main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Smoke (a moment between Qui-Gon and Tahl; vignette - Updated with Cover Art)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvqui-gon_gurl

luvqui-gon_gurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    *keeps on applauding and clapping and yelling herself hoarse for the next 24 hours*

I worship you, O Great Obaona! :D

Wow, you wrote both Tahl and Qui-Gon very precisely and the story itself was not mush overloaded. Good job!

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    LianaMara: The challenge was to write it from her POV. It was interesting to do, since, as we all know, I'm a very visual sort of person. :p And yes, I like mush and romance - but only in certain doses. :p Thanks, darling! :D

Charmisjess: Thank you! [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] No, I am not blind. :p I did try to imagine what it would be like, though - what senses you would use more, and how you would use them. :) The part with Qui-Gon was fun to do - I realized as I was writing him how much I was missing by simply describing his appearance. His voice, especially. :) Thank you again! :D And yes, there will be more from me . . . I may write another Qui/Tahl, but I've got a long Obi/Qui vignette in the works as we speak. :)

luvqui-gon_gurl: Thanks. [face_blush] Thank you! :D This was my very first time writing Tahl, so I'm glad I got her down. ;) And mush is good in proper quantities. Otherwise it makes you ill, like too much sugar. [face_mischief] Thanks again!

3. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
  4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    great cover art :cool:

5. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    *squeals* Ooohh! Very nice cover art! I have ALWAYS been an enormous Qui-Gon fan...that little wry smile of his and his dry sense of humour. *sighs dreamily* Much more attractive than Obi-Wan IMO.

And all power to you in the FF Awards Oba!! I want you to know that I am rootin' for you. ;)

6. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    PadawanKitara: Thank you. :)

Bellyup: Thank you. :D Aye, I like Qui-Gon a lot too - he and Obi-Wan are very different characters, though, I wouldn't say I prefer one over the other, though I tend to write Obi-Wan more. :p And thank you again! :D *crosses fingers for FF awards* :p

7. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I read your excerpt in the awards, Obaona, and just dropped in to say how much I enjoyed this. I especially liked the idea of the extended metaphor on which the story is based. Really original. Thanks for sharing the story with us. :)

8. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Tahi: Thank you. [face_blush] I've found a few stories that way, too. :p I'm glad you enjoyed. :D And aye, the extended metaphor . . . not quite sure how that happened. :p

9. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    Wow, I still like this story, although I've read it like a million times. :D

Just wondering: How did you get the picture for Tahl? :confused: Photoshopping?

10. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    This was abolutely beautiful! :D It was awesome to see what could have been if Tahl had survived. I always love seeing more chemistry between those two, because that was one thing that Jude Watson did not do very well. Great job! I loved it! :D

11. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    jEdI_kEnObI80: Thank you. [face_blush] That's not a picture of Tahl at all (so far as I know, there are none). It's actually from a photo of Natalie Portman reading. I made it black and white and smoothed her features so it's hard to tell who she is. :p

Jade_Skywalker: Thank you! :D I think that they would have had a relationship, had they survived - and I think they would have successful at it. :p And aye, they were interesting to write together, and it turned out well. :) Thank you again. :D

12. luvqui-gon_gurl

luvqui-gon_gurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    No wonder Tahl looked so much like Natalie Portman...it is her! :D

13. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    luvqui-gon_gurl: LOL, yep! :p :D

14. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    This is late, but...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You totally deserved SOME kind of award for this incredible bit of work! I was hoping for best interpretation of a canon character, but that's ok... :p I'm so happy for you because this my absolute favorite story of the whole year! Cheers to you, Oba! :D

*raises glass in a toast*

15. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Bellyup: [face_blush] [face_blush] Thank you! :D I'm glad it won, too. ;) This is one of my favorite stories that I've written. :p And best intrepretation? That's another compliment, that you would even think so. ;) [face_blush] :D

*raises glass in toast* Thank you again! :D

16. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    You're welcome!

(in other words...up! More people need to read this!) :D

17. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Another good one Obaona

18. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Bellyup: :eek: You are so spoiling me, you know that. :p My head is just getting bigger and bigger ... ;)

_3MD_PsychoSniper: Thank you. :)

19. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Spoiling you? A big head?! Hmmm...we can't have that. Lemme see...

I commented on your Before the Saga Love Letter Challenge. And, ehm...let's just say that *whispers* I don't think it's one of your best

*watches as Oba's head shrinks back to normal*

:eek:

:confused: Wow. I didn't know it would work that well! Don't worry, we still all love you! :D

20. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    *head shrinks* :p

Don't worry, I agree with you. ;) I probably wouldn't have posted it, except that I wanted to enter all three challenge categories. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.