main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Soc]The New Buffy/Angel Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Pilot, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003

*wince* Guys, please... I beg you, please be careful of the spoilers, even if they're just general allusions. I'd really have prefered *not* to know that there will aparently be some ESC/Willow showoff next week.

Alternatively, if everyone else would prefer to talk about stuff like this, then I certainly don't want to ask everyone to stop on my account. Just let me know what the standard is, and if there are spoilers then I can be careful not to read the thread.

2. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Sorry, Alison. [face_blush]

They're just talking about the trailer. After the ep, they showed the "next weeks ep" trailer. Thats what we've been prattling on about.....sorry :)

I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague. Angels been so darn good lately, I havent felt the need to search them out.

3. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Wanted to add how impressed I've been with this season of Angel. I know I've alluded to it before, but its been a while since I've seen such consistent quality in a series. Buffy season five was great, X-files season five, too. This is classic stuff, kiddies.

4. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    It was starting to slide down the old crisco hill. Grabbed it in the knick of time.

5. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Sorry Taeriel :( , If it helps I DON'T know if there will be any sort of confrontation next week, I'm just tossing speculations out into the air.

6. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Slippery little sucker was making another run for page two. Doesnt it know how much it means to us???!!!! [face_shocked]

7. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Angel has been good this season, but every now and then I get an itching to see Doyle. I'm glad season one is out on dvd.

8. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Doyle was da man [face_love]

9. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Buffy/Angel spoiler parameters: my take

If it airs during the 60 minutes of the show (including the teaser) : not a spoiler

If it airs as a promo during the week: not a spoiler

If it's been released by the studio as a press release: not a spoiler

If you're just speculating and have no knowledge of it being accurate : not a spoiler

If you read it online and it is attributed to an "inside source" : SPOILER

Posting a review of the show before the show has finished airing locally: SPOILER

If everyone on the net is talking about it, but no one from the studio has confirmed it publicly: SPOILER

Just my 2 pennies.

10. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    With all that said, if Taeriel doesn't want us discussing what's shown in the commercials, even though I don't consider that a spoiler, i'll honor it.

11. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I guess I just never thought of a teaser as a spoiler. My bad. :(

I go online and watch them for movies and tv all the time. They're almost as much fun as the show itself. I would pay full price admission to go to a movie theatre and watch two hours of trailers. You can take the crappiest movie on earth and make a killer trailer out of that hunk-o-junk.

I digress....I have no problem not talking about em. I can see the attraction of delayed gratification. So, if thats the word, thats the word :)

12. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Mistress, if you like trailers that much you need to come to the con and attend "Jeff & Dave's Trailer Park". Two hours of trailers and PR stuff from upcoming movies and TV.

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003

I generally tend to consider anything that hasn't actually aired in the show itself to be a spoiler, including trailers. I'll watch them once in a while, but usually I like to be in the not-know about what is coming up in the next episode. Though, this is only for shows I really care about. Others I have no problems with trailers and spoilers.

That said, it looks like I'm the only one here who has that approach, so it should be majority rules, as with everything else. Sorry, I just didn't realize that I was the only one who considered previews to be spoilers.

14. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I think when you see a teaser for movie it isn't necessarily a spoiler because all it gives you is a little tatse without revealing too much. It's almost impossible to do that with a television show. They almost have to give something away.

I personally love watching the teasers for Buffy and Angel because I spend the whole week trying to figure out which way the plot is going. Then if I guess right I pat myself on the back for being so smart. :) If I guess wrong, I'm usaully happy about being thrown off track. Unless, of course, whatever happens doesn't fit in with the show then I just start screaming at the TV.

*Looks around for the MIW (Men In White Jackets)*

That being said, I think alot of people consider the teasers as spoilers. As such I will not talk about out of respect.

15. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Tonight's Buffy is a rerun, however it is the one where The FE visits Willow and the spirit of Joyce(?) visits Dawn. IT may be worth watching again to try and resolve some questions.

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, drats. No Angel, aparently. How do we find out when they're going to play the episode?

17. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    I've been trying to find out, no luck so far. I'll watch WB2 news and see if they say anything about it. Keep you eyes peeled folks, and post as soon as you know anything.

18. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    keep an eye out on www.wb2.com

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003

I sat through all the weather news in hopes that they'd start Angel afterwards, but instead they've gone back to CNN. All I've been able to find on the W2 webpage is a notice that the primetime shows "may be pre-empted" - no word I could see on when they'd actually air. Anyone find anything else?

20. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    No dice here, when I search on Angel all I get is next weeks episode.

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003

The other possibility is that it may not have been preempted everywhere else, and that we could either download the episode off the net (I did that with Buffy the time the station was off-air) or if it plays somewhere we have contacts, we can beg for a copy to be sent.

I'd rather have seen it tonight, though. I mean, we need to see it before next week's Buffy, I assume...? Aurgh!

22. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Yep, Next week is a new episode. This weeks was called "Orpheus", if that helps in finding it somewhere.

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    WHAT??? They're playing _Everyone Loves Raymond_ rather than the primetime shows they scratched??? What about Angel????????? :_|

24. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003

Ok, I give up. I'm tired, and I want to go to sleep. I don't see any indication whether they'll be playing Angel tonight or not.

25. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    I got nothin'. :(

Best guess would be that they will show it some time this weekend, replacing one of the syndicated shows which are in re-runs right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.