main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Slave Crusades Drabbles (UDC 5) - Finished

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tarsier, May 19, 2010.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Blaster strapped to her thigh. And I could only squeeze two vibroblades into the false-bottom of this,? Dankin said, handing Mara a black clutch.

?At least I?ll be able to sharpen them if this reception gets too boring.?
    [face_laugh]

Like the scene you set up with Mountain.

[face_laugh]- The story of the cy?een

Great drabbles.

2. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    FelsGoddess - I'm so glad you liked them! Whenever I try to be funny I'm always afraid it will end up just sounding dumb. And once again thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Considering this week's themes were based on the Muppets and I've been trying to make my drabbles happier since I switched timelines, these came out quite depressing. Sorry about that, hopefully I'll be able to end on a happier note next week.

Week 19: Anniversary

91. Theater

It was the anniversary. Callista wanted to do something to distract Leia. Benji had been wanting to go to the holofilm theater; that seemed as good a distraction as any.

Benji walked between Callista and Leia down the street. As they rounded the corner, bringing the marquee into view, Callista stopped short. She glanced at Leia, suddenly thinking this was a bad idea.

"Han Solo and the Pirates of Kessel!?"Benji exclaimed. "I've always wanted to see that." He looked up at his aunt. "It was Anakin's favorite, right?"

Leia smiled, though tears gathered in her eyes. "It was indeed."

---------------------

92. Singing

Birds sang outside, but Han Solo didn't hear them. His face was stoic as he refolded each spare blanket for the fifth time. Determined to keep busy, he was reorganizing every corner of the Falcon.

As he was tucking the stack of blankets above the bunk in the rear bedroom, a bit of fabric fell to the floor. He retrieved the small item, wondering where it came from. He turned it over in his hand and saw that it was a finger puppet.

He fought the sob rising in his throat, clenching his jaw tight against emotion.

It wasn't fair.

93. Jokes

His life had become a joke. He might have been okay, if Chewie was here. But no, the galaxy had seen fit to take his copilot first. He might have been okay, if he could at least spend every waking moment with his wife and remaining children. But no. He was here alone, with nothing but a stupid finger puppet.

No, he corrected himself. It had been Anakin's favorite. It wasn't stupid.

Han opened his fist slowly, revealing the crushed sheath of fabric. He carefully picked it up and pulled it onto his finger, restoring most of its original shape.

94. Guests

It had started as a craft project. Leia had needed to meet some dignitaries from whoknowswhere, leaving Han to entertain Anakin. Han?s puppet was supposed to be a tauntaun, but between the floppy horns and the uneven eyes, mostly it just looked goofy. But Anakin had insisted they still play with it, and eventually Han had even come up with a special voice just for the character. A ridiculous, sing-song voice with a made up accent.

Han couldn't help but give half a smile at the thought of Anakin's laughter when they'd spent the afternoon playing with the handmade toys.

95. Puppets

It was awfully convenient, Han mused, finding that puppet after all these years on today of all days. Or maybe, just maybe...

Han wasn't so alone after all.

"I miss you, buddy," Han whispered.

His finger twitched and on a whim Han added, in that same ridiculous voice, 'I's misses ya too, kidio!"

Han swore he could hear Anakin's boisterous laughter filling the room and echoing throughout the ship. Han couldn't help but join in, laughing until it hurt. Laughing until he cried. Laughing until there was no more room for pain; for a moment, there was only childhood exuberance.

3. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Leia smiled, though tears gathered in her eyes. ?It was indeed.?
    :_| Awwww.

The story with the puppet is just wonderful. It has the perfect combination of sadness and bitterness. Well done. =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the new set with Han and the puppet forming a small touching story.

5. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Thank you very much, FelsGoddess and earlybird-obi-wan! I don't know why I'm writing so much about Han lately, I hardly ever write him.

Week 20

96. Girl

"New girl?" Dankin asked.

"Yeah," Odonnl replied. "Where are you going?"

"To say hi."

"I wouldn't..."

Dankin continued toward the table in the corner. She watched him approach, her eyes smoldering with cool green fire.

"Hi. I'm Dankin," he said, offering his hand. Mara ignored the gesture; he sat down with a shrug.

"So..." he began. "How do you like it here?"

She studied him, trying to figure out his game. It made her uneasy when she didn't know what someone wanted from her.

It was the first time she'd met anyone who wanted nothing more from her than friendship.

97. Secret

"You know something," Mara stated.

"Uh, what do you mean?" Dankin asked.

"You know I'll find out eventually, you might as well just tell me."

"I really can't. Karrde said..."

"Unlike you, I can keep a secret. Karrde will never know you told me."

Dankin hesitated, but then relented. "You know how you blew up your ship?"

"I seem to vaguely recall."

"Yeah. Well, Karrde's been working on a replacement."

"A new ship? For me?"

Dankin nodded, his reluctance at giving away the secret turning to eagerness to discuss a new toy. "It's not Fire, but it's pretty cool..."

98. Blood

"Is it bleeding?" Dankin asked, his eyes squeezed shut as Mara dabbed at his slightly split lower lip.

"A little," Mara replied. It wasn't bleeding much, but she'd known Dankin to pass out at less. "How exactly did this happen?"

"I don't know. I was trying to practice shooting--you know, so I can defend myself, like you're always telling us. I guess the blaster had more kick than I expected..."

"Only you, Dankin," Mara murmured, though secretly she smiled. It was oddly nice to know there were people out there like Dankin, without a violent bone in their body.

99. Magic

"Ta da!" Han exclaimed, presenting Benji with his stuffed whisperkit. "You didn't really think I'd made it disappear forever did you?"

"She's back!" Benji gleefully cried, taking the toy from Han. "How'd you do that?"

"Magic!" Han replied with a glint in his eye. "And you thought your dad was the only one in tune to the mysterious forces of the galaxy."

Han felt a pang as he watched the wonder on his nephew's young face. It had been a long time since he'd been able to impress his own kids like that. He rather doubted he ever would again.

100. Slayer

"The Demon Slayer of Dantooine? Really?" Mara looked skeptically at the Holonet screen. "This is so unrealistic. That move would never work. You know, with a war going on, I can't believe people waste their time with this."

"But that's what makes the show so great," Dankin replied. "Because it's not realistic. Unlike real life, she always wins. You watch her slay her demons long enough, you start to think that maybe the rest of us can slay ours too."

"I was going to say I like the blonde who can kick really high, but yeah, that too," Aves agreed.

6. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Han felt a pang as he watched the wonder on his nephew?s young face. It had been a long time since he?d been able to impress his own kids like that. He rather doubted he ever would again. Aw :(

You show a side of Han we rarely see. :)

The Demon Slayer of Dantooine? [face_laugh]

Great sets. :)

7. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Tarsier:
    Congrats on finishing the challenge :D =D=

I liked the one with Han and finding Anakin's finger doll - was very touching
    and then the one Han surprising little Benji

awesome Sets =D= :D