main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Jun 11, 2014.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  3. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Tython Awakening likes this.
  4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    If anyone has recommendations for old TV shows, this could be a good place to share them, as we will need it.

Our governor (CA) said this week that we are looking at a major shutdown (that would include the Hollywood area) within a few weeks if things don't get better, and getting better at this point involves the Chance brothers, Slim and None, and Slim already left town; hospital are quickly filling up and cases/deaths are spiking. We will sooner than later get to a big gap in new TV shows because of all these shutdowns. It hasn't happened yet because of the delay time from finishing a season to putting it on- but it most certainly will. Hollywood will be REALLY damaged by the second shutdown (and that's still the first wave....).

My recommendation that many have never seen is Banshee, fantastic show that never got much watching (not family entertainment, very violent and sexy). Black Sails is also really good, especially if you like pirate stories.

I've heard Dr. Who was great, but I started season 1, and the first episode was horrendous- does it get any better? Any other suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We are marathoning entire runs of old anime. Today we wrap up all 3 seasons and 3 films of Space Pirate Captain Harlock.

Simultaneously, we are revisiting the original run of the scifi series V.

Pro Scoundrel and Lee_ like this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Original V is life's blood. The original mini-series is still one of the best things that ever happened.

9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Just downloaded it, I'll put it on my Roku attached hard drive to check it out.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Pre-Freddy Krueger Robert Englund is award worthy.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, it looks like today is the darkest of days for Star Wars fans....

[​IMG]

It's official- Hollywood is shuttered. LA is on the list of 30 counties that must close all nonessential indoor businesses (my county too). Given LA school districts have already stated they will be all distance learning, it looks even worse; doubtful they will open movies anytime soon if they are keeping schools closed.

This actually is very sad for the workers in Hollywood. Not obviously Tom Cruise and KK types, but the vast majority of the industry being extras, costume makers, vendors, etc. There was so much talk that they were decimated by the first shutdown, and specifically that if they were shuttered a second time, there was no coming back.

I'll say this, this situation will make us a much more grateful and less entitled fandom- by the time this situation is over, we will be in a frame of mind to cry out in ecstacy over the announcement of a Jar Jar Binx origin story onscreen..

[​IMG]

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I was in a frame of mind to cry out in ecstasy over the announcement of a Jar Jar film years ago.

MrDarth0, Lee_ and InterestingLurker like this.
  13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  14. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    You'll get Ben Quadinaros and you'll like it!

Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  16. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    +2 Ben Quadinaros

Bor Mullet and Lee_ like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    The Future is Quadinaros.

InterestingLurker and starfish like this.
  18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    +1.

Perfect character for a Pixar short, if they decided to do a crossover into Star Wars territory.

Sarge likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I have a bizarre affinity for Gasganno as well.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  21. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Dammit, just make a film with Rum Sleg.

23. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Always loved that guy.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    MODified: This isn't the best idea. It could lead to your personal information and current address becoming known. Your heart's in the right place. The post just wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2020