what I can dig up in terms of pics. And I like Liz' rating system idea, too.

13. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    *laughs* I see you found and put up "Some Things" into the list-thing, fellow handmaiden. :) Could you put Comes the Night up there too? It's like a polar opposite and incredibly angsty. :p And the prologue was just accepted at the archive as a stand-alone fic. :D

EDIT: And, since I don't see lovely Xarraé here ( :p) also a link to The Way of the Dead. Another incredibly angsty story. :_|

14. Blue_Ice-Green_Fire

Blue_Ice-Green_Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2002
    I'm (finally) here! :D
    Here is a link to my fanfic-more L/M action real soon ;)
    Enjoy! :D

15. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *looks around and waves to all the new members* Welcome! :)

Liz, I love the idea of the [face_devil] being ratings for evilness in the stories! *grins*

Good news, Emmi! I've finished the first draft of my little Mara essay! It's written down, so all I have left to do is type it up and make a few additions and corrections!

Would you like me to PM it to you for the site, or just go ahead and put it up here?

AQ

16. mistryljediskywalker

mistryljediskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    thanks for the welcome. I see a link to my website is already up. I'll search through my computer and see if I can find some pictures.

17. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Here's an example of how we could use the rating system....

just using one of my fics (not my current one) as an example.....

Parent Trap: SW Style

Romance = [face_love] [face_love]

Humor = [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's just an example.....

then a link to the fanfic........and include a summary/synopsis and finally a review.

BTW, Em, thanks for giving the link to Lightswords in the beginning of this thread.

18. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Great, AQ! I can't wait to see it!

Just as a note, the links at the beginning are just examples of your work; in other words, I'm only putting one story up per author. If you have another story you'd rather use, please send me the address and title of the story. Thanks! (No links, please. It's much easier to code if I have the address itself.)

Lovely, Liz. Now we *do* need to think up standards for ratings and such. Like what kind things earn humor points in our stories? Mush points? Angst? What is good humor/angst/romance? What kind of things do we *not* want to see?

Another note: If you like angsty mush, or mushy angst, or whatever you want to call it, check out Bring on the Rain. I think the link is in AQ's profile. If not, I'm going to return with the link soon anyway. It's full of (or is going to be full of) lovely mushy angst.

Emmi

19. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    like I said, it was just an example. For instance......I had a lot of references to the actual movie in my Parent Trap fic....and some inside jokes.....if I remmeber right.

Like for the mush.....I only gave this example 2 faces for it because if you know the story,they are separated.....

How about one face be something like "A few kisses" to 5 faces be a wedding, kisses, etc.......you know?

This is just an example......every story will be difrerent.

20. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    My fic is set between ESB and ROTJ. It's an AU but corresponds pretty well with the events in Shadows of the Empire. Luke is on Tatooine building his saber and Mara is sent by the Emperor, without the Force or any real info, to find him. Though they both hide their identities from each other (Mara because she doesn't think a 'simple farmboy' would be anything like the Jedi she is trying to track down and Luke because he doesn't feel fit to proclaim himself as a Jedi, and just for simple hiding purposes). Incidently, they fall in love, fall under the traps of Vader, and are forced at the last second to...

Ah... but that's a secret. :D

Complicated, I know. But I think it works. :)

21. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *looks around nervously*

All right, everyone, here's the essay. Please be gentle! This is the first time I've ever really done anything like this.

Much Ado About? Jade?
    By AngelQueen

In a small paperback book that uses a blue cover portraying several characters that we?ve become quite familiar with, as well a few that we have not, we first become acquainted with a Force-sensitive bent on avenging the death of the Emperor, who was defeated five years before.

When I first encountered Mara Jade in Heir to the Empire, and first ?heard? the razor-sharp edge of her words, I immediately thought, ?Beatrice. She?s the Beatrice of Star Wars.? Every time I found her baiting someone, I would also see the Lady Beatrice of Shakespeare?s Much Ado About Nothing butting heads with Lord Benedick.

Still, to me, Luke is not a Benedick-type of person. Whereas Benedick repaid Beatrice for every barb and insult, Luke always treated his dealings with Mara with kindness and patience-most of the time anyway. He gave her a gift more precious than the finest gemstones: his trust. He gave her this even though all he had received from Mara was hostility and threats.

But from that hostility, a bond of friendship was born in The Last Command. A bond that the fans were always aware of.

After Timothy Zahn?s wonderful trilogy came to a close, we saw Mara only on a rare occasion, but such times were always a treat for the readers, no matter the situation.

Then Zahn returned to the Star Wars Universe to throw Luke and Mara together for another exciting adventure. What made me happy was that Zahn did not attempt to have Mara mellow out as the books progressed. By the end of Vision of the Future, Mara still had her biting attitude, she just no longer used it to push away the people that tried to love her.

Timothy Zahn created a character that many fans can identify with, just as George Lucas did over thirty years ago when he put together A New Hope. Many people can link Mara Jade with other famous characters throughout literature, similarly to how I did with the Lady Beatrice. Whether Zahn meant to do this when he created her, only he can say.

But it us unlikely that Mara Jade will be forgotten. Just as no one ever forgot the characters from the movies, such as Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, the lovable droids Artoo-Detoo and See-Threepio, or any of the others. Mara may never have been seen in the movies, but she is an essential part of the Star Wars Universe.

It is always surprising that a character can be given so much attention or produce so much thought just from a first glance.

22. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    AQ! Oh my god that is so wierd! In my story I had Luke and Mara get into a little fight and Mara replied-

"Ending with a jade's trick, Lukie-pookie?" In a mocking tone.

Wierd.....

Anywho! Great essay! Love the title, and so true! :)

23. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    I like your essay, AQ! :)

I also like the concept of your fic, Jaded Skywalker. Is it already written/posted (if so, can you please give us a link?), or still in plot bunny stage?

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Great essay, AngelQueen! :D

25. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    Nope, Devi, it's almost done! I wouldn't dream of posting a story I had not already had completely finished! My life is too busy to wory about pleasing my readers about getting another post up. But I'll be sure to post the link here when I do put it up! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.