main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Smack My Switch Up: The Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (was: NX)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 18, 2015.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Has anyone shipped a joy-con to Nintendo for repair? I'd love to hear your experience and what it cost you.

solojones likes this.
  2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

It was free and pretty fast.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  4. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Identical for me. And it was during covid. Maybe 7 business day turn around, zero cost.

You wont have to pay anything, they know the joycons are ******.

solojones and TiniTinyTony like this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    In 2 days it's Klobb'erin' time! No, wait, I mean it's RC-P90er'in' time! in widescreen!

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    And numerous people too young to know the Oddjob rule for multiplayer.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Metroid Prime Remastered! New controls + original. Digital version available now!

Hmm, depending on price and reviews could go for that. MP wasn't the easiest of games but the world design was amazing.

Edit - Baten Kaitos 1-2 remaster! Well, that's another blast from the past due Summer 2023.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Liking how MP1 looks. They took away the shiny colors that gave it that weird look. This looks more in line with the other games now.

Now I gotta start hunting for that Zelda Collector's Edition... that is already sold out at Best Buy. Sigh. The one time I don't wake up early to watch a Direct live...

9. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Are they gonna have the whole MP trilogy remastered by the time we get any more news on MP4? :p

GBA games on the Switch Online + Expansion membership may get me to finally bite on that. It’s nice that those Super Mario Bros. 3 eReader levels aren’t locked on the Wii U anymore.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    God damn, I haven't touched my Switch in over a year. :(

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Saaame..and I do want to for Engage. I just am too distracted with other things.

Jedi Ben and I Are The Internets like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Watching GameSpot's graphics comparison for Metroid Prime and it looks very nice. But it's also that soundtrack and how well it combines with the visuals. Creepy, atmospheric, action - it nails all of it.

13. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Just posted a video to the actual Metroid thread but the remaster is coming out very well.

I'll certainly be ordering it after work

Gone Mobile

TiniTinyTony and Jedi Ben like this.
  14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's out digitally now. I saw people on Twitch streaming it about 30 minutes after yesterday's Direct. It looks good and I hear the non motion controls are good. I don't see myself paying $40 for it. Maybe I'll get it someday. It's a really fun game.

I bet we'll get remasters of 2 & 3 before we get any Prime 4 news.

FatBurt and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    It's already downloading in my switch.

I love the game but tried the GameCube version a few months back and it's pretty much impossible to play now as we're so conditioned to the strafe/look/walk dull analogue set up now.
    I died so many times before I even landed on the planet because I couldn't move properly.

I suggest we also ask for a remaster of Eternal Darkness. I know it was a different developer that's now gone busy, but I still think Nintendo should do it

Gone Mobile

TiniTinyTony and Jedi Ben like this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If you want to **** your head up, Eternal Darkness will do it.

Not sure remasters are possible on games developed by companies that no longer exist. I mean I'd love a remaster of Rogue Leader but it's probably never happening.

FatBurt likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    AFAIK, Nintendo still owns the rights. That's why they keep renewing the copyright every few years on it. So a remaster should definitely be possible. I still need to play through the blue, green and purple paths of that game (and, dammit, I will... one day).

solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Eternal Darkness is a stone cold classic. Loved it. I would definitely play a remaster.

The2ndQuest and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It'd be interesting to see how a remaster might adjust some of the insanity effects. Like, a controller becoming unplugged wouldn't have the same connotation in 2023 that it did in 2003, nor do TV's have that universal green line bars volume display that was common on TV's back then. Or would they remaster it as an accurate remaster, anachronistic elements and all?

Casting spells would be a lot easier with the Switch touch screen, for sure (a true shame they couldn't have remastered that game for Wii U- that aspect would have been unbelievably amazing while playing with the GamePad! Holy hell!). "Dialing a Stargate inside a book" has always been one of the cooler ways of casting spells in all of gaming.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. BlankEquestrian

BlankEquestrian Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 20, 2021
    I’m a Nintendo semi-fanboy, so it pains me to have to say this, but does anybody else get a really, really creepy vibe from Super Nintendo World? It gives new meaning to the term uncanny valley. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with how simultaneously alive and yet plastic it is.

21. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Looks like were getting Xbox games on Switch for next 10 years. Im assuming through cloud streaming only because, you know, Switch.

Pretty nice though. I expect gamepass to be announced as an app for it within the year.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Can't see Nintendo going for GamePass when they have Nintendo Online, but they'll take COD. It'll run and play like crap but that's COD.

solojones likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000

Never realized how many Shmups were on NES until you start seeing the library as a whole (and since I organize my NES NSO titles by series then everything misc by genre, you see it much more clearly). I picked up Xevious back when they did NES rereleases for the GBA. Wasn't really that impressed by it but it's not a bad game, either.

And the music on that pool game reminds me that, not only did the SNES have the best visual aesthetic of all time, but the best sound aesthetic. It may not be crystal clear, CD-quality music, but that softened, warble reverb is just so damn soothing.

Also reminds me playing pool as kid on the table that came with my house back then and imagining a Mode-7-based pool game that I would call Mode-8(Ball). ;)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    With the addition of Kirby’s Dream Land 2 that Switch Game Boy catalog is just one Donkey Kong away from being exquisite. I’ve complained about their other classic system choices, but no notes on the old travel brick. That one is borderline artisanal.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want more Zelda games on the Switch now pls