main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Gaming Smack My Switch Up: The Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (was: NX)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 18, 2015.

1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Huh, $300 on March 3. A bit higher than I expected, they had better have a killer launch line-up considering that's close to the other console prices. At least they got rid of region locking too, not that it matters much to me, but at least that's a plus. Didn't expect to see USB-C here.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    8-player local co-op over wifi.Yasss.

Life and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Force Ghost star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I went to put a deposit down on a switch at Game and... well...

[​IMG]

lol

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    This HD rumble thing could be very, very cool, if it's as detailed as suggested. Horror games and search/hunting-type mechanics could really benefit from that.

1-2-Switch could be an interesting party game but I kinda feel like it needs to be pack-in title for me to get it.

EDIT- And I believe i will really, really love this Inspector-Gadget-meets-hookshot-boxing game. :D

EDIT 2- It's called "Arms".

5. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    That was... odd. Reminds me of the old Wii games, but perhaps even more advanced than was possible with the Wiimote? How many times are they going to snap their fingers during this presentation anyway. Ah, the old Gamecube handle, I still like that "lunchbox" design.

And here's another weird game. Punch-out? No, wait, its something else it seems. Reminds me a bit of the Splatoon design aesthetic.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's probably not a coincidence- I suspect it's targeted to join Splatoon and Smash on a competitive scene.

EDIT 2- Speaking of which, Splatoon 2- not a port!

EDIT 3- Local multiplayer, finally!

Having to toggle to the map is an unfortunate result of losing the second screen functionality of the Gamepad, sadly.

7. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Wow, the lack of anti-aliasing in Splatoon 2 hurts.

8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Curator: Art&RPF | Oceania RSA | CR NSW star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Mar 9, 2002
    Glad to see Splatoon back again.

9. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Ah, that's better, nice to see something recognizable rather than something from the Wii era (looks like they're really going for Wii nostalgia with 1 2 Switch). New Splatoon it is then, Splatoon 2. Never did get around to Splatoon 1 though.

EDIT- Ok, what kind of Mario game is this?!

10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Curator: Art&RPF | Oceania RSA | CR NSW star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Mar 9, 2002
    Super Mario Odyssey! Looks like Mario Sunshine/Galaxy Successor we've been waiting...

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, wow! it looks like we finally have a true successor to Super Mario Sunshine!!! YES! It may have taken `14 years but it looks like the wait will be worth it.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    OMG Xenoblade2… wow...

13. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Ooh, I am loving how Super Mario Odyssey looks so far. Never expected to see Mario in a modern city like that. Too bad it won't be out until the holidays though. Not sure about the hat though.

And ooh, new Xeno?! Xenoblade 2!!! YES!!!

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fire Emblem Warriors? "PICK A GOD AND PRAY!"

Xeno 2 looks gorgeous.

15. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Xenoblade 2!?!?!?! Fire Emblem Warriors!?

[​IMG]

Life and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  16. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    I liked Zelda Hyrule Warriors a lot, looking forward to what they'll do with Fire Emblem.

And now Atlus? And Persona/Shin Megami?

17. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    As excited as some of the reveals make me, I can't help but notice the lack of launch games so far...

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Project Octopath Traveller... awkward AF title, but it looks really cooll. Love the visual design.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It does look fun.

There be dragons with Skyrim. I wonder if there be more titles on the way from Bethesda.

20. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Not even the translator can handle Suda 51.

He's about to bring the roof down.

21. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Looks like holiday 2017 will be strong, with Super Mario Odyssey at least, but yeah, not sure I'm going to pick one up at launch. Hopefully they're holding the Zelda announcement for last.

Never expected to see Todd Howard at a Nintendo presentation. Even if it is only to confirm Skyrim on Switch.

And No More Heroes is back. Guess this isn't completely scripted, based on how slow the translator is talking.

EDIT: They're really dragging out the announcement of Zelda's launch date, huh? Funny that Mr. Miyamoto and Aonoma are in the New York segment rather than the Japan location.

YES!! Zelda is confirmed as a launch title!! Now to go figure out where to pre-order a Switch.

22. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Okay, I was going to hold off on a switch thanks to the lack of launch titles but...

THAT ZELDA TRAILER! DAY ONE BUY!

23. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Damn, Zelda looks pretty awesome. Good move on their part to make it a launch title.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Zelda made me cry, holy crap.

Oh, btw- VOICE ACTING! :eek:

I also love how the NYC levels evoke certain episodes of the old Mario 3 cartoons when the plumbers actually went back to Brooklyn.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  25. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Is it me, or was that the first time we've heard so much voice acting in a Zelda game? Either way, beautiful trailer. Happy that at least Zelda will be a launch title, that gives the Switch a heavy hitter to drive sales.

Well, pretty good show. My favorite part was probably the Super Mario Odyssey reveal, that'll be my most anticipated game going forward. And I'm curious how much Nintendo will have ready to show by E3 in June. Now I hope we get pre-order details soon, and that it won't turn out to be hard to find.

EDIT: There's a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe trailer on Nintendo's channel now. No release date, but looks fun, as usual. Looks like it'll have Splatoon characters and... Link? That's new, I think?