main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, what's your story?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ginger_Jedi, Aug 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christina_Skywalker

Christina_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2001
    I have been writeing for quite awhile. Not fanfic but poams and short stories. I guess after I got hooked on Star Wars, I started making up stories in my head. I just recently started writeing them down, most of them are mushy romances. Anyway, that's my story. :D

2. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Mush is good Christina_Skywalker!!! :D

Thanks for sharing!

3. Christina_Skywalker

Christina_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2001
    No problem. [face_smile] I don't mind shareing at all.

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, my bio says most of it, but I'll elaborate anyway (any other "old folks" care to check in?) I think it's something about being a teenager... I was 12 or 13 and a friend of mine started writing Zorro fanfic. Which led us both into Star Trek and Star Wars (ESB had just come out FOR THE FIRST TIME and ROTJ was expected). It kept us awake in French class, and made us look busy.

Yes, back in the Old Days, we actually had to write on paper! With pens! The only computer programs were on casette tapes that you plugged into a TV set to play ping-pong with! And neither of us had any clue that what we were doing was "fanfic." We were just writing stories. We covered everything... Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, the Olympics, Classical Greece, a whole bunch of other things.

When I went away to college & met more friends (most of whom didn't write, but liked to read!) there was more Star Trek, and some extremely silly Dr. Who and Sherlock Holmes. When I graduated, everyone split up and for a long time I was ALL ALONE. No one to read what I was writing, so I tinkered with things, did an Indiana Jones, started a few trashy romance novels which never got finished...

Then Phantom Menace came out shortly after I ran into my original fanfic writing buddy! (Who had actually kept all the ghastly drivel we'd written when we were 13! Believe me. It was BAD!) And for her I wrote an EpI (which was revised and now lives on as "Jerjerrod's Gift").

And a few months later, I got a computer with Internet capability, and was FLOORED to learn that "our little stories" had a name, a following, and hundreds of forums! I swear, I thought it was my own guilty secret.

So there it is. I started when I was 12. I'm 35. This is an addictive hobby! ;)

--Renata

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    "The wonderful world of Star Wars" -- Arabwel hit it right on the head. I write fan fic because I need to immerse myself in the GFFA, I love it so. My stories have been posted here on the Forum, and in the Fan Fiction Archive, which is where I'm concentrating on right now. I have four stories in various stages of completion -- yikes. But I can't ignore "the call" LOL.

princess-sari knows I love her stories. She has the gift of making her characters come alive, creating a fictional world that is unique and irrestible.

6. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    I just wanted to say Thanks Ginger_Jedi for thinking up of this thread. I think it is a wonderful way for fanfic writers to get to know each other more and just see how crazy some of us are (me included of course ;) )

Knight_Obi

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    I'm a bit odd in the aspect of time between finding about 'real' fanfic and starting to write: Less than a week.

What can I say?
    Although my first story was an ABH smut... And still unfinished!

Ara
    (Writes fic for chocolate...)

8. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Wow! I'll have to think about this one. Lesee...

I guess it all started about 3 years ago, when I first saw Star Wars. I had never really written anything before that, except for school (yawn). Star Wars inspired me to write a story that came from MY mind, using someone else's characters. I wasn't sure if people would like them, so I jotted them down in a notebook and forgot about them entirely.
    Then one day, when I was bored on the internet and had nothing to do (yes, I've only been using a computer for 2 years), I stumbled upon a rather.... UNIQUE Star Wars site. It was called "Star Wars fan fiction". I thought, _Wait a minute. There's a name for this?_
    I surfed around like mad, trying to find more of this so-called "fan fiction". And that's how I found the Jedi Council.
    Unlike most people, I jumped right in without checking out other people's work. And like most people who make the same mistake, I stank horribly. No one replied to my first story for several months. So I quit that one and started a new one.
    I did research on grammar, spelling, and pronounciation.
    With each new story, my writing style improved, and I got more feedback.

And here I am now.

9. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    LOL Renata!!! This is addictive! I've only been at it for a few months but I love it! :D

Valeda Kor, four fics huh? I know how that feels! :D

Knight_Obi: [face_blush] Thanks :) Don't you worry, I'm quite insane :p

Darth_Fruitcake: I stumbled upon fan fiction too. I think it must have been destined to happen... :D

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yep, Ginger_Jedi...the ideas just pop into my head. O'course, if I don't find a piece of paper to write them down, they'd pop out equally as quickly. LOL

Just an FYI -- my stories are (and will continue to be) set in the pre-TPM time line, 20-25 years before, long before the Sith have made their presence known again. Since my fiction features characters like Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, I prefer to use them in "happier times," as it were. Besides, I could never compete with the outstanding Luke/Han/Leia/Mara/etcetera plot lines that are out there....

11. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Wow, a lot of people have posted in here since I checked last! :eek: ;) :D

I agree, this is a great thread! A very interesting idea, Ginger! :)

It's interesting to find out how others stumbled into the great world of fanfiction. I espectially like you story, Mistress_Renata! :)

And of course, as I said before, if I hadn't gotten into fanfiction, I would've never met you, Ginger! :eek: Or anyone else here, for that matter! :eek: (Ginger was the one who pursuaded (sp??) me to sign up here... :) )

:D

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Valeda Kor: COOL!!!! :D

Laura: Busy's the right word! :)

13. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Well, I started after someone suggested that I start, Ginger. And I just used a character I had already thought up. I'm planning a few prequels and some sequels now. The link to my first and only current work at TFN is the 1st URL in my sig.

14. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
  15. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    I made Ginger blush. :D

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I kind of stumbled into fanfiction. My husband showed me how to get around the internet and I just started looking up Star Wars stuff. I had seen the original trilogy the first time around and was already reading the books so I was curious to see what I could find. I started to find stories written by fans and began to read them. That was in the fall of 1999. In the spring of 2000, one of the sites I was visiting had a link to this site. I hadn't a clue such a board existed. After reading a few months, I decided to try my own story. My first piece was a short first person vignette called Joy to Sorrow. I got a few responses and more confidence.

I write for fun. It's a nice way to relax after work. I'm really glad to see other "adults" here (I'm 40). Star Wars seems to reach people of all ages.

17. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    I'm only 15... :p

Fanfiction is a great way to relax and/or deal with your emotions. What you're feeling can go onto paper quite nicely sometimes through your characters!

The links to all my fics are in my bio... along with a "coming soon" section... thanks to Ginger for the idea... :D

:)

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I just had a flash back to when I was six, I actually started then when I saw the Land Before Time. I was so in love with that movie that I actually began to do fanart for it and send it into Scholastic for kids. They sent me back a nice letter telling me how they couldn't print my picture because the movie was copyrighted. I was crushed. Ah, well then I began to read chapter books and I actually managed to get through Black Beauty. That was my first bit of RPG, pretending to be a talking horse was pretty fun back then :)

I guess that doesn't have to do with writing fanfiction, but its definetly fan something! ;)

19. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    I'm 15 too RebelMom. My older brother took me to see the Original Trilogy when I was 11 and I've loved 'em ever since! :D

We all have to start somewhere JGOC! :D

You're welcome Laura! :D

20. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
  21. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    If you count RPGing I've been a writer for 8+ years then.

22. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    My first exposure to fanfics was here, in the JC. Lyn'wyna Kenobi (hope I spelled that right) got me interested with an AU she did of Obi and Qui-Gon shortly after TPM came out.

It continued with Jodiwent and her story 'To Stand Alone' and it just snowballed from there.

My very first fanfic was about an X-Wing pilot who was part of an extreme risk squad and was discharged for treason. It didn't fly for very long, as no one ever replied to a single post. It died six posts later.

My next attempt was a SW/Crow crossover that was a little gothic for some people's tastes, but it got some reviews. But, real life and a massive case of writer's block killed it too.

My latest attempt, the 'Stranger in a Strange Land' series, was actually inspired by 'Warrior's Sojourn' by Rokangus. Something in that story sparked my desire to write about a favourite RPG character of mine and put him into the SW Universe.

The rest, as they say, is history.

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Whoa! There is a RPG section on the Forums? Hmm... I learn some thing new every day I suppose :)

I actually used to be really into the RPG thing about a year ago, but it really began to eat into my time, as I would begin to obsess over it. Now I try to stay away from them, round robins are bad enough ;) but some times there is one I take a shine to and join.

24. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    I've never done anything that has to deal with RPG... I thought about looking into it once but never did... :p

And this needs an UP! :D ;) So... UP! :D

25. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Up!!! :D

Look at what I missed on my own thread... *sighs*

I've done some RPGs in my time but not SW ones...yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.