main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    I'm going to avoid the internet until I see The Last Jedi.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  2. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    What if they change the name of the movie before release? How will you know without the internet? ;)

jaqen likes this.
  3. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    What I mean is avoid the Internet after the release until I see it.

DARTH_BELO and Martoto77 like this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I've been mainly hanging out in the spoilers allowed threads for TLJ, but honestly, now that the final trailer is out, things are getting way too spoilery over there. I've had-shall we say-some close shaves. So I have officially moved here now, and NSA will be my home for all things TLJ until after December 15!!

Is it December 15 yet???? :confused:

5. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    I will watch the trailers and occasionally an interview or two. I generally avoid reading articles though. Unless it's a major news update like a title announcement, director change, on-set injury, release delay, etc., then I don't want to risk it. Also, I will definitely be speculation/theory articles and videos, leaks, and the like. I used to not care too much about spoilers, but a friend of mine totally spoiled a major moment in TFA by looking at a leaked cast list for the then untitled Ep. VIII and noticing that a certain someone was not on it. Also, I now try to avoid fan theories, as some are so good that they make the movie's version look bad by comparison. Fortunately, I do not have too many close friends that care that much about Star Wars, so it is easier for me to avoid spoilers.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    J7Luke, I also had that missing "certain someone" spoiled for me too, but it was my own fault-for hanging out in SA forums too long. I will say it didn't surprise me that much-as I already was quite convinced it would happen anyway, but still reading the confirmation kind of spoiled the shock value of it for me.

I also avoid the articles now too. But not really for the same reason as you. Most of the time, those articles are full of uneducated, factually ignorant, rambling opinionated speculation fluff like "Why Snoke is probably Anakin" or "Will Luke be the one to kill Leia?" or "Will ghost Qui-Gon appear!?" or "Why Rey is probably a Tusken Raider!" or some other farfetched nonsense.

Either that or the "news" they're posting is months old and anyone that actually cares about such details already knows that information...

J7Luke likes this.
  7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Like in that first cut of TPM where Jar Jar broke one of the astromech droids that was removed from the movie a week or so after release?

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm going to try to avoid this new TV ad (like I said, I am sustaining myself on the two trailers over and over) so that's going to make TV watching for the next month and a half real interesting. Whole lot of diving for the remote and screaming "la la la!! I'm not watching, spoilers!!" Real fun to be around there.

9. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, BigAl6ft6, if it helps at all, you're really not missing anything in the TV ads-as they are basically the same stuff as the latest trailer over and over, just reworked and in a different order. There are tiny-and I mean TINY-snippets of certain new shots, but IMO they don't really reveal too much at all that I would consider "spoilery"-basically just stuff I already knew or figured would happen.

Ricardo Funes and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    I'm fine with watching/reading anything officially released, but I'm not eager to know the plot of the movie (or even major plot points before i actually see it, which i didn't get tickets on opening day, so that'll be fun).
    I've got my own head cannon about what I think will happen based upon the trailers/ads and articles that have been released, what I'm looking forward to is seeing how my ideas differ from what appears on the screen.

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    At this point right now I feel super spoiler free from TLJ! :)

Ricardo Funes and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  12. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    It's amazing how hard it is to stay even relatively "spoiler free" these days - depending on how you define "spoiler". I don't know if LAST JEDI will follow this pattern, and in truth I think the last couple of SW movies have been better than most in this regard, but when it comes to superhero movies the last couple of years, the pattern seems to be that we get a few trailers and TV spots/commercials, and then in the last couple of weeks leading up to the premiere date, we get an avalanche of pics, clips, special features, posters, etc etc. An almost daily barrage. I've gotten to the point where I don't click on any of those during that period, since by the time they are done it's remarkable how much of the basic plot you can assemble, to include some pretty big moments. I know some say "Well, stay off all social media" during the run up, but is that really all that practical?

Hmmm... i get the sense this is veering a bit into the "Hey you kids get off my lawn" curmudgeon territory. ;) Just saying, staying even modestly unspoiled ain't that easy these days, by the designs of the promoters. They SATURATE. Think that is because of the current HUGE importance of opening weekend? It's all about getting people in the theater that first weekend, and anything else be...er...darned?

TCF-1138 likes this.
  13. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I don't think The Last Jedi will have ANY problems getting folks into the seats opening weekend. Star Wars films haven't had any problems filling the seats the past couple years.
    I'm avoiding any more commercials/trailers until I see the movie, but that has more to do with being spoiler-free than anything else.

14. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm starting the migration over to NSA.

However, as someone who's been camped out in the SA section for awhile, trust me, Disney-Lucasfilm has done an extraordinary job at keeping spoilers at bay for this. A mere four weeks to opening night and we really don't know much beyond what's been released through official channels. The film is lite on spoilers, high on speculation, and higher on assumption. This is night and day from TFA.

It's been extremely refreshing.

15. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm too chicken to go into the SA forum. That being said, I'm glad spoilers aren't leaking out. Only 25 or so days? Yay! [face_party]

16. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I want to go in knowing as little as possible. I watched the teaser trailer only. I've not peaked at the Spoilers Allowed forums. I don't read any articles about TLJ. I won't listen to my favourite Star Wars podcasts if they are discussing TLJ. I have ordered the Canto Bight novel and I might read that before I see the film.

jaqen likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I can't stand seeing these vid thumbnail pics popping up on YouTube. That's the level i'm at, don't want to see anything else..

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    two trailers, over and over and over, haven't watched anything else and the official Star Wars youtube channel (and other channels reposting Star Wars vids) are awash in thumbnail images that I just sort of have to respect deal with and not click. Staying far away from the SA board and even the Lit forum Last Jedi thread which is somewhat spoiler ... lax, let's be generous.

19. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Reading and perusing any and all spoilers I can so zero freedom to answer OP's question.

B99 likes this.
  20. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I had successfully avoided seeing the theatrical trailer. I went to see Justice League last night and, of course, TLJ trailer was shown. I'm actually quite glad I saw it now, as it has whetted my appetite for next month.

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I hate these tv spots/commercials popping up everywhere.

Ricardo Funes and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    still haven't seen an honest to God Last Jedi commercial on TV yet, just being tempted by youtube. There has been TLJ branded commercials for cars and stuff but not really any footage in there.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  23. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I haven't seen any TV spots either, but I keep seeing the new commercials pop up on Youtube, and then they remind me that Star Wars has a new video...I'm now associating those reminders as having Emperor Palpatine's voice. I can wait three more weeks (3 weeks!!! good grief I'm excited :eek: ) to see everything.

BigAl6ft6 and TCF-1138 like this.
  24. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Beware of the TV spots. For R1 you could almost put the whole film in order if you take all the almost 30 spots released (including WW spots)

Now it is time for books and no TV.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    dahhh!! turned my head slightly to the left and a Last Jedi ad for the movie, not a car ad or a toy ad but for the actual movie, was on TV (thankfully the sound was way down) and I think I may have seen a few frames I haven't seen before. Unclean! Thankfully it was basically 4 shots from the trailer that I half glanced (and I've watched those 2 trailers lots). Although I almost unconsciously submitted to temptation and turned my head again for a split second before turning away, thankfully all I saw was the date of the release.

Yikes, TV is going to get real complicated next 2 weeks.