main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sleight of Hand (L/M, H/L) **COMPLETED!** Author replies & question 9/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kayladie97, Dec 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great post, kayladie. Mara's just as sarcastic as ever. I find it interesting that they managed to avoid that space slug incident. Also, I love what you've done with the Vader/Fett relationship. I wonder, has Vader ever told Boba that he, as Anakin, was on Geonosis when Jango lost his head?

I preume we'll encounter Yoda in the next post.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

2. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    oh this a superb fic.. I just found it and am so so so glad I decided to read it... It really made my day *happily humming the Imperial tune*

3. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Hi, kayladie,

Great post! I loved all the action-you wrote it really well, and I could just imagine it happening as I read.

Mara had a close call, but of course, Han and Chewie were there in time. Go, Han and Chewie! :)

Vader's all caught up in his frenzied search and his helpless rage at all the delays were well-written.

And Luke is getting closer to fulfilling his destiny. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out! Looking forward to more.

Kristeh

4. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    ohhhh very nice . . . :D

soo. . . we get to watch Mara get wooed by Lando, since Han can't scare him off by saying she's his like he did with Leia . .

Vader's got quite a bit of leverage there. .. w/ Mara . . . oohhh. . . :) looking forward to that. .. I'm not sure if it will be han or Mara that tries to get that shot off. . . or who it will be in the carbonite. . .

:(

5. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was a very awesome update!!!! :D Very long too. :p I'm glad that Han decided not to let her be captured or killed by the TIEs... I think she is too. :p Vader not liking Leia makes me laugh... if he only knew. [face_mischief] ;)

6. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    *rescued from page 3*

Uppie!!

7. JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA

JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2003
    i love the twists! After I read To Follow My Destiny I still can't picture Leia as evil!

POST SOON! PLEASE!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

:cool: Mariana :cool:

8. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Up!!!

9. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    *poins at LaYa* Yeah!!! What she said!

10. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Hey All,

Sorry I've been so slack in getting replies and more story up. I've been very preoccupied with the "juvenile-delinquent-in-training." ;) Still trying to figure out why his BP was elevated, so they've taken him off the medicine for the ADHD. As a result, he's having a VERY difficult time in school. Add to that about a half-dozen doctor's visits and I've had little time for SW. :( Oh, and he now has a buzz-cut in the middle of winter because he decided to cut a big chunk of hair out of the top of his head! Kids!!

To the replies...

GreatOne: They DO get together... right?

Umm, can I plead the 5th on that one? :D

Merkuria: New reader! Welcome!

where was Leia in the meantime? And how will her path cross with Han's again?

All in good time, m'dear, all in good time! ;)

RebelMom: I'm reading this in two different places and I can't remember where I'm leaving comments.

I have the same problem with many of the stories I read! As long as you're reading it somewhere. :p

LaYa: Great post!!!!

Thanks! And thank you for the ups as well. :)

Kazzy: They have a habit of arriving just in time to save people. Han Solo to the rescue!

Yep, that's our heroes, all right! And Han was quite proud of himself at that moment, wasn't he? :p

When do I get the next chapter? Soon, I hope.

Er, see the above A/N as to why you haven't yet, but I hope to have the chapter you sent me of AMiT back to you by this weekend. I'm about half-done with it. [face_blush]

Tych_Sel: I find it interesting that they managed to avoid that space slug incident.

Well, I figured the only reason GL put that in there was to give Han and Leia a chance for The Kiss and since I definitely didn't want that happening between Han and Mara.... :D

has Vader ever told Boba that he, as Anakin, was on Geonosis when Jango lost his head?

I don't know, although I doubt it! I'm not going to really get into that in this story and in fact, Fett's role is pretty much done.

LumiKuningatar: oh this a superb fic.. I just found it and am so so so glad I decided to read it

Another new reader! Welcome! I had to check about 3 times to make sure I spelled your username right! :p Glad you're enjoying the story so far.

kristeh: I loved all the action-you wrote it really well, and I could just imagine it happening as I read.

[face_blush] Thanks! That means a lot coming from one of my favorite writers.

Mara had a close call, but of course, Han and Chewie were there in time. Go, Han and Chewie!

Yeah, those two do come in handy sometimes! [face_laugh]

maramijade: Han can't scare him off by saying she's his like he did with Leia . .

Han's still not about to let Lando put the moves on Mara, though. He looks at her as a little sister. Would you let a guy like Lando mess with YOUR sister? [face_laugh]

who it will be in the carbonite. . .

Hmmm, I wonder? ;)

Jaina_and_Jag: I'm glad that Han decided not to let her be captured or killed by the TIEs... I think she is too.

She's like his little sister! Of course, he had to rescue her. And yeah, I'm pretty sure she's glad he did... :p

JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA: i love the twists! After I read To Follow My Destiny I still can't picture Leia as evil!

I'm not familiar with that story. Where can I find it? And Leia's not really evil, she's just drawn that way. ;) (Sorry, couldn't help it!)

GrandAdmiralKyrrona: Yet another new reader! I'm doing a happy dance! (you should be glad you can't see this! [face_laugh] )

*poins at LaYa* Yeah!!! What she said!

Is right now soon enough? ;)

11. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Chapter Seven

?Are you going to make a move anytime soon??

?When I?m ready. Shut up.?

?You know you?re gonna lose. Why don?t you just go ahead and make a move??

?Solo?? Mara said in a warning tone as she continued to study the dejarik board. He did have her in a bind, she had to admit, but there had to be a way out of it somehow.

?Oh, my, will you look at that? While we?ve been waiting for Mara to make a move, we?ve already made it all the way to Bespin!?

?I am not taking that long!?

?You?ve been sitting there, staring at the board, for nearly a half hour! You?re gonna lose anyway. Make a move!?

Frustrated, Mara reached down and pulled the power supply for the dejarik game out of the socket. Han watched in disbelief as his winning game sputtered and disappeared. ?There! I made a move! You happy??

Tempers had been flaring recently aboard the Falcon. They were only three weeks into their six-week journey and the tension and uncertainty of the situation was getting to all three of them. Even Mara and Chewbacca had been arguing and that was unusual. Most of the disagreements had stemmed from whose fault the Falcon?s hyperdrive problems were and the fact that they had been unable to raise anyone from the Alliance on the comm.

Han and Mara stood glaring at one another for a long moment before she ducked her head with a sigh.

?I?m sorry, Han. I didn?t mean??

Han immediately felt guilt flood his senses and that was not an emotion he was familiar, or comfortable, with. But Mara was one of the most important people in the galaxy to him and he realized that he might have gone a little too far.

?Look, Mara, I know things have been a little tense. I shouldn?t have teased you,? Han said, a little gruffly. He was not a man who apologized easily.

?You?re right, you shouldn?t have.?

Han resumed his angry glare.

?But you were beating me,? she offered as a truce.

His glare melted into his trademark lopsided smile. ?I was, wasn?t I??

?All right, all right, there?s no need to rub it in. Unless you want to start up that argument again?? Mara muttered.

Han raised his hands in a conciliatory gesture. ?Nah, I think you?ve learned your lesson.?

Mara gave an exasperated groan. ?You just can?t quit, can you??

?It?s part of my charm.?

Mara decided she?d really better let it drop at that or they would get angry with one another again. They sat back down at the dejarik table, neither feeling the need to speak for a moment. But Han had never been able to stand silence for long.

?Wonder how Luke and Wedge are doing??

?Ah, well, I don?t know about Wedge, but I imagine Luke is pretty busy right about now,? Mara said, a little nervously. She hadn?t yet found the words to tell Han about Luke?s trip to Dagobah, but she guessed now was as good a time as any.

?What are you talking about? Why would he be any busier than Wedge??

?Um, he didn?t exactly go to the rendezvous with the rest of the fleet.?

Han remained amazingly calm. ?He didn?t. And just where did he go??

?He went to Dagobah to finish his Jedi training.?

?He what?!? Han exploded. ?What is the kid thinking!? Doesn?t he realize there?s a huge price on his head? Doesn?t he know what the Imps will do to him if they catch him alone? And what?s with this Jedi garbage anyway? It?s all a bunch of mumbo-jumbo and nonsense. There ain?t no such thing as the Force and Luke Skywalker ain?t no Jedi!?

?Han! How can you say that? You know how important this is to him. It?s his legacy. His father and General Kenobi--?

?Kenobi! That old fossil? He was the one responsible for putting those stupid dreams in the kid?s head to begin with!? He paused in his rant as he realized something. ?You knew about this before we left Hoth. And you didn?t say anything to stop him.?

?No, I did not. As a matter of fact, I gave him my support and encouragement,? Mara said vehemently.

?How could you do that? Are you touched in the head, too?? Han d

12. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Wonderful scene between Han and Mara there, kayladie. The tension between them is present, but not nearly as romantic as that between Han and Leia, which I suppose is appropriate for the story.

Leia seems to be in trouble here. And Wedge better keep an eye one her, so that she can't betray the Alliance.

Luke failed the test in the cave, huh? I can almost hear Yoda. "Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing." I'm guessing that the nightmare at the end will have something to do with Mara.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

13. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    *This is your last chance, Leia. Do not fail me again.*

Hey He used her real name!

I Wonder......

Anyway Awesome job. But I really can't see Leia sitting around for weeks waiting for them to show up. Something eles is goning to happen.

14. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    so Han and Mara are on their way with the goldenrod and R2>>>
    Leia is with the Alliance and plots to our heroes demise>>>>
    Luke is on a swampy planet with a green troll to teach him>>>

things are certainly looking interesting for them>>>>

He couldn?t sleep because his mind kept going over and over the events in the Dark Side cave earlier that day. He felt like a miserable failure and right now he was certain that Master Yoda was seriously regretting taking him on as an apprentice.

and poor lukie dear...but he still should've listened to the green troll a.k.a Yoda

15. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I like the interplay you have between Han and Mara -- the easy brotherly/sisterly teasing banter. Wonder if Han or Wedge won the bet about Luke and Mara. And was the bet about their kissing, or something else? ;)

Will Leia show up on Bespin, too? I like how you're weaving canon aspects of the story into your AU version. Good job.

16. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Excellent post! :) I have no idea how this story is going to play out. hmmm. *thinks*

17. The_Good_Twin

The_Good_Twin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2003
    I loved that scene with Mara and Han! Han is really such a nerf! :p :D

I also don?t think that Leia will wait much longer that Luke will finally show up.

Uh, and I really have a bad feeling about the nightmare (vision?).

Great post again!

:D :D :D

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Han teasing Mara was great! [face_laugh]

?You sure can?t have kissed many guys, Jade! The kid? Amazing? He?s probably as innocent as you are!?
    [face_laugh] Poor, poor Mara! [face_laugh]

A wave of agonizing pain flowed over their connection and through every nerve ending in her body. She cried out and toppled over to the floor of her cabin, her entire body feeling as if it were on fire.
    :eek: Poor Leia! :( Now if someone could tell her that Luke is her brother and the Emperor is bad maybe she and Han could get together. :p

And hopefully, he would be able to see Mara again soon. Perhaps share more than a simple kiss with her. There was a tiny smile playing across his lips as he finally drifted off to sleep.
    Awww. [face_love]

The first nightmare came that night.
    What kind of nightmare? [face_plain] Maybe he's having a vision of the night Leia was taken from Padme! :(

Can't wait for more! :D

19. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    *gasp* :eek:
    BAD CLIFFIE! BAD BAD BAD!!!
    *pins kayladie to the wall* MORE! NOW!!! *ties kayladie to computer* NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!
    *disappears*

20. JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA

JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2003
    WHAT A CLIFFHANGER!The story TO FOLLOW MY DESTINY is in The Saga board and it's not yet finished. The writers are Mar17swgirl and DarthIshtar

POST SOON!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

:cool: Mariana :cool:

21. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    The nightmares began that night??!!! What nightmares!!?? Luke's having nightmares?~~!!! That can't be good .... :( ;)

22. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great scene between Mara and Han !

?I said, he kissed me!? Mara said, blushing furiously.

?Really? How interesting!? Han said with an infuriatingly smug smile. ?Tell me, did you kiss him, or did he kiss you, or was it kind of a mutual thing??

?What in the stars does that matter?? Mara asked in confusion.

?Ah, no reason, no reason!? Han said quickly. He sat back down and looked at her intently. ?So??

?So what?? she asked.

?So how was it??

?Han!? she shouted indignantly. ?That?s none of your business!?

He just continued to look at her, his brow slowly arching. She blushed again.

?It was?amazing,? she whispered.

To her embarrassment, Han burst out laughing. ?You sure can?t have kissed many guys, Jade! The kid? Amazing? He?s probably as innocent as you are!?

[face_laugh] lool

And poor Leia... [face_plain]

The first nightmare came that night.

Hm... I have a bad feeling about this..

And, kayladie, you're welcome (about the Up's!! ) :)

Post soon ;)

23. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Sorry I didn't post sooner I was galvanting up and down the country-side in a train. I love the train.

Han and Mara's bantering was fantastic. I can totally see Mara getting annoyed enough to pull the plug on the game. It only be Han who could annoy her like that too. Luke may piss her off all the time, but it's not quite the same. I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again, Han's got this great 'big brother' attitde going on when it comes to Luke and Mara. it's fun to watch.

?Tell me, did you kiss him, or did he kiss you, or was it kind of a mutual thing??

?What in the stars does that matter?? Mara asked in confusion.

?Ah, no reason, no reason!? Han said quickly.

That's right Han. You really don't want to tell her why you want to know who kissed who.

There isn't enough Leia in your fic. I'm petitioning now for more Leia. :D

Poor you. My sister's ADHD, I know what it's like living with one who doesn't have medication. :( I hope you guys figure out what's going on. I had to laugh at the haircut, though. You gotta watch kids with scissors and hair. Just get him a nice wooly hat.

24. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    If Kazzy is petitioning for more Leia, I am petitioning for HAN and Leia! (Except if she is a dark sithy sort, maybe I don't want Han to come in too much contact with her! It could be painful for my Corellian!!! :eek: )

25. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Upping this story!! :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.