main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Slacker Con

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Stalker, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Members from three other Fanforces have already said they would be in town on February 7th and so I am trying to get more of them involved. Hopefully several of the DC people will be able to meet up also. I want to arrange something for after the book signing. Please post here if you plan to attend.

2. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    You making me do this...ain't you. :p

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

3. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I will be at the book signing in costume

4. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I plan on being at the signing. But as you all know, I don't dress-up.

5. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    I'll be there. Don't know about the costume yet or not :D

Stalker,

What are the three FanForces? I know Richmond and Norfolk but I'm curious bout the third :D

Nave

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    J_Sat is from NJO, I think that is the third he is talking about

7. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll be in town that weekend, I think. I suppose I could do my duties as coordinator....

8. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Then again, I am just reading the The Thrawn Trilogy now. Then you have the Hand of Thrawn books. There is no way I will have all of them read by February 7. I am guessing going to this will spoil those books for me.

9. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Isbeth is from the Maryland FF...and I am trying to get her to do both book signings.

10. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    whatwhenwherewhyhowwho?

11. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Ric, I can almost garuntee it will, because I'm sure people will ask why he did certain things in those books. but they usually make sure not to spoil the new book they are touring for

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    well...the signing is for the new book that comes out that week.

"Survivors Quest"

But I hope that he will sign other books too.

13. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Well unless he is like KJA he should. all the other Authors I've met have except KJA, he would only sign the book he was touring

14. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, I can do the social thing after the book signing, but I really have no interest in EU books, so no reason for me to go to the signing.

15. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Since I read very little Expanded Universe stuff, I will see if I care that the books are spoiled for me. I am mainly reading The Thrawn Trilogy because I keep hearing they are the best Star Wars books.

16. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Nave, yes I was talking about the New Jersey people that I also invited. And I may send an invite to some Philly people to see if they'd be willing to join in. Of course if you have friends from any FF that you can lure down here then by all means do so. We'll just call this SlackerCon.

17. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Hey, Mutt - we can have a "What's the big deal about the European Union" get-together at the same time of the signing for those of us who do't do EU. After all, I'll just make some smart alec comment and get in trouble with someone, somehow....

18. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Yes, I want a SlackerCon t-shirt!!!! So Rog since your planning SlackerCon, what is it we are doing after the signing???

19. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, I'm with you, Cinnea. What is all this fuss about the European Union anyway?

20. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Since I read very little Expanded Universe stuff, I will see if I care that the books are spoiled for me. I am mainly reading The Thrawn Trilogy because I keep hearing they are the best Star Wars books.

That is until Shatterpoint. :p

21. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    The evenings events will be deteremined primarily by the makeup of the group. I'll try to provide some details as soon as I make them up. I also need to determine an exact time and place for all to meet but that probably won't happen until this weekend at the earliest. Chances are it will be one of those nice 'family things' at first but I'll be planning something more geared for the rowdy single males afterwards too. :D

22. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Rowdy single males? But what about rowdy married women? I'm rowdy! Really! C'mon!! Single guys always look more attractive if they have at least a few girls with them - then they're not scary losers.

Silly European Union. The Euro has trashed the exchange rate and I can't go to Europe! Booo!!

23. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Cinnea, by now you should know that this rowdy single male has a habit of looking for rowdy married women. For now, we'll just say that I'll plan something appropriate for the crowd after I get to know a bit about who is going to be hanging out later.

24. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Eugenia...I'll take you up on that offer. :p

25. Bone-Jenga

Bone-Jenga Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2003
    No doubt Eugenia will be swooning for the ever popular Bone-Jenga! Women find him dead SEXY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.