main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO So is The Force Unleashed no longer canon?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Seltraeh, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I agree with you on him not playing Star killer.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    And that the Farce Unleashed was awful right?

Yeah? Come on, high five me. Don't leave me hanging.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I doubt Mara Jade will ever appear. That would make her official canon & that will cause problems since all EU stories featuring her are Legends now.

DarthSyverus likes this.
  4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    You never know, they might reuse her look, her backstory or just the Emperor's Hand concept, you never know what they'll rip off, such as how they used the Nightsisters in TCW... without having much in common with the pre-TCW Nightsisters. The TCW Nightsisters were somewhat interesting, but what annoys me is that they just saw a cool name from the EU and reused it for their own purposes rather than coming up with their own name. But then TCW was full of odd references like that (unnecessary references to EU stuff, which doesn't fit and just messes up the EU).

But yeah, we'll never see Mara Jade as she was, outside of FFG using her for artwork, and FFG's canon status is nebulous as is.

Given Lucas' involvement, I thought TFU was originally meant as an Episode 3.5, as it were, though TFU2 was just a blatant yet halfhearted cash grab (given that it was planned with a To Be Continued... then the third part was cancelled before TFU2 even shipped, I think). I hope it stays non-canon, even if instead we're stuck with Rebels as the 3.5 story.

Haven't played the game, just seen some of the endings, but did like the darkside ending to the first game. Not sure about the context or how the boss battle went (only watched ending videos on youtube), but just like how in the darkside ending Palpatine apparently got tired of playing around and got serious and then flattened Starkiller with his own ship, and left him alive as a temporary stand-in for Vader. Although then the DLCs took Starkiller's Sue tendencies to ridiculous heights (beat up Obi-wan! beat up ghost Obi-wan! beat up Luke! etc.), but at least those were explicitly not canon ever.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The alternate reality thing was fun to play, but again it seemed like a slap in the face to Vader.
    A guy at least as crippled as Vader manages to do everything he couldn't (defeat the Rebels, destroy Obi Wan) on top of the already outrageous crap he pulled off in the main TFU storyline.

6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I enjoyed the games, but I'm glad they aren't canon. The force being unleashed is cool for a game, but not for the overall story. The rebellion being started by the Sith to draw out their enemies was stupid.

7. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I hope you were not considering Mara Jade being a love interest for the Dark Apprentice, Mara's profile has a solo life during this period loyal to the emperor as always so I doubt she would fit in that being said im creating a stories soon for FU3 & FU4 I have a idea for Mara's character some of my friends don't think I should spend time on this considering fan ideas for games are never followed online but how else am I going to spend my year of 2015. I will let you know soon.

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    How else will you spend 2015... have you considered learning basic grammar?

Lovely!

9. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Whats wrong with my grammar taking a year to master it no thanks.

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Genuinely lol'd.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    A TFU 4 is way too far. Creating a third game to solve the cliffhanger from the last game I could understand, but the story got so bad & stupid I can't see where it would go.

The best thing is if it goes nowhere

12. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    One can try my 3rd game story is in development I will post it soon.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If you really must write a fan story, why not write one for KOTOR? You know, a good game series people actually want more of

14. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Noted looks like im going to have a busy year....not thats how long it will take to from me create a story you know different era thats all.

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    No. No no no. Mara is awesome on her own without being a love interest. I was thinking of the Dark Times Era, changes to the canon, and what they said that could be potential shout-outs to LEU.

Having hard time to get interested in the Dark Times Era, without at least some good ol' characters, but that's just me.

16. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Yes Mara Jade is as a emperor's hand then a redeemed jedi.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    She was, before the EU got demoted to Legends

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Tell me more - who was Mara's lover before Luke?

Diggy - you will want to know too being a huge Force Unleashed fan.

19. Saber Khai

Saber Khai Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2014
    Though I generally liked the game and how we finally de-Hayden Christiansen-ized Darth Vader, I thought the overall story line was a bit weak. I would have liked to see it survive the reorganization of the canon if only because it was declared canon by Lucas himself.

Not that it's much of an endorsement...

20. Find the Door

Find the Door Jedi Master

Dec 27, 2012
    That kills me that Kyle Katarn and Dash Rendar are no longer.

The entire Jedi Knight series has disappeared, and Shadows of the Empire. Actually I dunno about Shadows of the Empire because when they released the toy line, book, comic book, game.... it was almost as if it was a movie release without the movie.

whostheBossk, Ichor_Razor and Vib3s like this.
  21. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    That and it even had it's own orchestra score with many original tracks (Xizor's theme). What a total waste. Rendar and Solo had a nice friendly rivalry going, and i always did love the Outrider.

Find the Door likes this.
  22. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I liked TFU, and even wanted a miniseries cartoon about it. Disney may have deemed nearly all of the EU as "Legends" now, but when Lucas is involved and approves the content / storyline, its hard for me to say its not canon. As long as other content doesn't override this story, the classification doesn't make a difference to me, and I consider the events having happened if Lucas approved them...

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    For what it's worth, Juno Eclipse is apparently a tie advanced pilot in a future expansion for the x-wing miniature game

24. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    What do you mean over written? If its a good story and a good game, i say play it. Rebels is its own thing and Tfu is its own thing.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I do hate the fact that the creation of the Rebellion was turned into another Force moment. Felt more satisfying with the common people rising up against the Empire. Could they have won without Force-users? Doubt it.