main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Smallville

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    ah ok that just show how out of the loop i've been latly. sorry

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    No worries, Kal.

3. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    I think the next new Smallville is going to be next week.
    I read on the website that there is a rumor that Lana and Lex might be together in the next one.
    I wish they would just quit with the they love me, they love me not stuff.
    But the next one's title is called Lexmmas.
    I wonder if he'll be visted by three spirits or something.

What do you guys think?

4. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    I liked last night episode.
    But I would of liked it better if Lex didn't choose the path he did.
    I get tired of hearing about Clark and Lana.
    I think he should be with Chole like that had it be if Lex got married to Lana.

It was a very good show, and explained a lot about Lex.

5. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok, I'm finally all caught up with Smallville Season 5 up to the most recent episode: Lexmas (currently residing in TiVo).

So, Spike....errr....Zod is out of the Kryptonian closet w/Clark now. Interesting episode (Splinter) having infected Clark w/silver kryptonite, which is apparently his own T2-inspired blood.

Was it just me, or were there a bazillion parallels to Clark's paranoia and Anakin's fall to the Dark Side in RotS? Zod = Palpatine? Clark almost killing Lana due to jealousy (Anakin/Padme). Lashing out against his parents (Anakin vs. Mace/Temple Jedi).

Lex is definitely being written in a darker vein this season as his character's distance from Clark grows larger each episode. Although, I have to say that it feels as if the writers are trying to make up for lost time & cram a whole lot of Lex vs. Clark into this season. Does that portend the end of Sville? Perhaps. They clearly have to develop & establish Lex's rise to evil power by the end of the series.

I'll be curious to see how the Lex/Lana secrets affects Clark if/when he finds out. Could drive a wedge between he & Lana.

The Aquaboy episode (Thirst?) was fairly interesting. Although, the producers would do better in the future to hire actors that are NOT in so much better physical shape than Clarky-boy. He made Tom look downright flabby in some scenes. Not sure how I felt about the Cro-Mag that they cast as Aquakid anyway. That forehead can NOT be aqua-dynamic....JLA....yep, saw that one coming....

Interesting, yet campy Vampire episode with a wasted cameo by Carrie Fisher. I was glad that they didn't give Carrie the obligatory Star Wars/Leia nod as they have been known to do in the past. Although, I confess I did chuckle when James Marsters said with a completely straight face, "Clark, there's no such thing as Vampires ". Nice touch w/Lana vaporizing the head Vamp after gaining heat vision from sucking Clark's blood.

I liked the episode w/Tom Wopat (nice touch with the Dodge Charger & the suicide door, too) right down to the classic footage of the Charger taking slo-mo flight off the dirt road. What can I say, I'm nostalgic like that.

I would've liked to have seen Clark without his powers for at least a few more episodes. Oh well.

HUGE missed opportunity when Clark "died" after having been shot. I really wanted more out of Lana in that scene. Just a huge breakdown w/tears/screaming/clutching to Clark's body/etc. Instead, they went into the Another one of my boyfriends is dead and I'm in quasi-paralytic shock mode with her. What a waste of dramatic potential.

6. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Watched LexMas finally. Cute title. Unfortunately, that's where the originality ended.

Hmmmmm....

Bored now [/Vamp Willow]

I'm sorry, but at this point I'm actually HOPING that this will be the last season of Smallville. So much potential....so little creativity.

Did Brett Ratner option the script rights for Family Man to the WB for this episode. Did they just change the names to protect the insolent?

Ok, so Lex loves Lana....duh....goes through yet another near-death catharsis in true Scrooge-esque fashion....and is supposedly left with the choice of all choices to make. Sacrifice everything to be with Lana, only to lose her, or stay the course of evil and ultimately save her.

It was nigh impossible to determine if Lex made his "choice" based on whether he didn't want to give up his wealth/power, or he didn't want Lana to die. Clearly, the latter option is the nobler of the two. Yet, all the signs seem to point to the wealth/power argument.

Is this supposed to make us sympathetic to Lex's conversion to the Dark Side? Did George Lucas write this episode? I was waiting for the Doctor to arrive and proclaim that Lana had "lost the will to live".

7. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    yes ss this is the last season

8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    (insert answered prayers here)

9. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    I think this should be the last season as well.
    My brother thinks that they should end this, then do a Meltroplis (sp) spinoff.
    Then he wants them to start a Batman show and have Chloe go to do that.
    Because you know thay are probabley going to kill her. Sine she said she'd
    die rather than betray Clark. :mad:
    I have to agree with my brother on the spinoff show.

I have been watching Smallville season one. I liked it better when
    Lex called Whitney quarterback, and was trying to set Lana and Clark up.
    Also, I would like them ending the shows with having the camera look up at the stars.
    Like they did in the beginning. But I do like this season opening credits the best.

10. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    i just remembered this because buffy said they had a good looking clark. some big people in the movie industry are asking the special fx artists to edit out brandon rouths AREA because he's too LARGE for the movie screen

11. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, there have been several REPORTS circulating regarding the fact that Routh may indeed be too SUPER even for Superman's tights. Gee....poor guy....

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    New episodes resume next Thursday Jan 12.

And, I apparently missed a crucial episode in season 5 where Clark & Professor Fine go toe-to-toe in the Fortress of Solitude. Oops.....

13. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I'll see if I still have it on my TiVo.

14. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Oh, and I would concur with the concensus to kill off Chloe, as she has no true future bearing on Supes' character. Plus, Jor-El did indicate previously that Clark would lose someone 'dear' to him or something like that. At some point, Ma & Pa Kent will have to buy the farm too....

Thanx, nnay. I need to review my TiVo saves as well, in case I just missed it.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Not a problem...it is what I do. ;)

Now, I know that Jonathan needs to die, but why Martha?

16. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, Smallville has taken certain....artistic....departures from the original Superman source material (the comics), most notably with the Kent farm itself, which in the comics was located outside of Smallville & sold shortly after they discovered Kal-El. The Kents in turn would purchase a General Store in Smallville.

The Kents' deaths were only vaguely eluded to for the majority of the early storylines, and as is to be expected from a series that has spanned more than 50 years, there were several continuity issues.

The only direct reference that I'm aware of had Jonathan & Martha Kent contracting some form of rare disease when they found buried treasure in the Caribbean (Hey, it was the 1960's and I never said it was a GOOD series of comics).

I believe it was chronicled in, or around Superman issue #161, the synopsis of which can be found HERE

There's also a lot of discrepancies surrounding when exactly Clark began officially using his powers "publicly" as Superboy (in Smallville) vs Superman (in Metropolis).

Regardless, both Kents were dead by the time Clark graduated College, which at Clark's current rate in Smallville could easily take him 10 more seasons.....

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Cute with the 'colors'.

I didnt' realize Martha was dead as well. I am not that 'hip' on the comic book scene.

Thanks for the information. :)

18. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    Does anyone know what the new epsiode is going to be about?

19. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    In the current comics continuity, post 1985, both Kents are alive and well and there was never a Superboy.

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Interesting tidbit in TV Guide's Ask Aussielo column:

Question: Will there be a sixth season for Smallville? ? Mabel

Ausiello: Nothing official, but if you're making a wager, bet $100,000 on "yes."

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Per TV Guide:

Fanatic

One of the volunteers on Lex?s campaign staff is far too devoted to the cause, and takes matters into her own hands, hatching a scheme that even shocks Lex. Meanwhile, Martha makes a deal with Lionel.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

That is interesting...they have been saying that this was the last season. hmmmmmmmmmmmm

23. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok, stupid question time. I guess I stopped paying attention when I lost interest during Season 4:

I initially pegged James Marster's character as Zod, however after further reflection, and his little T2-esque trick with the silver kryptonite, I'm led to believe that he is actually supposed to be Brainiac.

Perhaps the episode that I missed this season elaborated on this?

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    He isn't Zod...he is Brainiac.

Not that I am quite sure who THAT is, but that is what I was told.'

AND remember there are no stupid questions...just those you don't ask. ;)

25. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    Yeah, that's what the Internet Movie Database said JM was being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.