main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So... what is currently going on with SWCCG?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bacabachaui, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I am thinking of the proverbial "getting back into the game", and I was wondering a few things:

1) Do people play online and how much do they?
    2) What do most play with-virtual cards or the real card versions?
    3) Are the old rules still being used or are the cleaner Wars TCG rules employed?

2. bluethrawn

bluethrawn Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2002
    On-line play has become quite popular since a couple of programs have really evolved and provided players with an enjoyable gaming experience.

This varies quite a bit. The most popular and visible format continues to be Open where every card printed by Decipher and virtual released by the PC is legal. Percentage of virtual cards used in a deck varies by deck type and by player. A number of communities actively compete casually without virtual cards or EP1 cards or with any number of different house rules, as communities have done throughout the entire lifespan of the game.

The Wars TCG rules have not been adopted by SWCCG. SWCCG was not designed to use those rules and any attempt to merge the two would be a nightmare at best, impossible at worst.

http://www.swccgpc.com/forums

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The closest thing to a TCG adaptation/similarity would be probably the "3 planets at once" rules for Young Jedi.

4. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Like Nick (Bluethrawn) said, check out the PCforums, or go to decktech.net

The PC is just about to release its Re-Edit and V-12, and has just released its first Newsletter.

5. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, I know that the WWL online league has over 300 members. There was a lull in the action over there because Holotable was down for a couple of months. The site owner (who plays mainly LOTR) was looking for someone to manage the Star Wars CCG side of the WWL for awhile too. Now that I am the manager I am already working hard to get the activity back up to where it was (as many as 70+ league posted a month!).

I'll probably be looking for a forum Mod or two once activity does pick back up.. if anyone is interested.

This is an excellent topic to bring up. I personally like the streamlined WARS rules when combined with the Star Wars CCG and I intend to have a format in the league that will employ these rules. I'm sure the format won't get much play from the purists.. but then again, no one has really promoted such a format so...

6. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    This is good to hear. I haven't followed this game in a long time, and it is good to know that I'm not the only one that remembers it. When I get more free time I need to figure this holotable thing out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.