main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX So sick of actors...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Kurgan1, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    It should be illegal under the penalty of torture for actors to be allowed to spurt their infantile political opinions in public. It continually amazes me that people continue to listen to a bunch of actors that would mostly be in jail or working at McDonald's if it weren't for a lucky roll of the dice in Hollywood.

And in spite of their obvious hatred for this country, I still have yet to see one of them have the courage of their convictions, pick up a weapon, and stand opposed. I suppose hypocritical cowards are like that, though.

2. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Amen, I'm sick of it too.

At least the more they talk, the more the public gets to see them act like idiots.

:cool:

3. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    If most of the public didn't take what moron actors say as absolute gospel, I would agree.

4. JEDI_DAN45

JEDI_DAN45 Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2003
    Just remember that actors in Hollow-wood who speak out against the U.N. and their one world government agenda are stripped of all their "credibility" by Ted Turner and his 99% media controling CNN...

This effectively shuts them up b/c once they lose their popularity and worldly "coolness" noone wants to hear what they have to say..

At least we still have our good ole 2nd Amendment...now if I could just get a copy of the Tom Selleck episode of the Rosie O'Donnell show....

5. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Well, at least the people attending the oscars knew an idiot when they saw one...

MooreBoos

:)

6. Jango_Bango

Jango_Bango Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    I wanted to watch....but just the thought of me watching may be supporting them
    made me want to puke! So I didn't watch them commies!

The whole lot should move to Iraq and take up arms against us! [face_devil]

Kev

7. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    This doesn't appall me at all. If they can spout there ideas in 45 seconds so be it. This is a free country and they are only using corporate sponsors time and money for it. How can you discredit a guy like Martin Sheen who does speak freely and protest to the point he may loose his job with West Wing?

I won't go into my beliefs here but this is what sickens me.

Roman Polanski is honored yet this guy is a criminal. Sick perverted guys in Hollywood are constantly honored. Last year Woody Allen was applauded for attending. I wasn't really glad that he could get off his step daughter to attend. In plain English - The guy is sleeping with his adopted daughter!! HELLO!!!!!???!?!

War isn's the shocking thing in our time but the treatment of criminals in American society.

8. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    Well...my thoughts are that the war protests should be taken care of BEFORE
    hostilities start. It is of VERY POOR taste to keep that crap up while our
    men and women put their lives on the line for the very freedom those jerks enjoy to
    roll around in those limos and go to their parties. Like I said...PUKE!

Kev

9. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    I agree with you all to a degree. One thing is for sure and it took a man that I talked to that was in the First Gulf War and a servicemen for 10 years to put it in perspective for me. Yes by supporting our Men and Women we are NOT supporting the War we are supporting those that have no choice, but to follow orders.

Im totally against the War, but I would not speak out about it in an open forum of millions. Now to the point I was going to make. The guy I was talking to brought it to my attention that Bush said on nation television that Saddam needs to die. Now If this were true then that is a crime that any one of us would be in prision for if we were to convey those same feelings toward our leadership. So what makes him above the Law. The fact that no one will appose the Leader of the Last Super Power.

10. ThreepMe

ThreepMe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    I have no problems with anyone wanting to express their opinions any time and any where.

Isn't that what Freedom of Speech is all about?

What bothers me is when someone expresses an unpopular opinion and people get on their back for it. If you have the right to express ire torwards a person for their opinion, then they had the right to express it to begin with.

This is America. We have these freedoms for a reason.

And I would rather listen to a million pompus actors expressing their opinions on anything and everything before I give up an ounce of the freedoms that our soldiers are fighting for (well, maybe not in this war, but that's another topic).

Personally, I'm against this war (but not 'war' in general). And I think that those who wish to protest should. I mean, just because we have soldiers fighting doesn't mean we should be complacent about our complaints. The point of protesting (at least in most people's eyes) is to prevent/stop bloodshed. If protesters are able to stop or shorten this war, then less people have to die.

If you believe that the war is wrong, then I see nothing wrong with voicing such a sentiment, especially during times of war. Heck, it might actually bring our people home. And I fail to see how that is bad.

Let's not forgo our most basic of American Freedoms just because it's the unpopular opinion.

11. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    Well...like you said...everyone has an opinion and it is a right to express
    themselves. "I" just think that I would hate to see that if I were a soldier
    (People puking in protest and fighting one another for examples).

Actually, I was against going over there in the first place. I personally think we
    should just leave this alone, but he will continue to kill his people. Ole Michael
    Moore needs to shutup and do a documentary on Saddam and the tens of thousands that
    he has killed (Boy I would love to see what them bleeding heart actors and protesters
    would say about that).

What this is "Really" about is "Bush" and the populations (Half to be exact ;) )
    dislike for em. Everyone should know this!

I have to admit that I am tired of us bailing the world out. But can we just sit back and
    let the world destroy itself?? That is a good question.

"The point of protesting (at least in most people's eyes) is to prevent/stop bloodshed."

Well...if that was the case they should have started protesting Saddam in 91' and had
    one constant rally for 12 years, because there has been alot of blood in the sand
    there!

Kev

12. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Well I, for one, am for this war. We are just finishing the job that was started last decade. We should have never left that country until the job was done. But we did, because we tried to do the 'right thing' back then by not removing Saddam from office then. Now we're doing something about it after 12 years of the genocide of his own people, his constant manipulations of the U.N. inspectors and lies to the world about his weapons of mass destruction, and his threats to use said weapons agains the world OR his own people.

This is not Star Trek where we can invoke some Prime Directive and stay neutral. This is OUR world, ALL of us. And what Saddan does affects the world as a whole. Just imagine where we would all be if we had not waged war 60 years ago against Germany. But we did because men, nay, dictators of that magnitude must not go unchecked. For the good of their people. For the good of our people. And for the good of everyone that lives on this planet.

So go Bush! Remove Saddam's regime from power. Help rebuild. And then get back home! Preferably with as little loss to life as possible to ALL involved.

As for Mr.Moore... I fully support the Freedom of speach. God only knows, I invoke it all the time! ;) However, there is a time and place for everything. And that was not the time or place for and outburst like that. Kevin (Jango) said it just right. If he wanted to get his point across, then by all means go make a movie about it. Show us why it was a mistake if you truely believe it is. But don't piss on the shoes of those that honor you with an award. It's just not right or polite. Or go join a rally. Even though I personally think we should all support our troops (including NOT rallying), THAT is exercising your First Amendment Rights. THAT is also using your head and common sense. It would have been far more effective for him to have used his talents to make an impactful documentary about the subject. Instead he just chose to be loud and obnoxious.

My thoughts anyway. :)

13. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    Mike, that was a great point about how what others do affect the "WHOLE" world.

Well....to put it plainly...Saddam IS the 'HITLER' of the 90's!

Can we (Should we) stand by?? Maybe we should...Saddam will die soon won't he??
    And then one of his peace lovin' sons can take over the country ;) !

Kev

14. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Yes, people have the right to free speech. Moron Moore has the right to say what he wants when he wants.

But I also have the right to call him an f'ing idiot for doing so.

Besides, the time for debate on whether or not war should be happening is over. The war is happening, so it's time to simply support the soldiers that are out there dying, hoping they can finish their mission and return safely.

And for what it's worth, I think destroying a regime that murders and tortures it's own people, while making themselves a threat to everyone around them (that will only grow larger the longer it goes on), is a worthy mission. I'd rather do it now and seem aggressive than to sit around and wait for Saddam to quit making sweet love to Satan long enough to buy some ICBMs with big nuke warheads from the Russian mafia. (Apparently they're having a 2 for 1 sale). Or worse yet, something that doesn't have to be launched and can fit inside a refrigerator or something and smuggled in.

No mushroom clouds over American cities, thank you very much. Call me crazy, but mass hysteria, mass death, horrible riots, destroyed economy and infrastructure as well as eventual martial law don't really appeal to me. I happen to like my country just the way it is, and I don't want there to be even the POSSIBILITY that someone could hurt us.

But hey, that's just me.

15. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    "Besides, the time for debate on whether or not war should be happening is over. The war is happening, so it's time to simply support the soldiers that are out there dying, hoping they can finish their mission and return safely."

AMEN

16. ThreepMe

Jun 6, 2002
    "Besides, the time for debate on whether or not war should be happening is over. The war is happening, so it's time to simply support the soldiers that are out there dying, hoping they can finish their mission and return safely."

No one has spoken out against our soldiers. People are mad at Bush and his Admin, not the people fighting. It's one thing to say, "Our Soldiers suck for fighting," and another to say, "Bush is an idiot for putting so many American lives in harm's way."

No one is agruing that we need to support our soldiers. But sitting around and waiting for our leaders to do the right thing may cost us more dearly than we anticipate.

Anyone remember Vietnam?

Freedom of assembly and freedom of speech cover times when we have selfish, ignorant leaders calling the shots, AND it covers the times when they make our soldiers die needlessly.

Let's face it people, Saddam is a 2nd rate dictator of a 3rd world country. If he really was a scary as we make him out to be, he would have done a lot more by now.

There are WAY too may inconsistancies for me to be confortable about WAR. If we really wanted him out so bad, why "WAR" and not some S.E.A.L. strike, or some covert ops?

Seems too much like overkill.

But back to the point, freedom of speech should NEVER be limited, wether it's time of war or not. There is no such thing as "appropriate times." I mean, if we are to use that standard, who gets to dictate when things are "appropriate?"

Personally, I think times of strife are the best times to exercise Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Assembly. Once again, I refuse to trade in my freedoms for some realative concept like "what is appropriate."

To be honest, what you may see as inappropriate, I see as very appropriate. And who's to say who is more right or wrong on that one.

17. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    Well, Threep, my point is...how do you think a soldier would feel knowing about all these
    protests (Puke parade...fights...obscenities etc...) while he is over there giving his life up
    for that very group???

Not very good would be my guess!

I am betting that they can see these people while they are over there. TVs are everywhere!

I understand the freedom of speech...maybe I am talking about CLASS !

Kev

18. ThreepMe

Jun 6, 2002
    If I was in the military, it would be under the assumption that I fight to preserve the freedoms and ideals of America.

I would be fighting for our those rights no matter who said what.

Personally, if I felt this war was justified, I would feel proud to fight for people's right to assemble, to speak their mind..Hell, I would be mainly fighting for our Bill of Rights.

I mean, what good does it do to fight for freedom, just to censor our citizens?

War is for what? Protection? Protection of what? Freedom? Exactly.

Well, that and our own lives, but that goes without saying.

I have no problems with dieing for freedom, but I do have problems with living with out it.

19. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    Well...we will just have to agree to disagree Threep!!

I pray everyday for them!

I just hope these freaking people don't start acting like the protestors of the
    Vietnam war. My mother said that it started similarly. They definitely don't deserve
    that!

I am starting another post on some humorous protest signs from both sides to lighten
    things up!

Kev

20. ThreepMe

Jun 6, 2002
    Jango...That sounds excellent...

But there is one thing we do agree on, the well-being of our very brave troops.

We may or may not have the best leaders, but, by Jove, we do have the best damn troops on the planet.

Let's hear it for each and every one of our men and women in Iraq to make it back to their families.

edit: fixed a typo

21. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Look there is a time and a place for everything and going to the receive an award and give thanks, and to give free speech is 2 diff things. Saddam is not the hitler of our days. He is no where as cruel and deadly. Let us not forget the Hitler killed MILLIONS in a few years not thousands in decades.

Besides didnt you hear Saddam has been dead since 99. :D

Now tell me your thoughts on that one. Does todays modern world have a Saddam/Amedala look alike in place of the dictator/Queen.

K

22. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Only Kenley could manage to tie in Star Wars so well AND make a direct comparison of Hitler, Saddam, and Queen Amidala!!!

Good job, KP! :)

23. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    OK lets stay that time for debating a war that has already started is over.

Next issue, do we go after all the world's thugs?

Is North Korea next?
    Their leader has starved millions and now pushing the envelope with nuclear weapons. I would love to see it. The problem is the US has never recognized the atrocities of other world leaders.

North Korea is an easy good vs evil fight. What next? Whoever it is, before long terrorist will be looking at the US as a target for pissing in their pond.

Hopefully the US has embraced human rights all over the world. We have ignored it for too long. I was really against this war but I am hopeful that we are starting to look at the world differently. I hope we leave Iraq in a far better way than we did before. Then we continue to N Korea. After that Zimbabwe looks ripe for the invasion. To make this war right we must not stop.

The NY Post had a image of the WTC mural that was painted on the walls of Saddam's abandon military HQ's. I was really anti-war but this man deserves to die in such a way that he begs for it. I'm talking bats to the knees and elbows. crack those wrist and ankles. Then have some real fun. I pity the people of Iraq for being there under his regiem. Their fear of rising up. Their fear of a US invasion but Saddam must go.
    WAR ON!

24. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    I will repeat my previous point. Ignoring the fact that someone may not be what is considered a realistic threat at the moment is EXACTLY the mindset that allowed 9-11 to happen.

If that means looking a little too aggressive for those with weak stomachs, so that we don't have to see a mushroom cloud over New York or Washington, so be it.

The world is not a pretty, happy place all of the time. There are people that would kill you, given half a chance. And if our survival means we have to kill them first, let them die then.

I don't give a damn how harsh, cold, or unhumanitarian that makes me sound. And guess what---by the time people see what they seem to want (a smoking gun), how many more people will have to die just so a few bleeding hearts can feel confident we're not offending anyone?

Just to clarify, I'm not attacking anyone on these boards in particular. I'm attacking a mindset in the world that just really irks me.

And Clay brought up a good point--why don't we go after tyrants everywhere? The answer I agree with is this, and it's probably about as warm and fuzzy as above. ;) The world survived for quite a while without the US being everyone's big brother. No government, regime, or tyrant can control a group of people without their consent, regardless of how hard their lives are made. Power is derived from the masses. And if people want change enough--they will have it. The US has little business fighting battles for those that should be fighting them themselves.

How I see the US should be involved? Providing aid to those that need it. Supporting groups that actively try to bring about justice and freedom.

When should the US become involved militarily? When the US is threatened. Period. Whether economically or physically. If someone even has the potential to be a danger to us in the future---destroy them. With extreme prejudice.

But I do not think we should be in the role of fighting people's battles for them, because in the end, we're only holding those people back that we're trying to protect. Freedom is earned, not bestowed.

The old saying comes to mind, "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach that man how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime."

Again, these are just my opinions, and I'm not lashing out at anyone specifically.

25. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    OK...so Saddam may not bad as ole Hitler...but he has probobaly killed
    200,000 or so Kenley. Some estimates have it even higher than that!

That would be funny if had been dead since 99...all the video we have watched
    over the years was pre-recorded [face_laugh]

North Korea Clay?!?!? Human rights violations, Nuclear buildup???? I thought
    that was just US propoganda! ;)

Actually, I thought it was them we should be attacking all along! I cant stand those
    little 4th rate countries freaking threatening us!

Kev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.