main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Jun 11, 2014.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I'm not used to compliments, so many thanks!

:D

2. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    You're welcome.

DarthTunick I think you're a cool SW fan, DT. Love your username too.

:)

DarthTunick likes this.
  3. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    On the username: It's a rather uninspired choice ('Darth' on a SW message board? Original!; 'Tunick' is my last name), but it still works.

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    I think it is very creative.

:)

5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013

And it does make for a great nickname, "Tunes"!:)

DarthTunick likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, Armen has been 'Tunes' on here for over a decade. It's a lovely setup.

Pensivia and DarthTunick like this.
  7. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I really think that Kermit should be in EP7. He looks just about as realistic as the Ewoks.

8. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I think I could get behind a Muppet/SW crossover. [face_thinking]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    There's only one kind of SW crossover I could ever want:

. :D

:p

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

We affirm you all the time you ungrateful wretch!

DarthTunick likes this.
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    That's bound to have an effect sooner or later.

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Tunick is just being modest:p

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I've always been a shy-to-modest fellow concerning personal stuff of that nature; I'm only arrogant/ brag about the accomplishments and so forth concerning the sports teams I root for. :p

And hello, rumsmuggler! :D You post far too infrequently.

14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I enjoy it here in small doses, and in decent company.

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Fair enough; I certainly don't begrudge you in having that point-of-view.

How's your life outside the internets? Well-enough, hopefully?

16. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    My life is pretty good, working towards a nursing degree, and decent job security. Tired of the dead end jobs with little pay.

DarthTunick likes this.
  17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Glad to hear that, man.

18. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Thanks. How are things with you?

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    A mix of bad & good. The bad: Had an uncle pass away last month due to cancer complications, and another is currently in & out of hospital/nursing home care due to a litany of issues; still out of work.

The good: I'm very likely/serious in returning back to school this fall, regardless of where that leads me, etc; I've resumed my daily walks (did so for about 2 weeks last year, but then quit)- at least 60 minutes a day... since June 13th, I've only skipped 3-days; relationships between friends & family remain strong; the JC, drama/the now-and-the boredom aside, continuing to be an interesting, fun place to post at, etc.

20. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Sorry to hear about your uncle passing away, and another being in and out of hospital. Being out of work sucks, but going back to school, and taking daily walks is a good thing. I wish you well on your endeavors.

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Many thanks/much appreciation for those sentiments there, rummy.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Sorry about the loss, Tunes.

I felt a need to ask what everyone's top 10 monster movies are but, since it's me, we should make it top 20 just to give me more room to work with.

DarthTunick likes this.
  23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm fairly certain that I don't have a top-10 list concerning that type of film... on-the-other-hand, let's say the subject was horror/slasher films? I've got a top-10 for that.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    1) Halloween

[​IMG]

It more than deserves the great reputation it gets: from the eerie build up to the murders that pile up during the last act, to the wonderful John Carpenter score, to Donald Pleasence's brilliance & so forth, it's all part of this wonderful film. One "complaint" (an observation, really), though: Why couldn't have Carpenter set this film in California, since that's where it was shot? I mean, from the mountains in the background during the Dr. Loomis on-the-payphone scene, to the California license plates on the automobiles, to the presence of palm trees in some background shots... all of that bizarreness could have been easily solved. :p

2) Psycho

If you haven't seen this film, then see it! Like with the previous entry, there's so much similar brilliance here: the buildup, music, and so forth. I challenge you to not be creeped out by that clip there.

3) Bride of Chucky

[​IMG]

Inspired by the Scream "revolution" of the 90's -to take the genre & flip it around to a more self-aware, black comedyish state- , this take on the Child's Play series is so ******* funny, never dull.

4) The Devil's Rejects

NSFW/language, etc warning

Rob Zombie does a fine job of mixing in that black, sardonic comedy amid a genuinely creepy picture... the inherent idea of a gang, well a family, of murderous deviants isn't original, but when executed in such a fine fashion? It's niiiiice.

5) Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Proof that not all slasher-sequels are bad; Dr. Loomis is back, we get an interesting set of new characters (in particular: Beau Starr's 'Sheriff Meeker' & Danielle Harris' 'Jamie Lloyd'). And that opening there, the creepy music, the montage of stereotypical items associated with that time of year... one of my favorite openings to any horror film.

6) Scream/Scream 2/Scream 3/Scream 4

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'm including the whole series as a single entry... SO WHAT?! :p Even with the faults of the last-two entries, the series overall remains extremely strong & interesting to watch.

7) Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Talk about a self-aware film: The concept of setting a Freddy film in the real-world, using the real actors & such works well, in spite of the inherent bizarreness of the premise. And of course, the L.A. setting, and having an earthquake as a plot-point -those portions of the film were done a mere month before the 1994 Northridge earthquake... how eerie is that?- was all stuff that only I would get a serious thrill out of. :p

8) Child's Play

Another bizarre premise that works well; Brad Dourif does amazing voice-work here.

9) Halloween

[​IMG]

No, no, you're not seeing double... this is the '07 Rob Zombie verison! I've always loved & very much respected how Zombie reached out to John Carpenter to get his blessing for this, because Zombie's take on the Halloween mythos is a stark departure from how Carpenter presented it. Some people were put-off by that, but screw that line of thinking... I don't find anything inherently wrong with a little tinkering of the original source material. Malcom McDowell as Dr. Loomis? Zombie regulars Sheri Moon Zombie/William Forsythe/Ken Foree/Sid Haig having roles? I love it! :cool:

10) Freddy vs. Jason

[​IMG]

A classic? No. But, there are many entertaining moments (I mean, having this type of crossover is weird, but so what?), and the opening night crowd to which I was a part of (obviously :p ) many years ago here in the S.F. Valley was so delirious pumped, ate up all the weirdness about this film, that it remains one of the best opening night/weekend experiences I've ever had at the movies, and hence its inclusion on this list.