main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive SkyWookiee's fanart: A New Topic Update 16 November 2006 Human, Rodian, Droid...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SkyWookiee, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :oops:
    Another thread I neglected to leave a comment in! [face_frustrated]!! Sorry, SkyWookiee! I looked at Luke when you got him posted, but for some reason didn't take time to reply then: I really like it a lot! The monochrome palette is very effective here, and suits the portrait beautifully (and I always loved that picture, too!). Lovely washes and shadows--a wonderful piece!

And the X-wing looks marvelous! Great representation of its environment, and good shading on the ship. I agree it turned out very well (I totally suck at mechanical stuff, so bravo on that skill!)! How about a Y-wing next? :p :D

Nice additions!

FF

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow, that X-wing is a beautiful painting. Was that done with Corel painter and a wacom tablet?

Excellent job. I also liked your painting of Luke. I love any painting with Luke.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

AG88

3. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you! That's how it was done.

4. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
  5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **picks teeth up off the floor and heads to keyboard**

Wow, SkyWookiee--that's just an awesome painting!! The textured wall behind him, the shading--the eyes just grabbed me. The likeness fades just a little bit below the nose (I think the chin and mouth might be just a tiny bit small...but it might just be me, too...), but there's definitely no question as to who this is. What a fantastic job--and this is one of my all-time favorite pictures of Han Solo, too (so naturally, I love this! :p ). There's so much depth, it's like looking at a softer focus photo--very, very well done. I would love to see you do a series of pieces like this, of any of the characters. Wonderful job!

FF

6. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you!

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay, Han! :D [face_dancing]

The rendering was well handled here. I agree with Deb in that you have no trouble telling who this is. Excellent portrait! I assume is was done in either PS or Corel(sp?) Painter?

8. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    I knew you'd like Han! Thank you! This is PhotoShop.

9. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow. That's absolutely great!

10. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you - I'm so proud!

11. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    [face_love] nice art work padawan. Han Solo looks so cute. Is amazing how you work with photoshop. Nice job. :D

12. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
  13. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    Impressive... :eek:

You detailed his cicatrixes (sp?) very well. That's an awesome picture, he looks angry... Very good work.
    I loved your X-wing, and your Han Solo and Qui-Gon, too ;)

Keep it up!

14. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you very much!

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:=D=

Whoa...

That's just gorgeous, SkyWookiee!! What stunning light in this one: very harsh and stark, and from just the right angles to emphasize the damage all over him... His eyes give me chills--and I agree that he looks angry (it was his perpetual state after his fall, after all...), but also pained, and not in a physical way...inside... A fantastic likeness, as well--this is just marvelous! Your digital painting skills are awesome! =D=

Wow...

FF

16. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you! Actually, I painted this basing on this photo, so lighting and angle are not my idea.

17. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    WOW DUDE AWESOME WORK!!!

Like, Wow! They all look wonderful, great job!

18. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you!

19. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Hay SkyWookiee i like your name and these pics you have done are rilly cool and welldone pat yourself on the back

Todan

20. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
  21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, beautiful, SkyWookiee!! =D= I love the composition of this, with the Tattooine moisture farm buildings ghosted into the background--and it's an excellent likeness, too! The light is wonderful, very soft and warm. I am so loving your digital painting--it just gets better and better!

FF

22. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you!

23. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
  24. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice job.

JL

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    What a lovely sketch of Qui-Gon! It looks like it was done in pen, or possibly very fine-tip marker. The face has a few minor proportional issues (his forehead seems to "slope back" just a bit too much...), but it's still an excellent likeness (absolutely no question as to who this is!); it's also one of my favorite images of him: sort of relaxed, in just his tunic...casual! :p Lovely job--and we're glad to see you back, SkyWookiee!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.