main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI So who will be the guests this time around?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Dingo, Jun 2, 2011.

1. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    I have it on good authority that Aaron Allston will be there. I don't know if it has been officially announced as of yet.

2. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    TheForce.Net had a news post about that on January 17

The present list of authors should be:

?Aaron Allston
    ?Troy Denning
    ?Jason Fry
    ?Drew Karpyshyn
    ?James Luceno
    ?John Jackson Miller
    ?Timothy Zahn

Personally, I am impatiently waiting for announcements about cast and crew attending.[face_hypnotized] :)

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    What, no Kevin J Anderson? :p

4. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    I don't know where you get the impression that Harrison doesn't want to talk or have anything to do with Star Wars, I've met him twice in the last year and I got Star Wars items signed and he was very good about it, asking me where I wanted him to sign and being very careful with his signature. He was a very nice guy and very good to his fans. He signed a hell of a lot here in the UK last year at both premieres that he attended. I even had a photo taken with him.

Ewan used to be great with Star Wars until some idiot in London challenged him to a lightsabree fight outside a theatre and wouldn't leave when asked to. Ewan has since then been wary of Star Wars fans, and who can blame him.

However, the one person that you say would be great at a convention is allegedly not nice at all. I've frequently heard that Samuel allegedly ignores fans, swears at them, and is generally in a pissed off mood when approached for autographs. I guess he'd be all smiles if you're paying him, but know that you're paying for that smile too.

5. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I'm not trying to defend Samuel Jackson's attitude towards SW fans but I've witnessed some
    fans who don't know when to turn off the "role playing". I remember meeting Carrie Fisher
    for the first time and was told she could be difficult at times. After four hours of signing
    non-stop, she decided to take her potty break. Instead, she signed one more autograph for a
    goofy looking dude in a Jedi robe before walking away. A simple smile did it.
    Yeah, that was me . . .

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If Tem Morrison is announced don't get excited unless he's still on the guest list when Celebration starts. The guy is great (I met him at a collecting show in Milton Keynes UK in 2005) but he doesn't have a good record for actually appearing. I think the last few times he's been listed here in the UK he's cancelled closer to the date.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  7. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I would love to see Jude Watson as a guest --that's her writing pseudonym - I've heard her real name is Judy Blondell. She wrote most of the young adult SW books for scholastic - Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, Last of the Jedi. They were awfully fun to read (for young and old alike) and she had a good grasp of the characters.

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    If I know Ben Stevens, he's trying HARD to get Ian McDirmid to C VI. He was very close to getting him for C2E2 but Ian wasn't able to clear his schedule (and he did try, for like a month to re-arrange everything), hence the private signing going on now. I'm betting Ben wouldn't have tried to get him unless it was a package deal with Celebration.

9. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    No better way to inject some excitement into my Thursday morning than by reading this.

Please oh please oh please...

10. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Peter Mayhew's website has shown him as being a guest for CVI since December. I tried to get confirmation from Reed/Lucasfilm for my website, but haven't heard back from them.

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Jay Laga'aia just announced that he will not be the host for CVI. :(

12. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    That sucks. Where's the 'dislike' button?

13. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Some hosts were announced
    James Arnold Taylor will host the Main Stage, David Collins will host the Digital Stage, and Pablo Hidalgo will host the Behind-the-Scenes Stage
    http://www.starwars.com/news/celebration_vi_stage_hosts.html?utm_source=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.starwars.com%2Fdata%2Fheadlines.xml&utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=starwars-site_rss

14. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    I will be missing Jay. He's always terrific - talented plus can interview even reclusives and make them comfortable, like George. and he's musical. I had hoped to see another guitar/song duet with Bonnie P.

We keep losing some of the best people. Also missed Star Wars in 30 Minutes at CV.

15. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    A slew of artists have been confirmed for Artist Alley. The article is up on the main page.

16. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I want an on stage event with the reunion of Obi-Wan and Anakin as well as Ewan and Hayden's autographs! :)
    Would also like too see Senator Organa and some of the darth's appearing

17. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012

Yea, I hope they show up at a convention sometime in the future! I don’t care if some people don’t like their acting in the Prequels, I loved it and it would be a shame if they never got to come because of the fans who don’t like them! It would also be cool to see Natile Portman show up with them as well, but Hayden and Ewan are a must!

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    For authors, I'd like to see Jude Watson. She did a wonderful job on the prequel young adult books.

For guests, it is entirely possible that the major stars for the movie may be contractually obliged to show up at Celebration-Anaheim, since they will be at the beginning end of the publicity for the release of the movie.

19. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I doubt it. No major stars attended Celebration 1, 2 or 3, so I don't see why that would change for Celebration Anaheim.

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Please start a new thread with the CVII tag, or would you rather that I retagged this one?