main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Snoke Spinoff. This needs to happen.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by tokilamockingbrd, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    Who was he?

A movie showing Snoke's rise and the founding of the 1st Order would be amazing and add a crap ton of context to the ST.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  2. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I feel like there's going to be so many things from this ST that won't get answered. Snoke being the obvious one. I would like to see something. I don't think a movie would get made but I could certainly see a comic book line or a book based off his past.

3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Spiderlegs.

4. RDeckard

RDeckard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    There were a lot of things in the OT that weren't answered, either. Palpatine was as flat as Snoke, really.

dekaneas likes this.
  5. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    True but they had 3 movies after that to dig into his character. I don't think we will get that unless he's included in Rian's trilogy.

6. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I want to see a Snoke sequel:

[​IMG]

dekaneas, Erkan12 and Sitara like this.
  7. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    no, a Snoke spinoff does not need to happen. nobody would really care...

Bazookaleffe likes this.
  8. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    If Snoke was (is?) an ancient Sith, perhaps he can reappear in the RJ trilogy, if it delves into the Old Republic era.

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    comic book.

10. kevsmith987

kevsmith987 Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2017
    Now we all know the ending of Smoke is there any point would you be happy to pay to go see his story even though he ends in such a way.

now if you had said at one point Smoke and Luke had an amazing battle that tore planets apart over Ben etc. then I would happily pay to see that.

excuse going off topic but the new HP films will have a massive build up to Dumbledore and Grindleward having a duel of the ages that people will happily see time and time again as it has a proper back story.

but with no details to make me go see it apart from how he got his scares im afraid not.

first post be gentle

11. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003

Confirmed by Rian Johnson that his new trilogy will not involve the Old Republic.

12. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    I suspect we will get a Snoke backstory one day in the EU, likely with a novel.

It is also possible that they keep Snoke like Yoda and we never discover his origin or backstory.

13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Nah. As I predicted Snoke was more of a plot device than a fully fleshed out character. He's outlived his usefulness.

Erkan12 and ewoksimon like this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    RJ shall do it

15. Encelade

Encelade Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Best moment ever was this CGI ridiculous monstrosity getting axed. I hope its name is never said again.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Moved thread to Anthology.

17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    As I mentioned in the ST forum, a friend of mine pointed out that Snoke was less of a Palpatine to the sequel trilogy, and more of a Dooku. No further expansion necessary.

Erkan12 likes this.
  18. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    Source? I saw him confirm that he won’t be adapting KOTOR, not that his films won’t be set at some point in the Old Republic era.

19. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I don't think he is important enough to make a movie about him as of now. An Animation movie maybe.

20. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003

I saw it here.

http://mashable.com/2017/12/05/star-wars-rian-johnson-trilogy-not-old-republic/#Aj3zo2yxBiqg

21. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013

22. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003

Johnson says in the article "what's really fun is the notion of what new stuff we are going to see, what new stories can we tell"

I think the implication is that he will go forward in the timeline. You never know, but I think he wants a blank canvas not tied to anything else.

23. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    The Old Republic era, in canon, is a blank canvas. Almost nothing has been established.

24. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003

Yeah, they wiped out prior canon after the Disney acquisition. I love the Old Republic and would not mind a trilogy. However, I got the feeling Rian Johnson wants to go forward and not backward in the timeline.

25. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    Perhaps, we shall see. But a RJ trilogy that dealt with the birth of the Jedi, birth of the Sith, or the end of the pre-Banite Sith & creation of the Rule of Two would be excellent. All three of those options would also be extremely marketable.

I would've thought that the modern era would be left to the Episodic films. But on the other hand, IX may be the last...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.