main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So, how long do you want to live?

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Oct 12, 2015.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah, the infusion does nothing. However, one can get a transfusion with themselves and while the blood is out of the body it is filtered and a small portion is replaced with saline and sometimes a protein and all instances so far show at the very least a healing effect. The first real human trial was done this past year and the doctors involved showed epigenetic clock measurements of 2 years younger.

2. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah, I believe the Feds shut down my former roommate cuz he either didn't do any trials and claimed he had, or fudged the data to make it look like it was working.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Shouldn’t he be banned from practicing across the US, and not just in MA?

4. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    I think each state requires its own licensing, even though the fed (I think) oversees it all. I'm not sure. I just know (from hearing him yell/cry through the thin walls) that he lost his license to practice medicine in MA. And that's when he lost his job, and couldn't pay rent anymore. So he left for CA. And then I didn't think about him again until I saw the news a couple of years later about a young blood company being closed by the Feds and saw his name as CEO and Founder. And that didn't surprise me at all.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This dude’s gotta be stopped. He’s a medical villain!

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It sounds like he (hopefully) has been stopped.

7. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    The last I heard of him and his co was like 2020. His company closed down and he apparently started up the same business under a different name. But I think even that's gone too. You can google all of this. It's interesting and weird and I'm glad the Feds/FDA stepped in.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sort of? If he’s only banned from practicing in some states, he’s still on the loose. But hopefully the federal involvement means he’s done. What drives people like that? Odd.

9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Cheddar

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    The guy was genuinely strange. After getting fired I don’t think he had anywhere else to turn but the super villain path.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He’ll definitely pop up in the next big MCU movie.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  12. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm sure Florida would welcome him with open arms.

Bor Mullet and Pensivia like this.
  13. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Funny. I think he was originally from FL.

Bor Mullet and Pensivia like this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "When Florida Man Gets a PhD"

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    When the history is written about the mad scientist, the former roommate is always mentioned.

Sarge, Pensivia and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  16. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    "If only the roommate had stopped him, when he had a chance, before this all got out of hand."

Bor Mullet, Sarge and Pensivia like this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "What did he know that he failed to share with authorities...?"

DarkGingerJedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Vid or link tell the same, that metformin and rapamycin were combined and had a synergy effect and importantly blocked each other's side effects.

Or here

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Gene mapping the immortal jellyfish

A team of Spanish researchers has been successful in deciphering the genome of a jellyfish famed for its capacity to resurrect itself after death.

Looking at the two medusas, researchers discovered that the immortal jellyfish had mutations that allowed it to limit cell division and prevent telomeres, the protective caps over the chromosomes, from breaking down. It also had two times the number of genes linked to DNA repair and protection.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  21. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I thought he was already with the undead.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    "Kushner explained that he thought he could be part of the "last generation that's going to die."

He means last generation of billionaires going to die. The rest of will die just the same.

I'm now suddenly thinking about that alien Pharaoh from Star Gate with the hi-tech healing sarcophagus. That's what this will end up being.

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Every single time I see this thread title I get quietly enraged at the transhumanist presumption its title implies. Jared Kushner quotes, for once, are something about awful enough to demonstrate that vividly.

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Wocky if people wanting to live long gets you angry I question your commitment to your profession.

Lowbacca_1977 and DarthTunick like this.
  25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Simply put, true life extension is coming sooner rather than later. More realistically, bridges are coming very soon and hopefully they are good enough to get people my age to even better treatments. If this bothers you all you have to do is not take part when treatments hit the market. So then the future and all it transhuman evil will not be your concern because you will be dead.

As far as Kushner goes, and the like, one thing which the rest of us will have to realize is that we will be taking the bad people along with us.