main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SJRS-Skywalker-Jade Revival Society--locked in order to set up Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by EmilieDarklighter, Dec 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hehehe. Good for him!

As soon as I get the time, I'm going to write a SoG post! You see? The SJRS is working already!

Emmi

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I can't wait, AngelQueen! I've been upping that thread forever......the post better be worth my efforts! ;) 8-}

By the way, chapter 9 was posted last week......but no rush.... ;)

3. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *reading LOF*

4. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    *LOL*

Thanks Emmi for reading my story again. :)

I may need help with brainstorming chapter 11.......right now chapter 10 looks like it won't have any problems..... ;)

If anything changes, I'll send Emmi a PM to change the subject.

5. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Sure thing, Liz. Just give me the word. ;)

SoG post is coming soon!

6. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Erm... [face_blush] Can someone tell me a few of the after-affects of drunken-ness? :p I've ne'er tried it before, and want to make it interesting for Lord Vader and his charge. [face_mischief] ;)

7. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    **de-lurk**

Hey vader_incarnate, druken-ess, depending on the extent and/or specific substance consumed, can cause several if not all of the following symptoms: dizziness (or rather a lack of good balance which can end up making one dizzy); vomitting (this is depends on the body chemistry of the person, and the general amount and type of drink consumed); loosening of muscles (you tend to be on the opposite spectrum of tense); intensifying of mood (this doesn't necessarily make you happy, it simply amplifies the mood you're in. If you're angry, you'll get furious, if you're sad, you'll get very depressed, if your happy, you'll get very happy, etc.); giggliness (not a word, I know, but it works. You basically laugh at everything); and sometimes an increased sexual desire and/or arousal (though this might not be something to highlight ;) ).

Hope that helps!

**re-lurk**

-~Aanix~-

8. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    Oooh, that's good! [face_devil] *begins plotting...*

Oh, incidentally, is the big picture of Georgie-boy giving anyone else the shivers? He looks like he's saying, "I'm going to sue you!" over and over again...

9. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL, vader.

I can't wait for the next post of Some Things!

10. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    Oh. My. God. I. Got... ARCHIVED. :D

I am so supercalifragilistically happy... :D Like I knew it was accepted, but it's different to have it actually up there, you know??

*celebrates* Oooh, I have this really warm, special feeling now...

*snaps fingers, making food and drinks magically appear* C'mon, everyone, dig in. ;) :D

... oh, btw, it is L/M, so there might be an actual reason I'm putting this here, other than the fact I'm reeeaaally happy...

... [face_blush] I'm too happy. Waaay too much sugar combined with happiness is not a good thing for Zellie... ooh, I foresee a lot of Vader-torture as a result of this...

I'll shut up now. *zips lips*

*cartwheels out, whooping and hollering all the while*

11. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Congrats, Zellie!

Emmi

*throws confetti*

*passes out party hats*

12. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I just read it, Zellie, and it's beautiful. Dreadfully sad, heartbreakingly true to character, and very beautiful. I loved it.

Emmi

13. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    *swings Emmi around in a circle* Thankiees! :D Yeehaw!!

*stops spinning, and gives a giant bear hug* Ooh, I'm happy...

*runs off to torture Lord Vader while the muse is still here...* [face_devil]

14. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    *six-year-old Mara walks in, pouting*

LIL' MARA: Hey, am I the only person here??

UP! :D

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    hey, does anyone have experience around small children? I need help with writing an upcoming scene in my story, but need to talk about it privately via IM or PM. I want most of it to be a surprise......

V_I, are you home yet? ;)

16. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
  17. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Hmmm...we have important matters to discuss. Lil' Mara needs something to keep her occuppied. *thinks*

*locks lil' Mara in a room filled with candy and lil' Luke*

Will that do it?

Okay guys...it's Christmas vacation and we have some work to do!

I want to separate members to do certain jobs. Jedi_Liz, we already know that your job is to collect as many links to as many L/M stories as you can. You can have one person to help you send out PMs to ask for permission to load their stories into the new index.

AQ, you've already done the first of the Mara feature articles. Is there anything else you want to do?

I need to assign a specific person (or people) to go out and find as many pictures of Luke Skywalker as possible. They can be from the movies, comics, or hand-drawn, but be sure that you email or PM the artist for permission if the art is digital or hand drawn.

I also need to assign people to find pictures of Mara. The same rules apply as above.

The same goes for pictures of Luke and Mara together. Does anyone want to volunteer?

I also need someone to compile a list of quotes from Mara, and I need someone to come up with a list of trivia questions.

Volunteers?

18. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Emmi, if we have an article page on the website, I was thinking of putting up a question once a week, or two weeks, whatever, and having people write their own articles or mini-articles.

Also, I'd be glad to do either the trivia questions or the quotes.

AQ

19. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *nods* Very good. We'll do that, AQ.

It's your pick, hon. Whichever you like.

20. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Very well then. I'll do the quotes.

Are the quotes limited to the books, or can they come from fanfics as well?

AQ

21. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    As long as you have author's permission. You have permission for any of my fics.

You can also do quotes from anything having to do with Mara, i.e (you don't have to add this to your list, it just popped in my head) "You, Mr. Darklighter, are done dancing with my wife." from SoG. Sometimes you might want to add the context of things that go around them, so they can be understood better.

22. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Righto! :) :D *grins* This is going to be fun! *rubs hands together*

AQ

23. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll be glad to collect the story links and I do think the databank needs redesigned. As soon as we figure out what we are going to do (like by era, crossovers, etc) maybe I can assign someone like AngelQueen to do one section, etc?

As soon as we decide HOW, I'll lock the current one and put a message in the databank indexes sticky that the thread is going to be starting a new one.

24. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Great!

Here's a sketchy idea on how to do it.

Hmmm...Era is good. AU stories should be separatd from canon stuff.

25. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    I'd be glad to volunteer for looking for Lukie pics or Mara pics - you can assign me for either of the two as you see fit. It (looking for piccies) is something I like to do anyhow. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.